ZoomCare Employee Reviews

Innovative workplace with awesome people
Medical Provider (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 4, 2018
People, patient population, direct supervisor/manager, culture, and clinic facilities are great. Was given autonomy from the start. 34 hr work week. Either swamped or slow, be ready for anything! Few advancement opportunities. Possibility of trading shifts.
Pros
Awesome people, 3 days/week off
Cons
Lack of advancement, insufficient PTO.
Great mission with great people!
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 2, 2018
-Amazing work-life balance with lots of flexibility
-Great people! Everyone is passionate about the mission of Zoom and making healthcare more accessible and affordable! So cool to see how much our patients love Zoom
-Lots of opportunity to move around within corporate
-Constant innovation which can be exciting, but you must be comfortable with change to succeed here
Pros
Flexibility, lots of opportunity
Cons
Constant change
Great 1st Healthcare Career Opportunity
Director of Retail Health (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 11, 2017
This company is a wonderful place to launch your healthcare career. The business is dynamic and innovative and while working here you will learn a ton about the American Healthcare system and you will get the opportunity to wear many hats. It's hard work but the people you work with are some of the best professionals I have ever worked alongside. There are many challenges working in a healthcare startup environment and resources are lean. You need to be an unemotional, solution oriented, patient focused, driven professional if you intend to gain any tenure at Zoom. I have loved my time at Zoom despite all of the ups and downs.
awful
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 4, 2017
This company= does not care about its employees and they care even less for the patients. They look at all patients with dollar signs and their goal is to limit care during visit so can make come back as many times as possible to increase their income.

You can not follow up on your patients.
Your patients can not contact you-- unless they schedule an appointment to see you.

This company used to be about the patient and health care access-- it is not only about the income- which is why they call themselves retail specialist- they do not specialize in healthcare anymore.

it is awful to work here
Constant Change and Bad Communication
Clinic Associate (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 30, 2017
This is a very stressful place to work. The job is quite demanding and I find that there is little support. The company often makes drastic company-wide changes that give you whiplash. Feedback is asked for but rarely acted upon in a meaningful manner.
Pros
Amazing coworkers
I went through three days of "onboarding" for Zoom associates and quit.
Zoom associatev (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 24, 2017
I was going to be a Zoom Associate before PA school, but three days into job training I knew it wasn't going to be a good fit.

Responsibilities:
They want their ZA's to manage their clinics, do inventory, phlebotomy, flu & BV tests, check patients in and out, make sure their insurance has been updated, and keep the clinics clean. All while chatting non-stop using an app called HipChat to communicate with providers & several other departments which each have separate "chat rooms."

Pay: All this responsibility for $14. They promise $17 the second year (if you last that long). 10-12 hour training and work shifts. One perk is their comprehensive health insurance, but full time employees shouldn't be without for that kind of thing in the first place.

Red flags: Your peers (Zoom associates) train you to do phlebotomy for patients in a dingy old apartment building above the SE Hawthorne clinic. They limit visits to 15 minutes no matter the physical complaint (unless it is a speciality service). Providers are forced to interface with their computers for a majority of the patient visit because the company prides themselves on being modern and technologically up to date. At what cost?

Culture: Our onboarding trainer spent quite a bit of time talking (or gloating) about how she got her upper management position by doing such a great job as a Zoom Associate. The culture breeds brown nosing: it offers meretricious opportunities for job growth.

Qualms: I was charged for a Hep B titer by a laboratory months after leaving. This was something that was mandatory in order
  more... to work there. They overwork and underpay the emoloyees who are the first to see patients in clinic, where patient experience really matters. They hired me explicitly for the SE Division clinic and then told me I would have to float to all of their clinics for three months until the new clinic was built. Even though, when asked during my interview, I told them inmy preference was NOT to "float" (drive to all of their clinics).

This is a job for someone right out of their undergraduate degree with retail or customer service experience (or for someone who doesn't expect much for their employer).
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Poor compensation, corporate culture
Not employee friendly
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 21, 2017
I think Zoomcare medical facilities are fantastic and they have decent benefits, but that is about as good as it gets. I don't think they are truly a friendly establishment to work for. Their medical insurance is through them so you have to use their Zoomcare, my department which is customer service would see everyone's medical records/pharmacy requests, in other words I knew my coworkers medical issues and they new mine. The floor staff was not friendly, they were harassing. You truly get a sense that you can be replaced at any time.
Growing Company
Contract and Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 4, 2017
This company was a interesting place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to grow the business.
Run away!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORDecember 29, 2016
Always changing major business strategies. Shoot now, aim later mentality. Employees not appreciated at all and always excused by CEO claiming to "change healthcare". Retail healthcare mentality with leaders who have plenty of experience in selling makeup but no experience in actual healthcare.
Pros
Generous salaries for new employees
Cons
Offers of equity with no real value, horrible CEO and executive team.
Run as fast as you can
Manager (Former Employee) –  ALLDecember 27, 2016
They talk Culture but they do not live what they talk. The Management Screams at people and does not know how to have an adult conversation when they are not Micro-Managing the heck out of you. The demands of LONG hours with out reward or help are great. Do yourself a favor and just don't do it!!!!!!!! They change the Benefits constantly giving and taking away and play favorites on who gets what.
Pros
Cons
Just run
Great for training!
Guru (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 29, 2016
Working here has made me feel insignificant. They expect you to treat the customers like gold but you get treated like dirt. The break room is in the work area so you never feel like you are away from the watchful eye of management. The criticism is unrelenting! If you not being criticized by management your co-workers are micromanaging you. If you want a day off YOU have to find someone to take your shift or you don't get it off.
If you want a training experience this is the place for you, get in, get trained and get out.
The benefits stink: No paid holidays, low pay, prescriptions have high copay or they are not covered at all, no life insurance.
This is not the place where you want your career to be.
Pros
customers are nice
Cons
low pay, benefits, management, work environment.
Best job in my entire career
Mgr (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 4, 2016
I have been at Zoom for almost 2 years. I have to say it is the best thing I have ever done. I cannot express how rewarding it is to serve patients with no wait, in and out in 15 minutes and send them home with meds. I feel so proud to be a part of this team. Yes, management is intense, fast paced and sometimes frustrating. BUT, it makes you better at whatever you do. If you want to challenge yourself to do something special, Zoom might be for you.
Pros
Great place to learn and grow
Cons
The pace is very fast
It's a start-up with start-up potential and pain
ZOOM+ Provider (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 1, 2016
It's a give and take and my experience was mostly take. Patient care and ZOOMisms are shouted from the mountain top, but don't be fooled by the romantic message. At the end of the day you better be willing to drive business metrics or be seen as a "C player". Local management is solid and supportive. It's the upper levels that will ultimately doom this organization. Pay and benefits are laughable, but maybe they are on it now after the mass exodus experience earlier in the year.
Pros
Good supportive local management
Cons
Too much growth too fast leading to pains that are never going to go away
Fantastic employees, poor management
Help Team Associate/ Guru (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORFebruary 2, 2016
Fantastic employees, poor management. The expectations, for work flow, are entirely unrealistic. Compensation is NOT comparable to similar positions at other companies. The redeeming factor of the company are the amazing people who work there. Zoom is a fantastic training opportunity for OTHER companies. Get in, learn as much as you can, and get out.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Poor management and compensation
Good Stepping Stone
Phlebotomist and Associate (Current Employee) –  ZoomCareMay 4, 2015
This is a great company to start your professional career. The position is very independent, the company is ambitious and forward thinking, and there is always room to grow.
Pros
working 3.5days a week, co-workers are great!
Awesome experince
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 20, 2015
I had an opportunity to work on problems that affected the bottom line and patient safety. Colleagues were very supportive.

Enjoyable part- learning and company parties.
Pros
Fun events, beautiful office
Cons
less transparent
Great health care experience for a recent graduate
Clinic Associate (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 8, 2015
Assists providers with procedures, manages inventory and runs all in-house rapid tests. Perform blood draws and explain what to expect at ZoomCare to patients.
Enjoyed my time here
BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OR (HQ)December 4, 2013
I don't have much to say about ZoomCare all I know is that it got a lot worst once I left.
My time there was brief, but I enjoyed my co-workers and my job duties. Was given something new to do and learn which I really enjoyed.
Management is awful here. There is no communication with anyone. My department did have a weekly meeting which I really liked. It got everyone on the same page and really boosted the moral.
The office is SUPER tiny and everyone was crammed together you could barely back your chair out with being in someones area. And it was SUPER quiet nobody talked ever. So when you were on the phone it felt like the whole office was listening to everything you said. Made me super uncomfortable especially when your trying to learn.
Pros
decent pay, easy location, good hours
Cons
short breaks, no communication, micro managed
Great place to work!
HQ Staff (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 1, 2013
Pros – Being a woman, I have had nothing but support from the owners and encouragement to succeed in my career there. Over 95% of the management is women!

It is a great place to work. Management encourages communication, are open to ideas, and help foster a healthy environment for personal and professional development. The mission and vision of the company IS the future of healthcare and it is fantastic to see that they are moving to make a change in the system.

Benefits and compensation are great. If you put in some effort and succeed at your work, it will be recognized and you will be rewarded here.
Cons – I can not think of one thing to list here. Be prepared to go through an extensive interview process as they only select employees that provide value to the organization and the future of healthcare!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZoomCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.5

1.5Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight