Zulily
Happiness rating is 57 out of 100

Zulily Employee Reviews

Zulily insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Good option for warehouse

Zulily has a great company culture and makes an effort to make the workplace welcoming, inclusive, and healthy. however, there are not many shift options and the pay is just okay.

Stowing

There was never any room to put anything on the shelves and management wanted you to keep up your rate. Pay was okay, would not recommend to anyone.

Sinking ship, poor technology, lost leadership

ZULILY is a dying business model with chaotic leadership and horrible investment in software (shocking for a tech company). They have zero support for training and are hiring contractors (only) to save money, while at the same, time raising costs to do business ***which is killing their business***. I will be surprised if they haven't sold or gone under within the next few years. I worked on the biz dev team and it wasn't a sales job - just a checklist with a ridiculous amount of procedures in place to onboard new vendors. If you want a really easy + boring job that is confusing to both you and the customers than Zulily is the place for you!!!! ***Sinking ship, poor technology, lost leadership***

Pros

work from home

Cons

too many to list

Avoid.

Just like Amazon. Avoid. Horrible place to work. All they care about are production numbers. No air conditioning. Smoky conditions in the summer made me physically sick. Get sent home early almost every day after Christmas until February. Have to use your paid time off to make 40 hour work week, leading to no vacation time with family. I wouldn’t work here again if it were the last place on earth. Terrible.

Pros

Cons

Everything.

Productive and good place to work.

Very good place to work good As long as you do your job no one will bother you I love working there I was recently let go because I had I was on I missed many days because of Covid but they told me I could go back within six months I’m definitely going back

Pros

Earn PTO

Cons

When it’s mandatory it’s ongoing feels like it never ends

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Horrible place to work at

Zulily is horrible to work for. The hierarchy and cliques that get formed here is exactly like high school. It’s a playground. They have no sense of compassion towards the associates and then they just suck the life out of you

Pros

Pay

Avoid

Never work here. Such a toxic environment! The upper management will lie, cheat and do everything they can do force you out. They are an embarrassment of a company

Bad pay and work life balance

They pay is horrible, management doesn’t communicate and they have no respect for your personal time. The company cares only about profit and not about their employees.

Sometimes fun

They would change things in the bling of and eye and not give you the room you need to adjust to the change also there policies was good and not enough pay for job

it's cool

It is okay I've been working there for 3 years. They go through allot of management and it makes me discouraged to want to go up in the company. And new people are making almost the same amount as me. No Bueno

Pros

Chill environment

Cons

short breaks. Coolimg systems in summer

Jobs at Zulily

See more jobs

Flexible company

My experience began in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic and was entirely work from home to the extent that the one time I set foot on company property was to return the laptop they gave me.

Pros

Flexible work culture, Supportive team members, Work culture handled the switch to work from home easily

Cons

- You will not hear anything from anyone more than a level above you as an entry level employee, They do not convert contractors to full time employees when promised, instead extending the contract month by month

Repugnant management

A typical day runs 10 hours(plus an additional 30 minutes for the unpaid mandatory lunch). Any role outside of leadership/management or ICQA is either monotonous or physically exhausting for the amount of time you work per day. The managers are typical of most warehouses: stay in one place and stare at their computer to pretend like they're analyzing data for more than the 10 seconds it should take when you know what you're looking at and for. The leads and managers like to play favorites. Some people have to make rate all day or get an earful, others get assigned to support roles where rate is not tracked and can just lay-about in the cafeteria outside of the break times they already receive. Culture is mere workplace resentment. The hardest thing to deal with is the lack of energy and time outside of work hours when you have a shift the next day. No real time to do much more than eat, clean, sleep, and get ready for the next shift. The best things about the job are the pay, the various available means of time off, and the two paid breaks and unpaid lunch that break up the tedium.

Pros

Breaks, time off, pay

Cons

Aggressively demoralizing atmosphere, blatant contradictions/hypocrisy

Big turn over

Big turn over managers change departments to much not enough training for new hires short breaks as it's a 4 mim walk to break room favoritism towards certain employees

Cons

Breaks

Selfish and full of favoritism

I worked there for 2 years with no advancement because it was handed to the favorites even though I was one of the best in outbound. Nobody cared a d the. I got framed for something the manager did and got fired with no unemployment.

Pros

Cons

Everything in management and lots of favoritism

okay place to work if...

okay place to work if you want to have no life outside of work and be absolutely drained most days and be forced to work 60 hr weeks with one day off

It’s a fun place to work. Meet new people all the time. The job is not hard. You will get training on everything.

At first, I was very scared, I never worked at a Warehouse prior to this. Didn’t know what to expect. I got the right training. A lot of opportunities to do different things. This job taught me a lot of things. I became more outspoken. I became social, and intrigued to do new things through the years. There’s a lot of opportunities for everyone. That company helped me a lot, HR has a great team to help you. Management is always there if you need anything, either work related or if your dealing with something personal, they will give you the help you need. Never limit yourself. Lead positions are always available. You can go from a team member to a Lead and possibly a Manager. There’s a shot for everyone. Just make sure to always be productive and respectful to others. It goes a long way.

Pros

You get two 15 minutes breaks and a 30 minute lunch.

No work/life balance

The money is ok. Work is the same as almost any warehouse job: breakneck speed to keep up rates.Too much "scheduled" overtime. If you need the money... Go for it, I guess.

Pros

They try to placate people with free food sometimes

Cons

Ot. Ot. Ot.

Just keep looking for a different job! You don’t want this, I promise!

NO! The pay is not competitive. They have been working everyone 60/hr weeks since June 2020. People RUN around doing their job so fast because they are scared to get into trouble by being time off task or they might not hit rate. Because of COVID-19, everyone has used up more or all their time and if you are late by minutes, you’re on a final and anything else after that you’re fired. Two 10-minute breaks in a 10hr shift and the managers stand and watch you and time you. One minute back from break they write you up, Even if your locker would not open or bathroom emergency. They hire and promote INCREDIBLY young, inexperienced people for management positions. People with years of experience have absolutely no chance of advancement. You can never get ahold of HR, weather its email phone or face to face (they are never at the building). They work from home due to COVID-19, yet all of us work together. Do not waste your time. They do not care about you. I worked there two years and I had time to take off they just did not approve it. Fired.

Pros

Benefits - If I have to choose something

Cons

Short breaks, not paid enough, way too much overtime, they fire people for small things but don’t fire people for way bigger issues.

Ok.. not great

It's a warehouse. The pay is good, but the benefits are subpar. The management mainly cares about productivity, and unfortunately, a lot of people cherry-pick which drives up the numbers. That said, the expectations were manageable most of the time when I worked there. The biggest positive was that they regularly adjusted wages and gave raises. Work/life balance isn't great, but you don't really find that in this kind of work. We often referred to it as a "revolving door" because people were regularly written up or fired for productivity, and sometimes it was because they were assigned to areas that made it impossible to meet numbers. Overall, it paid the bills better than most. I probably would have stayed a bit longer if I wasn't trying to get out of warehouse work.

Pros

Pay, raises, overtime around the holidays

Cons

High turnover, constantly training new hires

Very rude managers.

Very rude managers. Customers can be even worse. When you call "Tier 2" in regards to something you're on hold for 20 minutes. It's just a disaster. The company has had many instances where customers don't receive packages.

Cons

Good place to start as a manager

Good environment and pay. Still in their growth phase and have issues with maintaining clear direction. Any kind of changes take place at a snail’s pace. Absolutely the most supportive and kind people in senior leadership. After working in a toxic corporate environment this place was like a vacation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zulily. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight