How to find remote work.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi all! 

Below are some tips to help you explore and identify remote and work from home job postings on Indeed: 

• Narrow your search by using Advanced Job Search located to the right of the “Find jobs” button on your search results page. Navigate to the “location” section near the bottom of the Advanced Job search form and specify your desired location as “Remote”. The engine will only surface jobs with the remote location specification. 
  • Target remote work in the Indeed search engine by entering keywords like “remote,” “work at/from home,”  “home-based, “telecommute,” “cybercommute” and “freelance” in the Indeed search bar. This technique will surface job postings that include one or more of these keywords in the title or description. 

I hope this helps you find remote work on Indeed! Good luck on your job search- Indeed is here to help. 

View solution in original post

255 Replies
Highlighted

One thing that' s really important when finding remote work is to update your resume to show that you have a home office.  If you're planning to work from home as a call center representative, your home office should include a computer, internet access, a phone and a quiet space free from distractions.  Many companies will give you a computer to use while working for them, but you want to have one of your own just in case.  Some of the keywords you can use  on your resume to show that you're serious about remote work is to let employers know that you are prepared. 

When looking for remote work, be sure to include alternative words like "virtual" and acronyms such as "WFH" in your search.  Join online groups that are focused on virtual work, where they share tips to find part and full time work from home jobs and discuss strategies to create your own positions if necessary. 

Plenty of small business owners are looking for part-time virtual workers, if you have the skills like good communication, typing, organization, and knowledge of online software like Salesforce, Office 365, Asana, Zoho and GSuite, you can step into plenty of roles including online business manager, project manager or virtual assistant.  If you're good with social media tools like Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin and Twitter, or websites like Wordpress, Wix and Weebly and Squarespace, you can secure some positions doing Social Media Marketing or Digital Marketing

If you love writing, consider becoming an online blogger

To Your Success, 
Coach Chantel, Job Search Guide

Highlighted

To keep information secure while working from home, most companies will require your antivirus software to be up-to-date, properly configured, and frequently updated. As an added security measure, you may also want to physically secure your home office. 

Highlighted

Good advise, @WKiser. In order to position yourself as a reliable and equipt virtual worker, you'll need to secure the necessary technology.

Viable Resources: The temp/perm agencies are an excellent vehicle for remote workers, in addition to tiding you over during this transitional period.

Do your research, identifying firms specializing in areas of your interest/expertise, or have a solid client roster.  Establish an online profile, apply to positions you're qualified for, identify the team lead in the area/s of specialization, never hurts to send a personalized letter of introduction. 

Agencies are always "hungry" for motivated and qualified candidates. Let them do the work on your behalf.

To your success!

Coach CarrieON

Highlighted

For individuals who are looking for a stronger values match between their work skills and strengths and a potential employer, I highly recommend exploring the non-profit sector. Use the REMOTE search filter setting at Idealist.org to review "remote possible jobs" listed on this top job board for the non-profit sector.  --John

Highlighted

I work for one of the largest providers of flexible, remote work opportunities.  We provide Independent Contractor Agents to our Fortune 500 clients to handle their customer care calls.  In these new challenging times, our clients needs are increasing by the hour.  These opportunities are all remote, all flexible, all from right where you are.  We can help you make a smooth transition into working and earning at home.

https://join.liveops.com/careers/

Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted

Look at different websites but you must be careful for those who will run a scam and send you a big check for supplies and its messes up your bank account. I've been there and luckily I asked for them to check if its valid before I deposited it 

Highlighted
Highlighted

As a lecturer at a college, I have now shifted over to online instruction teaching music performance, namely vocal instruction and performance. Since I am set up and prepared to work virtually, I feel I can be successful in doing any online work necessary to cater to a company. Researching online groups is a good start.

Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted

Hi all! 

Below are some tips to help you explore and identify remote and work from home job postings on Indeed: 

• Narrow your search by using Advanced Job Search located to the right of the “Find jobs” button on your search results page. Navigate to the “location” section near the bottom of the Advanced Job search form and specify your desired location as “Remote”. The engine will only surface jobs with the remote location specification. 
  • Target remote work in the Indeed search engine by entering keywords like “remote,” “work at/from home,”  “home-based, “telecommute,” “cybercommute” and “freelance” in the Indeed search bar. This technique will surface job postings that include one or more of these keywords in the title or description. 

I hope this helps you find remote work on Indeed! Good luck on your job search- Indeed is here to help. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted

To be successful while working remotely, you’ll need to employ strong organizational skills to maintain both your personal and professional calendars. In fact, it’s even more important when the children are home, which means you’ll need to manage their time as well. Be mindful of your time, as numerous distractions and unplanned interruptions will impede your progress. ~ Coach WKiser

Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted

I need to find something to do online, I am a paraprofessional at a local school district, working with children with autism, and our school district is closed due to coronavirus. I am not a teacher, so I do not have a degree, more of a teachers aide. Do you know of the jobs you have are sales oriented? I really don't know if I could do sales, I could take phone calls remotely, or do online chats..

3 weeks ago Solution
Highlighted

Do you know of any online tutoring that is available that doesn't require a teaching degree? I work for my local school district as a teachers aide/paraprofessional with children with autism. I would love to find a job I could do online either part or full time.

3 weeks ago Solution
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted

Check out Rat Race Rebellion (.) com or look them up on Facebook. They always have remote/online listings that are scam free. Because they check them out first. I am in their Facebook group. Lots of folks have found lucrative jobs through them online.. 

Just putting it out there. 

Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted

Sharpening your resume that you would consider remote work to start and to make sure your resume is out there so possible emploers can view it. Think outside the box. What skills can you do to increase a remote position to come your way. 

3 weeks ago Solution
Highlighted

Granted I graduate in May - but this qualifies for anyone that is a Graphic Designer/Web Developer/Motion Graphics creator. If you have the computer power, the software, and all the plugins required to perform your job at peak performance - Online work is the way to go. Now, the unfortunate thing for people that are just starting to get into this working world as a Graphic Designer, is the Clientele. You don't know too many people to get the work needed to pay your bills, so I believe the greatest question to ask is - how do we get these people to become part of our network?

The largest part about being a Graphic Designer is networking - and for someone that's just jumping into the field, especially with this whole situation happening, I believe the best thing to do is continue to apply, re-work all of the work you have in your portfolio, or just create new projects; If you've been laid off from your regular job, if you don't currently have a job because you were going to school strictly for full time - the best thing to do is constantly work on new projects. 

In other times it would be odd for a person to say they've been laid off at their job because they are no longer needed. Within this current time in modern society, that has become a norm due to reasons far out of our own reach. So, with that in mind, I believe the best thing to do is continue with a positive attitude, and continue to work away at all projects, new and old, and help yourself towards developing new connections within this wide, working world.

3 weeks ago Solution
Highlighted
Highlighted

Networking through social networks, such as neighborhood boards and facebook. Reaching out to businesses that may need additional staffing on a seasonal basis to handle the increase in consumer contact during the quarantine.

3 weeks ago Solution
Highlighted
Highlighted