Zurich Insurance

United States766 reviews

Found 766 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,420 reviews
claimschaumburgunderwriterunderwriteadjusterinsuranceoutsourcenorth

Lack of development

Very flexible WFH policy, but few development opportunities and high caseload are significant drawbacks.

good job

It's a good job. Good benefits. 401(k) match. You need to have degrees for advancement and not that easy to come by. There is stability and once you are hired, you will never leave.

Zurich Insurance insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Energizing work tasks

bureaucracy

Decent benefits but very political environment. Bonuses usually are paid, depending on how the wind blows. Managers are just looking to please upper management.

Poor management and antiquated software systems

Zurich (Addison office) hired a LOT of auto claims adjusters with very little Commercial Claims experience. That’s fine!! You have to start somewhere. However, they failed to properly train the new hires on the intricacies and complexities of commercial policies and claims handling. Upper management takes no accountability for their poor leadership and choose to make the adjusters the fall guy for why clients are leaving them to got to other carriers. The software systems are antiquated and inefficient. The timesheet system is so confusing that adjusters were not properly compensated for the long hours they worked. The health plan is expensive. They only offer high deductible policies. They do have FSA, but not as great as other large insurance carriers. Zurich (Addison Office) has the potential to be great. However, in order to accomplish that, they need to get rid of the current leadership.

Pros

Great PTO initially

Cons

Management, training, and healthcare

Professional well managed project experience

Professional well run company with talented group from managers, fellow colleages, business customers to systems control people. Well run systems process with latest software enabling commuication and work tracking.

Pros

Could work remotely.

Cons

No complaints.

Launch pad

Great place to launch a career in corporate insurance. The trainee program is top-class and gives a solid foundation to learn and succeed in the industry.

What is the best part of working at the company?Structure. DE&I. Focus on employee growth. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Scattered incompetence in leadership What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Open. Encouraging. Inclusive. Collaborative. What is a typical day like for you at the company?9-5:00. Very flexible

Great Company to Work For

I don’t have very much negative to say about Zurich. I have learned so much during my time with Zurich. The pay however could be better in my opinion. Also, the work load is overwhelming in my department however I understand they are trying to work on that. Lastly I think the training could be better in my claims department. However overall I would recommend Zurich to friends and family.

Great Benefits

Good place to work. Good benefits. They send gifts quite often to employers as thank you gifts. Takes a while to learn about crop insurance. Good training. Moving up is hard because everybody keeps their jobs it seems.

I really like working here. Good pay, good people and culture, and I learn a lot at this company. Everyone is very supportive and willing to help each other.

There are pro’s, there are con’s. Choose wisely

Started at this company when we still had an actual office in which we worked from. The office was located in Colorado Springs and the in-office environment was great. We had a Call Center Director that cared about the employees and gave us the opportunity to express our concerns and frustrations. He would later, reach out and address the concerns with solutions. A lot of this changed a year after I started, and he retired. A new Director was promoted, and then the spaces beneath were filled with external hires. Things continued to move in the downward direction after this point. Processes were aggressively changed affecting our work processes which were ultimately changed back three to six months later. Since March of 2020, we were sent to work from home due to Covid. I honestly believe working from home was their original plan; any intelligent person would’ve been able to recognize this, Covid just accelerated the deadline. Some people like working from home; I am not one of them. I prefer the ability to separate work and personal life, but I do not get paid enough to afford that luxury in my own home. They are now saving money on rent, facilities management, server management since our servers were on site, internet costs, and utilities since these responsibilities have been given to the employees with no compensation. One-third of your bills, utilities, rent, phone bill, and internet go to doing this job, yet they will not compensate in any manner whatsoever. The job is simple, menial and repetitive so if you enjoy mindless work, you may enjoy this job. Advancement is nearly -

Good work environment, but can get stressful at times with workload

Good benefits and the company culture is nice but can get heavy with the workload at times. Pay is average. Good management in place that encourages people to try out different roles within the company.

Repetitive work and questionable management practices

It's a stable job with decent pay, but as an Underwriting Assistant, a lot of the Underwriter's responsibilities will fall on you. Unless you have a kind Underwriter, then it's a thankless job. If you have an issue with your manager, the training will say you can go to HR for support, but this happened and not only was HR slow to respond, but they claimed that it is up to the manager and employee to work things out and that there is no official escalation process for performance-based deficiencies. It's certainly doable, but I find my resolve dwindling by the day. Turnover is on high because the benefits do not outweigh the unorganized nature of training and the fact you will be expected to sink or swim. It is CYOA environment and I just don't feel like being at war at work.

Horrible company

Very poor management and Human Resources will not help. Nice building with well dressed professional bullies working inside. Don’t apply you’ll hate your life working here.

Overall great company!

Zurich is an overall great place to work, with a really good work culture and people. The only pain point is how long it takes progress professionally internally.

Pros

Good/supportive people and work environment

Cons

Professional Growth

What is the best part of working at the company?The ability to work from where ever you need to as long as it meets company requirementsWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?when on the phone, dealing with claimants. But always meeting the required amount of claims processedWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?there is hardly any of you are working remote. There are monthly meetings with your team, but it’s not the same as when we were in office. It used to be easier to socialize

Great company

Overall, I can say that Zurich was a great starting point for me after graduating college. They have an extensive training program to proper for the insurance world, I've worked with some great people, and it's allows you to be more than a data entry's person.

Horrible Upper Mgmt

I have been in the legal field for over 25 years and my experience includes long term employment of 15 years, as well as short term, like Zurich, where I left after 2 years because it was literally the worst place I ever worked.

Managment

H.R. is weak when it comes to enforcing their own compliance rules!!!! Management is horrible with recognizing their hard working direct reports! Title happy people with no people skills!No respect for the people that make it happen!

I loved working with those who worked at Zurich both co-workers and management. Employees are encouraged to improve their skills and their abilities.

Zurich is a great company to work for. The management cares about those that work for them. Management encouraged the employees to better theirself. The company has profits sharing and good insurance for their employees. They pay for the employees to continue theirbusiness education.

Pros

The employee are encouraged to advance their business skills.

Cons

No cons

Always changing processes, goals set high, good vacation benefits

Constantly changing in processes and procedures, goals are attainable for few, health benefits have several options for levels of coverage and different providers, work at home is encouraged but equipment such as monitors is not provided to perform the job duties

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zurich Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Zurich Insurance with

Zurich Insurance reviews by popular job title

• Zurich Insurance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?