Zynga Employee Reviews

An alright place (but it's changed since I been there)
Senior Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 5, 2018
I was at Zynga during a time of rapid transition, including three different CEOs and a round of layoffs. Ultimately, I found the people there to be better than the organizational structure and the top-level strategy. This was on the mend by the time I had left.

A typical day had several meetings but mostly my superiors gave me the flexibility in order to do what I wanted and needed to. The hardest part, however, was that sometimes the requirements were vague or the tasks were very daunting. I felt like I didn't learn as much as I could have from the job, mostly due to a lack of documentation.

The people there were great, though, as were the perks and compensation.
Pros
Free lunches, good gym, happy hours, people, other perks
Cons
Overall company strategy and sense of purpose
Great place with room for advancement
Product Manager - Hit it Rich Slots (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 3, 2018
Zynga offers great pay and a fantastic work-life balance. The perks are insane as well (happy hours, full arcades, unlimited vacation, awesome gym with indoor basketball court). Management can be a bit frustrating to deal with at times.
IT Support Intern
IT Helpdesk Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 15, 2018
Internship provided by Year Up. This opportunity gave me the correct platform to start my career however the learning and mentor process needs to be cleaned up before I'd recommend for anyone to get their start here. If it's not then It's a whole lot of learning on your own.
Amazing company
Principal DevOps Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 9, 2018
Amazing company - great culture, great people. Most of the company has a fun developer focussed culture and the feel of a gaming company is something I very much enjoy.
Fun and Productive
Business (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 27, 2018
Fun and productive. Chances to grow in the business. Opportunities to work on different aspects of the business. Dynamic and collaborative environment.
Working at Zynga
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 26, 2018
This is a fast pace company that has a lot of growing pains. There was very little work life balance, however, if you like working and having all your perks at the office, breakfast, lunch, dinner, gym, etc, this maybe the place for you.
You never know when it's going to end
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 22, 2018
Working at Zynga was great: state-of-the-art offices in San Francisco, catered breakfast, lunch and dinner, sushi on Wednesday, free gym and yoga, unlimited paid vacation etc etc
However. apparently all this spending was not doing good for the Company, so they decided too cut expenses, together with 20% of the workforce after an year. In the gaming industry, this behavior is pretty typical thou. Games get staffed and un-staffed depending on their success, and layoff are pretty common. At least, they compensated me generously at my departure.
Pros
Benefits, relaxed work environment
Cons
job insecurity, no investement in employee
Awesome gaming company
Analytics Intern (Former Employee) –  LondonJanuary 11, 2018
As you can imagine working for a gaming company is really fun, games everywhere in the office. Also many fun nights organised by the management and in general awesome culture.
Good working environment
Concept Artist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 12, 2017
I have been working at Zynga full-time (More than 5 years)
Lots of benefits/perks. You can move up in the company with hard work. Dogs at work is awesome. Much to learn from the companies methods.
Pros
Fun activities, great food, cutting edge technologies
Cons
Constant reorgs, no respect from wall street
Great for Growth, Poor for Management
Senior Producer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 10, 2017
I had a great run at Zynga, so I'm honestly happy about most of my experience with the company. Working there has taught me many things and helped me grow as not only an employee but as an individual.

You can honestly form your career here if you're at the right place and the right time. But if you've got a bad manager, that changes everything. Many of the managers at Zynga are pretty inept and only got to where they are because they joined the company early. I think, if you can avoid or endure the poor top-level management at the company, you would do well and gain a lot from Zynga
Pros
Benefits, Company Culture, Experience, Growth
Cons
Poor Management
Holy train-wreck, Batman
Quality Engineer II (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 10, 2017
Zynga is the king of beating a dead horse and then blaming the stick for not going fast enough. There is precisely zero attention paid to all of the terrible choices made when designing a game, so they just keep getting made again. Zynga is fantastic at getting a short-term return, but has proven consistently blind to the long-term effects of that work.

As for the day to day, there is so much time wasted scrambling to get things done that they always have to be done at least twice, because something will inevitably get missed and need to be fixed. Deadlines are short and work volume is completely unreasonable, so the overtime is absolutely constant. This isn't the worst thing if you are hourly and don't have anything better to do, but if you're salaried, or have a family, then it is just constant stress as you try to dig yourself out from under the pile of work that you're doing for not nearly enough money.

Basically, if you want to see the corpse of the company that made you hate facebook games as it shambles through a hollow parody of game development never quite realizing that it died five years ago, then give Zynga a try.
Pros
Easy experience for a real job, a primer on what not to do as a business
Cons
Everything to do with game development
I can't say it was a bad time.
Art Director & Visual Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2017
Upper management has a lot to learn. History of the company proves that. But in my day to day, this was the best job I've ever had. Great people, fun work and environment, free food, swag, gym, kitchen, game room, dogs! etc. It all ended as fast as it began. But it was fun while it lasted.
Pros
So many perks
Cons
Company direction.
Fast paced but fun
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 31, 2017
The culture and people that work here are amazing. I've never had friendships in cross functional teams like the environment at Zynga. Good opportunity. Crazy how much fun you can have!
Pros
FUN! culture, food, amenities beyond your dreams.
Cons
Best Game Company I've worked at so far.
Principal Artist, Art Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 5, 2017
I've worked for a variety of game developers over the last 20 years, from small, indie studios to one of the biggest names in video games. And Zynga, for all of it's issues, was still the best place I've ever worked at as far as work environment, compensation, and perks.
Zynga is a great place to learn new skills
Sr Commercial Contracts and Corporate Paralegal (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 31, 2017
Zynga has a great workplace environment. It can be fast paced and unique, which makes it a great place to learn new things. I find that most co-workers are very collaborative. I have been able to expand my skills and talents in a supportive environment.
Pros
Free lunches, dogs are welcome, workplace culture
Cons
Slow advancement, minimal salary increases
Fun energetic work enviorment
Assistant Chef (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 13, 2017
Walking in to the kitchen everyone would always be in a great mood, lots of energy passion on to you. Work would go by really fast while talking to co workers. I never had to lift anything to heavy and my manager never asked for too much and he was super understanding at the work place.
Pros
free food, talkative co workers, fun enviorment
Work hard
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 29, 2017
A lot to do, ambitious goals, wall street pressure. You work with very smart people, at lightning speed to build fun products for millions of users. Your job is impactful and awesome, but you better be ready to work hard!
Awesome Experiance
Associate Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  INJanuary 23, 2017
Great place to work. Right mix of fun and work. I realized, how wonderful it can be if we are working for a gaming company. But, the stock prices are dropping which might affect the company in the future.
It depends
Game Designer (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Different studios have different cultures. It is overall a friendly environment. It seems like that the HQ is doing lots of work to help employees grow and reward them. However, it is executed very differently in different locations.
Pros
Not very stressful
Cons
Not much to learn through work
Good work life balance
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Zynga is a good company, have great work life balance. Good work culture. Awesome co-workers and great pay too. They also provide free food everyday.
Pros
free food