Zoni Language Centers logo

Zoni Language Centers Employee Reviews

Zoni Language Centers insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Learning opportunities available

Zoni has ample room for upward mobility, if you are willing to put in the hard work required to excel in your job. Management is fantastic and very willing to work both your schedule.

Potentially good place to work but you will be overworked.

This place was at first a really good fit for me. But, after I was interviewed and had my first training day I was immediately bombarded with tasks and cornered to take on more hours. I think the administration needs to be more willing to change the curriculum for students to get the most out of it and not just pass students. I also had some bad experiences with other bosses and managers from other branches of the company that we assisted during COVID.

Pros

Holidays, Benefits, Trips

Cons

Curriculum, Shifts, Split Shifts, Upper Management

Dead end job but good as a stepping stone

Work here only if you need a start. Management, if you can call it that, is non-existent. This is a business that started small and was founded by a single person. This person continues to run the business along “small” lines. This is an ESL school where only about 10% of teachers are actually capable of teaching ESL. This is run mainly to give students visas to immigrants who enter the US as tourists.

Pros

Cons

Where do I begin?

Horrible place to work

JUST DONT, horrible place to work, minimum pay hours, very disorganized, one day they tell you something and the other day another thing. Just horrible. The don’t play overtime either.

Terrible minimum wage

No promise of promotion because they don’t want to offer full benefits to employees- it’s like a built-in Scam - you take what they offer you - then STOP - just built in jargon that promises employees NOTHING

Pros

Zoni is less about education than keeping students involved in juvenile activitiies

Cons

No benefits for employees

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

I love teaching the students, but there are many inconsistencies w/ the company

I'll start off by saying that I really enjoy teaching ESL and the students here are very sweet. Many of them work 7 days a week, sometimes over 10 hours a day, so they are at many times tired, especially during the evening classes, but they still show up and are ready to learn. The work environment is mediocre. My co-workers are wonderful, but there is a lot of disorganization and lack of communication between management. There have been several times that my co-workers and I have been told very last minute about class changes, and there is no reliability in regards to when they will switch you out of one class for another. Sometimes you will go in expecting to teach one class, but 10 minutes before it starts, the director will tell you "oh, we had to close that class, you will teach level __ today instead." Talk about lack of professional courtesy! One of the most annoying things about this place is that the company only really cares about money rather than the actual students. You will never get the sense that management cares about the students. The vibe at this workplace is very "corporate," and there isn't a lot of room for creativity. The dress code is gendered and if you are gender-nonconforming, there doesn't seem to be much freedom in what you can wear. Men must wear a tie, slacks, and button-down shirts, which to me is quite outdated and just contributed even further to this very "corporate America" vibe. Anyway, the things that I've mentioned earlier are things that are annoying, but not unbearable. I can deal with a dress code and disorganization, but perhaps -

It's not what you may think

Mostly a business that primarily caters to those who have to be in school to stay in this country. Low paying. Barely competes with NY minimum wage. Probably lower when you consider that no prep time is paid. No matter how good or caring a teacher you are, what counts is customer ( they call them students) retention otherwise you will get fired.

Pros

Some nice people end up working there

Cons

Not what you may think. The pay is very low.

Too many Managers

No Clear purpose, Management wants you to do everything by the book, on paper, but actually do whatever you have to do to keep customers happy, even if it means breaking some rules. Senior staff believes they know more just because they been there longer than a new comer.

Not good

Terrible place to work at; there is NO technology, ugly classrooms, backward methology, chaotic. It lacks good pedagogy, and the students are lazy. The academic coordinator is very authoritarian, and it relies on improvization; NOT a suitable place to study or teach; besides, the facilities are deplorable.

Productive, competitive, and understanding work place

As an sales advisor, you interview prospective students daily. Your job concerns quality of conversations and getting the best and most committed students to enroll. What I love about Zoni is their commitment to the students success. Everyone is involved when a student is not doing well. They are very realistic in setting expectations and very understanding with family responsibilities. Best place I've worked so far.

Pros

Schedule, salary, ownership of business and professionalism

Cons

Nothing so far

Jobs at Zoni Language Centers

See more jobs

Inspiring Environment

It is mainly teamwork. Everyone is passionate and takes responsibilities. This makes working easier and fun. Also, the environment gave me opportunities to work with people from diverse backgrounds, so I learned a lot personally.

Very understanding management team.

I enjoyed assisting students with their English language. Zoni language Center is extremely diverse community which is appealing for students and instructors.

Pros

Many people are open minded and care about students success.

Lots of autonomy regarding teaching experience & collaborative!

Despite working only part time, Zoni is always offering a variety of roles in which both full time and part time faculty can become more involved with the functions of the school. As TOEFL Professor, I have had the chance to promote my TOEFL courses through Open Day, Multicultural Events and covering other faculty member's classes!!! Students are great and other faculty/staff are very friendly!

Pros

My boss was very nice and I was respected by people in the school.

Welcoming Atmosphere, Helpful Coworkers

I've loved working here, the pay is good, the people are good, there's not complain about at my level. Very inspiring to work with the faculty and students at this institution.

Great Place to Work, Busy and Fast-Paced Culture

Wonderful and enriching environment to be in for a young professional looking to enrich themselves and explore new areas of study. Pay is relatively average or above average for the area, with good benefits and social activities to supplement. Sometimes, the fast pace and competitiveness of the institute can make socializing a bit difficult, but overall is a great place with a good culture and support system for all levels of staff.

The work was challenging and the people I worked for and with were great.

They are great group of people who seem to understand balancing work and personal life and making things work. They have a great team that works great together. No looking over your shoulder trust when they give you something to do it will be done.

Pros

challenging work, promotions and recognition

Colleagues are supportive managers are great

Best place in the whole city of New York to work, very creative environment, great staff, faculty, extra programs to become involved with, extra fun days built into the work week

Pros

Entire school

I have found my time at Zoni beneficial for my personal and professional growth

It's a great place to work. Our department was like a family. I felt appreciated, respected, and needed. I miss my group. Working at Zoni you will benefit from being apart of a very unique culture. The environment supports diversity and inclusiveness which gives you the opportunity to interact with a very diverse population of professionals.

Pros

Would highly recommend to anyone interested in this type of environment.

Great Academic environment

A typical day at work can vary from day to day. Many tasks are sent your way. You have the ability to work at your own pace and with great technology and tools. You can learn a lot from the Zoni academic community.

Pros

Learned a lot. This was fun at work. Pay was competitive.

Highly recommended

Zoni is a wonderful environment to work in, for staff and faculty at all levels. The management cares about work life balance and offers extra days off throughout the year as a thank you for the hard work. Everyone is friendly; the team treats each other as family.

When you like where you work it never feels like work.

Zoni is a great place to work, my co-worker are amongst the best in the business and we all just love working at Zoni. Zoni has opportunity to grow and learn other areas where you are not directly involved with.

Pros

Everyone is always willing to help if you need them.

Cons

N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zoni Language Centers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2