Zoetis Employee Reviews

Zoetis was the worst two years of my life
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 18, 2019
The management is clueless. In production, your usual day will consist of doing the work of three people unsupervised and unassisted. The work is repetitive, mind numbing, and very difficult on your body. The managers are not interested in providing us with equipment that may ease the labor, and the mantra "safety first" is for liability purposes only. Colleagues on the work force are generally hard working if not the brightest, but the management is the worst I have ever seen. Cannot recommend to anyone except those that absolutely cannot find another opportunity.
Pros
overtime abundant
Cons
surprise overtime, toddlers for management
Poor management
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIMarch 24, 2019
Management had no communication skills employees not good at giving diection or training train urself Easy work when there was work full time employees dont like to work together to get the job done no team work too many chiefs very unorganized
Pros
Got new locker rooms and bathrooms
Cons
Unorganized not happy environment management lot of machines/lines going down
Lots of hours and stressful
LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORTATION REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOJanuary 28, 2019
The amount of business that goes through this company requires a great amount of man-hours. The company is staffed with a skeleton crew that requires 50-60 hours a week.

Certain times of the year were extremely busy and lots of high stress moments between management and employees. A simple mistake meant some very heated moments.

Most of the workers had high blood pressure among many other health problems related to stress.
Pros
Good pay from the hours
Cons
Stressful
Bad employee money’s not worth it!
Aspetic Technician (Current Employee) –  Charles City, IAJanuary 7, 2019
I was a aspetic Technician I the people were nice, but they talked and went behind each other’s back. Seemed like the management cared for the most part. Paperwork that you have to do is way overboard! You were told screw up and they terminate you! Procedures were not kept! They say the rooms for procedures are suppose to be air tight and no one in and out because of air and no cross contamination. Well I had lots of people come and crack doors open to talk to the people in the procedure rooms. Cross contamination happened on a daily bases!!!
Benefits
Cons
No advancement nor care for their employees
Mostly great, and sometimes inconsistent
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 4, 2019
Experiences and happiness I've learned are greatly influenced by your manager. I've observed a lot of great ones, and they are the ones that work with you and develop you and have strong values and care about who you are and work with you around personal needs. Zoetis does a lot to help develop managers (at least they did in the past). Yet there are inconsistencies amongst managers, which makes for challenges. There are also often changes in some management areas, which makes it difficult for continuity.
Overall there are a lot of high quality people and top-notch products, and excellent benefits.
Pros
people, benefits, excellent products
Cons
inconsistency
was a pretty nice place to work was really getting it i thought it would be my retirement job i hated to loose it Im very disappointed
Formulation Operator (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIDecember 11, 2018
I worked 3rd shift i liked my job and coworker we got along fine our work atmosphere was nice until it came too our morning pass down. shift change issues.

they don't give adequate training time before releasing on your own.
Pros
nice place to work if they like you
Cons
can be not so comfortable working environment at time pressure
Toxic production environment.
Biological Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 7, 2018
I started out as a temporary employee. Was granted permanent status within several months, upon proving myself as a worthy employee. Senior employees bullied me, was referred to as, hey you. I would tell them my name, but to no avail. I was picked on and sabotaged by coworkers. Misogyny and xenophobia were prevalent.
The toxic environment and stress were causing health issues. So I left. It's a worldwide corporation. Comply and obey should be their motto. I was just a number, and you will be too. A revolving door of employees. Blatant favoritism by managers. Possibly the worst place I ever worked. Once I quit, my health improved. Oh, and they produce synthetic hormones to make bovines larger. GMOs. The people who worked in that area, had to wear special suits and breathing apparatus to avoid exposure.
Pros
Okay benefits
Cons
Preferential treatment towards certain employees by management.
More of a Work/NO life balance
Sr. professional (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 7, 2018
The company pays well and is growing every month but they work their employees to the bone. Not much room for advancement. Most employees are locals to the area.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too much work
Good place to start
Team Leader (Production Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Charles City, IANovember 30, 2018
Good company to start as a stepping stone to further your career. very little promotion from within, very focused on college education vs real world experiences.
packaging operature
Packaging Operator (Current Employee) –  Portage, MINovember 27, 2018
seeking more pay, so my family can live more comfortably. With the pay that I am making I am barely making it. The company that I am working for they are not hiring, so they are overwork us.
Pros
easy work
Cons
over work
This once was a better work environment
Logistics Representative (Current Employee) –  Independence, MoNovember 26, 2018
Zoetis was created as a stand alone company, after Pfizer separated its Human and Animal Health branches. While Pfizer is still a good work environment, specific management priorities have made Zoetis an absolute nightmare for its colleagues.
Pros
Very Few
Cons
A culture of fear and little appreciation is shown for hard work
Engineering Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 13, 2018
A typical day is going over all the WO's in the system,
coordinating them with Operations and or Contractors.
Run meetings with Operations and coordinate jobs to be done during this time. Also Meet with department and department heads to prioritize WO's.

Make changes the MMS ( SAP) as far as parts and or PM frequency.

Coordinate Utilities outages with both Sites.
Pros
3 weeks Vacation, 4 PTO days a year, insurance from day 1
Cons
No place of advancement
Field Service
Field Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYSeptember 27, 2018
This job is extremely stressful due to being responsible for multiple sites in multiple states and being on call for all sites. Each site runs at different times, so you never know when you will be called out to fix a problem on top of having a set weekly schedule. The pay is average.
Chaotic environment with unrealistic standards
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 16, 2018
The job expectations were never consistent and it seemed that people that did the least work and were most toxic to the work environment were the ones who were given opportunities to advance. We were all supposed to have the same expectations around attendance and quality but it was blatantly obvious that some colleagues were not held to the same standards as others. Leadership and Human Resources have all been made aware repeatedly and no changes are made.
Pros
Good health benefits and plenty of overtime offered
Cons
Stressful work environment, 12 hour shifts, poor upper management
You are just a replaceable number!
Lab tech (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 5, 2018
Low morale, and very toxic place to work. You can do 20 great things in a day but you will only hear about your mistakes. You are literally only as good as your last mistake. Career advancement is none exsistant, management has no time to do any team building or give any incentives to get better performances. Miserable working environment. The benefits are the only mediocre positive but those are slowly getting worse with each passing year. I would NOT recommend working for Zoetis Lincoln site.
Benefits
Cons
Toxic depressing work environment
Fun, collaborative environment
Biological Regulatory Affairs Contractor (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 23, 2018
Zoetis is an animal health company that spinned off from Pfizer in 2013. R&D here is top-notch and there is work-hour flexibility. Many PhDs and DVMs make this place a perfect intersection between scientific research and business.
Face paced workplace with good benefits and vacation
Aseptic Technician (Media Prep) (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 8, 2018
Zoetis has great paid benefits and vacation. The biggest issue within the company is the constant changes in employee expectations and company policies. Zoetis is a great company to start with, but an employee can quickly become stuck at their level due to the lack of advancement opportunities.
Pros
Vacation, Benefits
Cons
lack of advancement, Responsibilities greater than pay
Fun workplace
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 16, 2018
It’s a great work environment with a lot of opportunities! The coworkers and supervisors were outstanding! Definitely a good work place for students and families.
production in the work place
Aerotek Contractor (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJMay 9, 2018
you never new what time to come in are what time you got off. The temp was treated better than the permanent people. Everything started changing for the worst.
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIApril 30, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Zoetis. I only left so I could have insurance benefits. I was a temporary employee without benefits and wasn't sure how long it would take to get hired in full time.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
hot in the summer time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zoetis. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss