Zounds Hearing Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
No Thank You.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  USAOctober 21, 2015
ZERO job advancement. ZERO job security. If you are a woman, who is not a licensed hearing specialist you get less than ZERO benefits and really poor compensation. Upper "management" is ridiculous, clueless and sexist. No such thing as "open door policy". They do Not care about you, (or the clients) they only care about the money coming in. Sad sad company.
Pros
Great clients, opportunity to really help clients and change peoples lives. Good hours.
Cons
They don't care about their workers, they don't care about their clients, they only care about money, Women especially are underpaid and under appreciated, Company in general is very sexist, left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, too many chiefs and not enough indians (so they say)
Love my position here
Customer service and sales (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 4, 2015
Exciting, helping other, informative, educational,
The best boss in the world
co-workers are the most generous people I have ever worked with
Hardest part is not being able to help everyone and please them
Pros
Helping others to hear clearer
Cons
Can't please everyone
stay away
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 29, 2014
no training, dealing with corp was a nightmare. only good thing was co-workers, and NOT the hearing aid specialists
Very nice company to work for with lots of room for advancement.
Patient care coordinator executive trainer (Current Employee) –  port Charlotte FloridaApril 26, 2014
I moved from Ohio to Florida within the last six months and was given a opportunity to work here which I still am and have been promoted in my first three months of employment.The owners are truly wonderful people to work for,i can't say enough good things about them.
Pros
genuinely nice co workers, very nice patients room for advancement.
Cons
absolutely none
Great place with very good bosses.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2014
Open facility. Turn on lights, TV, recorder and coffee maker. Open corporate email and Task Manager. Check phone for any messages. Inform HIS of any daily appointments.
Greet new clients, have them sign in and have them complete their paperwork. Insert personal info into the data base. Direct client to Video room and have them watch a short film about our products. Turn client over to the HIS. If purchase is made, I handle the transaction. After the transaction, I set up follow-up appointment with client.
Take calls throughout the day. Set appointments for returning customers and new clients, when appropriate.
Call to remind customers of the next day's appointments. Complete an End of Day Report for corporate.
Close facility by turning off lights, TV, Recorder, and coffee pot. Lock doors.
I have two bosses, who are extremely easy to work for each day. They are pleased when you do your job, which is really all they ask of you.
My co-worker is our specialist. He is knowledgeable, compassionate, caring, and an all-around good guy. He is a pleasure to work with each day.
Hardest part of the job is waiting on customers to come in.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the customers. They are so wonderful to work with and to visit with each time they come into the store.
I have learned patience. Some days seem very slow, which I dislike. However, the overall experience is that we are helping others.
Pros
Nice customers and a great working companion.
Cons
Distance from home, with terrible traffic on the Katy Freeway.
fun and quiet
Customer Service representative/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJanuary 27, 2014
customers were wonderful. Manager was very understandable