Zurich North America
61Average

Zurich North America Employee Reviews

United States651 reviews
My manager was a toxic person who essentially threw me under the bus repeatedly. She eventually fired me and left the company a few months after but she was the worst. Played favorites and contributed to a toxic culture. She wore cheap low cut dresses and was very unprofessional. Would not recommend working here as politics and favoritism can stultify career advancement as well as growth.
Work-life balance
Work-life balance at Zurich North America is great because of well balance of full time and contracts. I worked in IT team where managers are very seniors and always give time for a contract too.
It was a decent place to work with good benefits and 401k. The direction of the management was not clear. I liked my boss and team. You can move within.
Too short term employee turnover with management having no idea why. Uncomfortable work environment without recognition for positive performance. Just identification of what was not done.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Worked as a data entry clerk temp for almost 2 years.People were very nice
Was invited to there holiday bowling parties even after I was no longer a temp. Even was interviewed a few years later. But didn't get position. Great place to work.
Nice place to work. People are nice and management was invested in my growth and happiness. Benefits could have been a little bit better. PTO was standard. Room for growth and career advancement.
Good company. Good benefits and time off. Summer hours. Nice building to work in. Lots of support. Nice employees. Great location. Good company to work for.
Call center inbound environment. Worked there a very short time not up to date with technology. Requires you to do extra work (management work) on your work time - no extra time allotted.
Very behind in times and technology and not really seeing them looking to the future.
Awesome management team.
Claim Manager and Team Leader the absolute best who provide the flexibility, guidance and most importantly the autonomy required to succeed.
The company states they are customer driven however you have to meet a level of production/quantity within their time frame or you have repercussions to deal with. These demands make for a very stressful environment.
Zurich is that place where 55k employees across 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. Zurich is a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that it does every day and has the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
They do not hire anymore. Currently a hiring freeze. They will bring you in as a contract that is made to feel like an outsider. Contractors will see a constant revolving door and be treated very poorly. Management is a joke. They have people managing staff and people when they themselves do not even know how to perform the work themselves. Management is strictly CYA and will blame everyone else for they mistakes
The work itself was not the most difficult part of the working day-- the office politics and riding the tidal shifts of upper management was far more strenuous.

A culture of appeasement and Sisyphean number-crunching has become the way that management exercises their will on those beneath them. The UA-UW "team" that is so integral to successful and exceptional service has been forgotten here--it has always been a numbers game at Zurich, no matter how they try to advertise their workplace values and exceptional employee engagement. Particularly at this office, it is nearly impossible to find truly passionate and collaborative teams-- there is simply a thin veneer of camaraderie, undercut by the self-interest of all parties.

UW Support Management by and large seeks to eliminate problems rather than resolve them, which creates a culture of fear rather than trust. The lack of response to suggestions and workflow simplification in the lower levels still shocks me and shows how expendable the UA role has become to Zurich.

At ZNA UWs will always, and without fail, have their contributions far out-prioritize a UA's work-- weather or not the UA has been instrumental in providing a solution to an account or generates the numbers expected of them. Zurich's systems and recent changes to SOP have only exacerbated this issue, and further isolated rating and support from UW to the point that automation of the former two seems like ZNA's next logical step.

Be prepared to have to fight in both directions to secure the perception of competency among peers.

Compensation was good
 - more...
Pros
Free Lunches, Compensation
Cons
Culture, Management, Sop
Overall a good company to work for with strong benefits. But they focus heavily on younger employees, which is all well and good, but, I believe they don't have the same focus, or respect, for the the more tenured employee.
I was privileged to work with a group of passionate, smart people. They were great collaborators sharing ideas willingly. It was a fun and challenging place to work.
I do not work here, so I do not have any thing to add about this company. I'm not even sure if they still have an office in Las Vegas. When I did work for them some years ago, it was good
Zurich has great flexibility and growth opportunity depending on the unit you work in. Unfortunately, I am in one of the units where I am underpaid but told I am a high performer which leads to mixed messaging.
They focus a lot of the workplace culture. They want you to have a balance work and home life.

Depending on which department you work in you have the chance to flex work. Which means being able to work from home or in another remote location that is not always your desk.
Cons
Healthcare is expensive
I enjoyed working here, however I had to look else where because they were out sourcing many jobs to India. Friendly people, nice environment, always food around from vendors and whatnot.
Need more flexibility in worm hours.management is more interested in making the most value from every penny they pay you. Work life balance is a joke in this company
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad work life balance
A lot of smart people. A lot of expertise ugh regard to underwriting and claims. However, a difficult work environment with constant reorganizing and layoffs