ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Canada Ltd. Employee Reviews

Sales Managers typical day at Zwilling JA Henckels
Western Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYOctober 9, 2018
First thing in the morning: Check messages both on email and phone and prioritize on most important to respond to first. Most messages are responded to in less than an hour, but never over a day.

Contact my regional reps: Discuss opportunities for sales, and review best options to pursue. Give them advice on pricing, and set up appointments where i will assist in closing the sale.

Cold calling and follow up: Spend time contacting prospective large accounts and reach out to set up appointments. Referrals come from many sources including internet, business friends and collegues. Sometimes I simply make cold calls on businesses during my travels, shake hands, leave information that ultimately results in a follow up meeting.

Presentations: I always come prepared with literature and samples. Most meeting are exploratory to learn the needs of potentional accounts. We develope a relationship and engage. our objective is to build trust and transparentcy. Success in sales is centered around our ability to engage and develope the kind of relationship that doing business together becomes fun.

Management: I am blessed to have had some of the most knowledgeable and trained managers as mentors. To quote my current VP's inspiration of the day: "Why do you think they make windshields larger than rear view mirrors?" This was in response to some frustrations I was having, and of course it put a smile on my face to look for solutions for the future then dwell on the past.

Workplace culture: The most inportant part of my job as a manager, is inspiring others to be the best. I have
  more... always beleived that simple things like a written thank you acknowledging someone's contribution has amazing results. You can change the total envirornment by acknowleding everyone around you with a smile and thank you. I often hand out starbucks cards to those who have done an outstanding job. All this creates job satisfaction and loyalty.

Hardest part of the job: Knowing when to turn it off! When you work out of a home office, your work can easily become 24/7. I have spoken to many of my reps how they deal with it, and most tell me it is easier to take calls even on vacation, simply to resolve challenges quickly, rather than have them build up over a week. I love my job, but have learned to temper it with meditation, and swimming a few times a week.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Changing a negative into a positive. There are always a crisis and drama in every job, but accepting it and taking responsiblity when something goes wrong, is the easiest way to turn a negative into a positive. There is a huge sense of satisfaction when a client ends up thanking me for handling something that would have upset the applecart had I not stepped in and found a solution.
Pros
I genuinely love the people i work with.
Cons
The 75% travel
Retail Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2018
ZW is a great place to work with excellent products. I would highly recommend this job to a person who has an interest in cooking. Great management team who invites their employees feedback.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Work, Life, Balance
Poor pay
Warehouse - Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYJuly 5, 2018
Not interested after working there over 8 months, there were no signs of getting hired even though I was a Team Leader under 3 months with no pay difference from when I started working as a regular worker.
Pros
Poor pay
Cons
Clueless
Friendly Environment
File Clerk/Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85016June 9, 2018
Friendly environment, friendly staff and friendly partners. Fast pace environment. Great benefits and 401k, competitive pay rates and insurance. Good place overall.
Productive and interesting place to work
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Merrimack, NHApril 4, 2018
alot of product knowledge with alot of products. I am there in a part time position. The store manager is awesome and the other associates are great. The entire staff is easy to get along with and willing to help you learn. The hardest part of the job is getting to understand all the products and how they differ from one brand to the next. The most enjoyable part of the job is the associates and the manager and also the customers
Pros
I learned alot about kitchen knives and cookware
Cons
It took a long time to learn all the product knowledge
Diverse areas of law are handled in this firm
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 21, 2017
This firm handles both plaintiff and defense cases, some being very high profile. The attorneys are approachable. There is free coffee, which is important to a busy paralegal. The staff is friendly and approachable as well.
Top Retail Vendor
Pacific Northwest Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYMarch 30, 2017
Selling the highest quality products to the best customers in the country. The culture is vibrant and everyone that works for the company are foodies and love what they do.
good stable company
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYAugust 29, 2013
good solid company, must be willing to be flexible, open minded, innovative and hard working.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no coment