Zones, Inc. Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Mission Blurry
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAJuly 30, 2018
I love working at Zones but not sure of the Mission and direction. Every January is a reboot of mission or goal of the company. Budgets are chopped and people are fired every Q1 which makes people feel insecure.
Great entry level position.
Integration Technician (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAJuly 22, 2018
Great job if you’re trying to get into tech. You are the company “gopher”. Their is no set job just a bunch of temps waiting around on what to do weather it’s moving pallets in the warehouse or imaging PCs. Management is down right terrible. I was told to look busy most of the time. They over hire and the turn over rate is high. Again, management is terrible. Pretty sure they picked this guy out of a hat.
Great learning environment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJuly 11, 2018
Great team work
Multiple teaching meetings
Opportunity to grow business and profit
competitive work environment
Friendly work culture
Most enjoyable part of the day was the training sessions
overall average
Software architect and technical lead (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 3, 2018
Not much to write
just average
not much challenges
free good sometime
fun activities
average benefits
location is not very commutable from tech hubs
overall average
The Worst
Configuration Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  USAJune 26, 2018
Not a lot of good things to say. My fellow co-workers(grunts) are pretty cool peeps. Other than that it sucks. This company wants you to work yourself to the bone AND KEEP GOING!! No work life balance here, management doesn't even know the term. Our manager told us in a group huddle that he doesn't care if we have families, he doesn't care if we miss dinners and time with family. He said he doesn't want to hear it if we cant get our stuff done if we are not willing to put in the OT to get it done. Wow what a way to motivate. Oh yeah and this place will micro manage just about every aspect of your daily tasks.
Pros
they are not fake
Cons
they are not fake
Stay away from this company
Inside Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAJune 18, 2018
I am not a former angry employee taking out my frustration in a review. I am simply warning anyone considering a job here to stay far away from this place. Their promises are empty, and they pay is disgraceful for this industry. The perks they do have are giveaways from vendors that want to keep their product on the Zones sales list. I will say that they have great trainers, and have on-going training, some mandatory and some optional. Once you hit the sales floor, it's every man for himself and watch your back.
I have nothing positive to say
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 30, 2018
This company does not value its employees.
Free food availble at trainings
high turnover

this company does have great partners to work with

there is a large break room
Pros
free food
Cons
management and compensation
High school??
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 18, 2018
Zones is really good about talking the talk on how they have a business full of professional leaders. But what they don't do is make sure management walks the walk. Upper management does not hold lower management accountable for their actions, nor do they make sure it is a safe place for members and support groups to share their ideas and opinions without being criticized or reprimanded . Hostile work environments even when reported to HR are overlooked and the team member who reports it is actually disciplined.

Own your Zone... Just don't express it unless it matches up with what management wants
Pros
Other team members Medical Dental paid time off
Cons
Too many cliques in management that lack maturity
Bad managment
Logistics Administrator (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILMay 9, 2018
Not a friendly place. Low pay. No employee appreciation. Management doesn't like to own up to their mistakes. Lots of finger pointing and sometimes mandatory Saturdays.
Pros
Quarterly lunches
Cons
Bad management
Replaces IT department every few years
Manager- Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 16, 2018
Constant turnover and replacement of IT staff, regardless of their experience or knowledge. Very hostile work environment and constant turnover, would not recommend this as a place of employment
Pros
Free parking
Cons
constant turnover and replacement of all IT staff
not the best place to work
Account Executive/Technology Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2018
i dont want to write this review but since you guys are forcing me and it wasnt the best experience here it goes. zones was trying to break into a tech market that they just couldnt break into. they made it worse by making their office only a public sector office. the sales floor was very cliquey, and very unprofessional.
Pros
place to chill at
Cons
bad business model
Constant reduction in force
Director (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 31, 2018
Every quarter everyone feels that it is their turn to be let go. The field takes the brunt of all the bad decisions made by home office. No comprehensive tools to monitor your business.
Pros
Peers
Cons
Quarterly change in company direction. Communication.
demoralizing workplace
Networking and Security Inside Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 30, 2018
working at Zones there were too many changes to the ways we do things causing you to adapt again and again. Zones also reserves the right to change your pay structure whenever they want so you never know how much you will make. They also pull accounts from experienced reps causing them to partly start over with their book. Its a very volatile work environment.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
inconsistant pay structure, they take accounts
Lots to be desired with zones
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMarch 3, 2018
Always the lowest pay amongst our peers. Culture was a focus and morale was also. Did little or nothing to improve both. They have some good people there.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Poor pay relative to peers
Good entry level sales positions
Software Licensing Expert (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAFebruary 28, 2018
Good place to start your career and get some basic experience. Not a great place to stay once you've learn the necessary skills as they do not have competitive compensation.
being laid off from Zones inc is just a worst thing that happend to me.
Assist Finance (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAFebruary 26, 2018
everything was going ok and I love my boss, but once a new higher boss came in the company he decided to laid off 30 employees. we were not secured. It was a very hurtful situation for any person to work for a company, and I was very committed and hard working person.
Pros
yes sometimes wegegt free breakfast n lunches
Cons
na
Entry level Integration Lab Technician
Integration Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILFebruary 12, 2018
5% IT 95% Re-Packaging.
Good starter job for high school or college graduates pursuing IT occupation. Turn over rate is high. Temp turn over rate even higher. Work force is increased or decreased at will based on sales and work load.
Documented standard operating procedures are poor therefore information is tribal. New employees must shadow an existing employee to learn as much as possible. Smoke breaks and break times are unsupervised. Be prepared to repeat yourself because everyone has headphones or earbuds, as work is repetitive.
Get in, do your job, get paid, get out..
Pros
They like to feed you. Work unsupervised.
Cons
No benefits. No advancement.
It was a good work environment.
Sales & Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 6, 2018
Arrive to work log in and begin the daily routine of reading and responding to emails. Typical work day. The culture was good and I learned quite a bit about hardware while I was there.
Pros
Small Group
Cons
Small Group
Great Company!
Order Management Specialist - Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAFebruary 2, 2018
If I could progress, I would, unfortunately, contractor positions don't last. Company has great management and is willing to go over and beyond to help you succeed.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Contract
They dont care about you
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILJanuary 28, 2018
Upper management calls me in when theres no work I open the door and the other supervisor asks me why i'm even here. That's a good question, I ask myself that everyday. They do NOT respect your personal time. They WILL be rude to you. They do NOT say THANKS. They have "Employee events" to make it seem like their being nice but its just a tax write off. Under no circumstance should you go out of your way for this company they will not appreciate it. Management does not communicate effectively. They constantly walk around looking for things because they cant find them. Firing people constantly that don't deserve it. Temps are treated poorly. Try treating me bad see what happens.
Pros
Putting in headphones
Cons
Listening to my surroundings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zones, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight