Indeed Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Application Rejection

The job market for everyone is painful.   Job application rejection after rejection is the most depressing process anyone will experience.   There's got to be some relief for us people who are struggling to find a good job.  Unemployment benefits also have a slow process with approval and the threat of living in our car soon.  We are setup for failure.  I always keep my head up and pray for blessings. I hope for the best for all of us who are going through similar issues in life.    

Highlighted

The job market for everyone is painful.   Job application rejection after rejection is the most depressing process anyone will experience.   There's got to be some relief for us people who are struggling to find a good job.  Unemployment benefits also have a slow process with approval and the threat of living in our car soon.  We are setup for failure.  I always keep my head up and pray for blessings. I hope for the best for all of us who are going through similar issues in life.    

Aug 13, 2020 Solution by original poster
Highlighted

Original Poster Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

I never thought I would go through something like this.  I didn’t even go for unemployment benefits, thinking I would have a job by now.  The fact that each job application has you go through the assessment prior to even being able to get to the interview is exhausting.  I have placed over 40 applications.  I’m well qualified for many, but I don’t even get to meet anyone.  It’s not like the good old days.  No one gets to meet me, learn my story, or hear why I haven’t been working.  The longer and longer I go without work just leaves a bigger gap in my work history.  I had the same employer for 17 years.  I agree, the rejection is difficult and depression is beginning to set in.  I’m normally the cheerleader on my team, but I’m finding it quite difficult.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Highlighted

Hi Texas-Work,

I totally agree- AND have been in recruiting for years.  I'm now unemployed so in the same boat as you right now.  Each rejection is tough. 

My recommendation is to look at your job search as a "numbers game", meaning that you should set some goals for yourself for how many applications you'll put in weekly/bi-weekly and just focus on that until things start to move for you.  As attractive as some jobs & companies are, try not to hold on too tightly.  It will keep your emotional state removed enough that you won't be crushed if not considered for those roles. 

I applied to a job that would take me to Lisbon, Portugal.  I am stoked about that opportunity, but the reality is in this market that I may never even hear from them....new normal.  Protect yourself that way. 

Also, get out on LinkedIn and try to join groups that are in the industry and function that you desire to work in.  Network, have conversations with people who are still working.  It will give you hope and maybe some contact that could lead to job openings for you.

Take care and try not to be discouraged...I know it's hard, but keep moving forward! 

Highlighted

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement.  I am currently applying the recommendations you shared and here’s an example.  LinkedIn, Indeed and Texas Workforce combined at total of 45 job applications submitted. What hurts more is we don’t even know if unemployment will be approved.  My wife and I have enough money to pay one more month of rent.  All the other bills will be delayed.  After being married 21 years and long tenure with past jobs, we discussed about the possibility of leaving the United States.  It’s just so bad with everything going on.  Let’s all keep our heads up and continue to pray silent for blessings.  But good luck to you and take care.  

Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted

I appreciate your thoughts. I was an Uber driver for a little while and may have to reactivate my account again.  I counted my applications I submitted within the last 14 days on Linkedin and Indeed.  A total of 75 applied job applications relevant to my current and past experiences.  No interest, response or acknowledgment whatsoever.  Frustrating...  35 years in the workforce and now may have to take a job that pays between $8.00 to $12.00 per hour.  Companies, recruiters and HR truly need to consider revising your hiring process and help the economy out by creating opportunities.  I see many folks like myself including the younger generation struggling.  Place the personal touch back in place with hiring practices and get rid of bots and scoring system that skips over candidates who are qualified or have potential to help grow your company.  Make a change Board of Directors of all Industries.

Aug 14, 2020 Solution by original poster
Highlighted

I never thought I would go through something like this.  I didn’t even go for unemployment benefits, thinking I would have a job by now.  The fact that each job application has you go through the assessment prior to even being able to get to the interview is exhausting.  I have placed over 40 applications.  I’m well qualified for many, but I don’t even get to meet anyone.  It’s not like the good old days.  No one gets to meet me, learn my story, or hear why I haven’t been working.  The longer and longer I go without work just leaves a bigger gap in my work history.  I had the same employer for 17 years.  I agree, the rejection is difficult and depression is beginning to set in.  I’m normally the cheerleader on my team, but I’m finding it quite difficult.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted