Zones, Inc. Employee Reviews

Bad managment
Logistics Administrator (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILMay 9, 2018
Not a friendly place. Low pay. No employee appreciation. Management doesn't like to own up to their mistakes. Lots of finger pointing and sometimes mandatory Saturdays.
Pros
Quarterly lunches
Cons
Bad management
Replaces IT department every few years
Manager- Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 16, 2018
Constant turnover and replacement of IT staff, regardless of their experience or knowledge. Very hostile work environment and constant turnover, would not recommend this as a place of employment
Pros
Free parking
Cons
constant turnover and replacement of all IT staff
not the best place to work
Account Executive/Technology Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2018
i dont want to write this review but since you guys are forcing me and it wasnt the best experience here it goes. zones was trying to break into a tech market that they just couldnt break into. they made it worse by making their office only a public sector office. the sales floor was very cliquey, and very unprofessional.
Pros
place to chill at
Cons
bad business model
Constant reduction in force
Director (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 31, 2018
Every quarter everyone feels that it is their turn to be let go. The field takes the brunt of all the bad decisions made by home office. No comprehensive tools to monitor your business.
Pros
Peers
Cons
Quarterly change in company direction. Communication.
demoralizing workplace
Networking and Security Inside Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 30, 2018
working at Zones there were too many changes to the ways we do things causing you to adapt again and again. Zones also reserves the right to change your pay structure whenever they want so you never know how much you will make. They also pull accounts from experienced reps causing them to partly start over with their book. Its a very volatile work environment.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
inconsistant pay structure, they take accounts
Lots to be desired with zones
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMarch 3, 2018
Always the lowest pay amongst our peers. Culture was a focus and morale was also. Did little or nothing to improve both. They have some good people there.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Poor pay relative to peers
Good entry level sales positions
Software Licensing Expert (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAFebruary 28, 2018
Good place to start your career and get some basic experience. Not a great place to stay once you've learn the necessary skills as they do not have competitive compensation.
being laid off from Zones inc is just a worst thing that happend to me.
Assist Finance (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAFebruary 26, 2018
everything was going ok and I love my boss, but once a new higher boss came in the company he decided to laid off 30 employees. we were not secured. It was a very hurtful situation for any person to work for a company, and I was very committed and hard working person.
Pros
yes sometimes wegegt free breakfast n lunches
Cons
na
Entry level Integration Lab Technician
Integration Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILFebruary 12, 2018
5% IT 95% Re-Packaging.
Good starter job for high school or college graduates pursuing IT occupation. Turn over rate is high. Temp turn over rate even higher. Work force is increased or decreased at will based on sales and work load.
Documented standard operating procedures are poor therefore information is tribal. New employees must shadow an existing employee to learn as much as possible. Smoke breaks and break times are unsupervised. Be prepared to repeat yourself because everyone has headphones or earbuds, as work is repetitive.
Get in, do your job, get paid, get out..
Pros
They like to feed you. Work unsupervised.
Cons
No benefits. No advancement.
It was a good work environment.
Sales & Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 6, 2018
Arrive to work log in and begin the daily routine of reading and responding to emails. Typical work day. The culture was good and I learned quite a bit about hardware while I was there.
Pros
Small Group
Cons
Small Group
Great Company!
Order Management Specialist - Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAFebruary 2, 2018
If I could progress, I would, unfortunately, contractor positions don't last. Company has great management and is willing to go over and beyond to help you succeed.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Contract
They dont care about you
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILJanuary 28, 2018
Upper management calls me in when theres no work I open the door and the other supervisor asks me why i'm even here. That's a good question, I ask myself that everyday. They do NOT respect your personal time. They WILL be rude to you. They do NOT say THANKS. They have "Employee events" to make it seem like their being nice but its just a tax write off. Under no circumstance should you go out of your way for this company they will not appreciate it. Management does not communicate effectively. They constantly walk around looking for things because they cant find them. Firing people constantly that don't deserve it. Temps are treated poorly. Try treating me bad see what happens.
Pros
Putting in headphones
Cons
Listening to my surroundings
Clueless Upper Management
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILJanuary 25, 2018
Upper Management could care less about their employee's. Practically no communication or direction from upper and senior management, everything is put on Middle managers with no support or direction.
A New Sheriff in Town
Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 23, 2018
Zones was a very delightful place to work in the beginning. You were provided tons of training and was looked upon as a valued individual contributor. There was a lot of freedom and flexibility given to remote office workers. Things changed when Zones acquired another company a year ago to handle the professional services division. Leadership and direction from this new management has been very minimal which has caused many long time employees to wonder about their future longevity here.
Pros
Training provided in the beginning
Cons
Training no longer a priority
Zones Review
Inside Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 22, 2018
A good work environment with friendly people. A great place to get your feet wet in the IT industry and make a good paycheck at the same time. A good place to start a working/corporate career and build our resume.
good company to work for
Hardware / Software Configuration Technician (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILJanuary 21, 2018
Had a great supervisor, very helpful and supportive. The best supervisor that I ever had! Too bad I'm not allowed to mention their name! The configuration lab did start a product tracking system to measure productivity which was needed to ensure that product was configured and sent out to the customers in a timely fashion. Decide if it is important to you to have your metrics under constant scrutiny, it could depend on your work style and how much stress that you wish to tolerate!
Pros
some free lunches or dinners depending on what shift you were on, very helpful supervisors and co-workers!
Cons
when times were slow, it was hard to "look busy" workflow could have been better!
Productive Place to Work
Senior Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJanuary 18, 2018
Productive Place to Work.

Was able to get trained to advanced in current role in Physical Security. The job was very challenging each and every day.
Was able to work closely with all vendors that support the Physical Security industry.
Poor management
Enterprise Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 17, 2018
Long hours, account management with limited support from local sales ASM. Hard to determine company culture since I was a remote sales executive. Lots of turn over within the region because of poor middle management.
Pros
Advanced Technology solutions
Cons
poor leadership and management at a local level
Nice first time job for students entering workforce/IT Sales
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2018
Management has no clue what they are doing. A typical good 'ol boys culture. Super low paying and have an '80's style micromanagement bent. All sales management are more concerned about managing up rather than managing their direct reports or even understanding what their direct reports do.
Pros
None/would not recommend to anyone but a first timer
Cons
Low paying/worst benefits in the industry
I guess okay... if you're straight out of college
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJanuary 13, 2018
Not a bad place to gain experience but not a place for an long outlook of your career. Low pay, constant change to management and compensation... highly political... do not recommend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zones, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

2.7Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight