Zonar Systems Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Was awesome and then change occurred with new ownership
Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 13, 2018
Was a great place and then with the ownership buyout the culture started to change. Lots of leadership and experience changes which leads to lots of new employees that know little about the product and have to learn it. Very little history knowledge of products left at the company.
Great Culture and Really Good Benefits
Help Desk Tier (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 5, 2018
I really enjoyed working here, the people they hire are great. Management really worked with me to make sure I was happy here which is not something all companies will do for their employees. I loved my team, they were always buying us lunch and keeping us informed about what was going on with the company. The health insurance/ benefits were really competitive and some of the best I've ever had.
High turnover and bad management
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 16, 2017
Company had a very high rate of turnover in engineering positions. Management was asleep at the wheel at times and overbearing at other times. Highly toxic members of the staff were protected and allowed to continue bad behavior.
Pros
High turnover allowed for quick advancement
Cons
Mostly cons, the pros rarely outweighed the cons
Productive career within a successful company
Field Technician/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 8, 2017
Management was great. They were always willing to help out when needed. The opportunity to travel to new places within the US and Canada was a great experience and very rewarding.
Pros
On the job training / Travel opportunity / Benefits and discounts for travel go toward paid vacation
Cons
Amazing company to work for
Field Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 14, 2017
The best job i've ever had. If you overlook the travel the company its good to you if you work hard and your good honest. My favorite job ever and hope one day I can have the same type of job again or work for a similar company
Pros
The pay was good and fair, company will treat you great, Good hours
Cons
Sometimes they over work you but they pay overtime for the extra work, a company that's not afraid if you work for them to pay
Snafu inc.
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 3, 2017
Over all the management doesn't seem to know where they are going or how to get there. There is constant was of your time and company resources. Over all work at Zonar sucks.
Pros
OK pay and benefits
Cons
constant mess, no direction
Not as Advertised
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJune 6, 2017
Unorganized. Knowledge-base structure is lacking. Reward employees who treat other employees poorly. Management lacks structure.. and do not staff according to needs.
Pros
Free Drinks, know how to party
Cons
Over Worked and lack of a good repository of information
Marketing Intern
Marketing Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 19, 2017
As a marketing Intern I helped Zonar with brochures, daily administrative duties, organization the work place, helping with social media, and helping edit documents.
Mixed review
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 13, 2017
I have mixed feelings about my work experience with Zonar. I made some great professional relationships while working there, although I feel that mid-level management team could benefit from people management training. My observation is that this layer of the management team had been pulled from their field experience and placed in these positions as subject matter experts, not necessarily fully equipped with the skill set to effectively lead a team. The workplace culture is a fun atmosphere - very much a work hard, play hard atmosphere.
Sinking Ship
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 14, 2017
Recently went through changes with transfer of power from company founders to new C-level executives. They seem to be lost trying to make Zonar Amazon or Starbucks rather than continuing path that led to success in the first place. Opportunities for advancement are gone. Haven't released a new product in years and constantly miss development deliverables to customers.

This company has the ability to be successful and great but under the current leadership conditions are bad and only getting worse.
Pros
Free soft drinks. Above average benefits
Cons
Lack of solid leadership across every department
Management is destroying this companies culture
Senior Technical Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 3, 2016
Co-workers are extremely intelligent and most friendly. The products are interesting and challenging. The work environment is extremely hostile, mostly within upper management. The office politics are never ending. People are constantly under stress and it shows. This is a common theme in online reviews because it's true! It's an "eye-for-an-eye" within management so you must be careful or eventually you will be thrown under the bus as well.
Pros
Pay, Healthcare, Leaving
Cool growing 14 year old startup
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 29, 2016
It's a fun company to work for. Utilizing cutting edge technology. Tech office in downtown with pool table, foosball table.
Pros
Lunch and Learns
Go for it
Python/PHP Developer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 22, 2015
The work may not be utilizing the most advanced tech, but you will like it if you are a Postgres guru
Teammates are the most wonderful and talented
Management - they are army generals so beware of them
Pros
Nice teammates
Cons
Boorish management
Cool industry
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 25, 2014
It's a great industry in which to be working. Long hours are expected and targets are consistently moving. Resources are always tight.