ZS Associates Employee Reviews

2.Management very much focused around individual growth
3.People are great asset
4. Sharp, smart and hardworking people
5. Very amiable environment
Pros
High learning and career growth
Cons
Work life balance very bad
Excellent niche consulting organization
Principal (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 7, 2018
Been at ZS now for eight years and voukdng have made a better jump to gain the kind of knowledge she experience I have today. Although the hours can be stressful, they truly look after employees and value them.
The work culture and people are some of the best in the industry and salaries too.
Pros
Work culture
Cons
Work life balance
Stressful environment
Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILApril 4, 2018
Interesting work but can be stressful without much appreciation for the efforts.

Almost all work is healthcare in areas where ZS has already operated; managers are afraid to try new approaches to similar problems and are afraid to push back on clients, often resulting in mismanaged projects
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Poor management
High level problem solving
Decision Analytics Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 18, 2018
Typical day involves reviewing work done by offshore team.

Developing a framework to solve a problem if at the start of a project.

Deck-building.

Researching on-going trends in the healthcare spaces
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Finance
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILMarch 16, 2018
Growing department. Pros: job security, community events, benefits, salary, nice people Cons: needs more standard basic processes, systems for efficiency. Personally, I find corporate finance mundane.
Leader in Life Science Strategy Consulting
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 25, 2018
Phenomenal self-awareness, culture, and corporate vision
Rapidly growing consultancy striving to grow fast enough to keep up with client demand as it progresses from a leader in commercial excellence (strategy/operations/technology) to a leader in commercial strategy
Strong focus on company culture, employment engagement, and professional development
Long hours balanced by minimal travel requirements
Pros
Weekly office events, flexibility to work from home, high growth, positive and inclusive culture
Hard working
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILJanuary 17, 2018
At ZS you must be willing to work hard, very hard. Administrative assistants have quite a few people they support. In some instances, they might have up to 17 people at one time to support. Some admins have complained about being spread too thin. However, the company is very aware of how difficult it can be, and the culture is very collaborative.

You learn to manage time more effectively as you are extremely busy all the time. Prioritization is also extremely important, and working at ZS has made my prioritization skills that much more honed.
Pros
Benefits, people at work
Cons
30 minutes for lunch, extremely stressful, too many supports for 1 person
Great Culture, long hours
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILJanuary 12, 2018
A great place to work for someone right out of college. There is a community feel and it is easy to make friends with your colleagues. On the downside, you are at the whim of the client, and if this entails working nights and weekends, so be it. Some weeks can be very stressful, while others very light.
Pros
Culture, Benefits, Learning Experience
Cons
Long Hours, Demanding Clients, Learning Curve
Place where you learn a lot!
Decision Analytics Associate (Former Employee) –  INJanuary 12, 2018
People believe and work for expertise. Nothing less than a 100% is accepted. Great place to work, learn & enjoy. You will receive help from all directions, great work culture.
Pros
Work Culture
Great Training With Good Advancement Opportunities
System Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 14, 2017
One of the strengths of ZS Associates is their intense training. You start with a 2 week program for all new associates, and then they have training seminars for a variety of topics, on a regular basis. All associates are able to use this knowledge to advance to the highest desired level of their ability. The training program is very instrumental in bringing you up to speed on all of their different product offerings.
Incredible Company
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILDecember 4, 2017
I had the pleasure of working at ZS for over 2 years and I have absolutely nothing bad to say about them! The management team gives you the tools to really be your own boss and succeed.
Pros
Culture, learning growth, flexibility
Cons
Poor management and perpetuation of the same
Project Coordinator and Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CANovember 7, 2017
Worst management team I've ever encountered. They fire good talent and keep lousy communicators and micro managers. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.
A hectic but fruitful experience
Business Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  DelhiOctober 17, 2017
ZS was a lot of fun, but it used to get pretty hectic. There were many days when we had to stay back for 15-16 hours. Overall, there is a lot to learn from and the people around you are very helpful. It was a great experience for me.
Good start for fresh undergraduates
Business Intelligence Associate Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 1, 2017
ZS gives you lots of responsibilities in a very less time, so you will have enormous opportunities to learn, grow and excel.
For the very same reason, it is hard to sustain for more than a few years because of the imbalanced work-life.
As per my observations, Business technology and business operations track are heavy on losing work life balance owing to the early morning client meetings and late night off-shore calls. Business Consulting teams have a slightly better work-life in comparison.

Apart from this one small problem, ZS is a great place. It offer great compensation, have lots of fun activities and has a great culture. Politics is rarely found within ZS, which makes it a good place to work.
Productive and fun working place
Senior solution analyst (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 20, 2017
throughout my career in ZS, i got to work with smart people. The work-life is a little hard to maintain but overall the learning curve is quite steep. I was entrusted with a lot of responsibilities very early in my career which did help me grew a lot.
Pros
lot of parties, good learning curve
Cons
work-life a little hard to maintain
It's Okay
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 15, 2017
There is an extreme lack of cultural diversity that also includes age. This is a great atmosphere if you are between the ages of 21 and 30. Generally, most people were nice. A few of the admins that have been there for a while were quite "clickish".
Pros
Snacks, beverages and food.
Cons
Not your typical 9-5 day.
Great team work environment
Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMay 21, 2017
I had been a temp here for four months and have learned much and also easily adapted to the companies friendly and hardworking culture. The IT Manager I worked with was very helpful and to get me up and running asap. I also enjoyed the work I did and the fast pace of it, because the time flew by.
Great learning experience
Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  INMay 17, 2017
Supportive management
Advanced technical learning opportunities
Great workplace culture
Lucrative salary
Amazing non financial benefits like Cab facilities, free lunches etc.
One of the best work experiences I've had in my career
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILApril 3, 2017
The work culture at ZS is excellent and I felt like part of a team. Those I supported respected my time and efforts. Everyone I came in contact with was open and friendly. The company as a whole cares for its employees and wants you to succeed. I'm relocating and wish there was a ZS office I could transfer to.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No flexibility to work from home
Good place to grow but poor work life balance
Senior Solutions Analyst (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 26, 2017
Management doesnt plan well

Doesnt use a lot of industry wide good analytics tools

Highly focused on Pharmaceutical Operations

Good people and good culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZS Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight