Indeed Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airtran Airways Interview

I went in an open house in NY 3 weeks ago. We had company overview only. We were asked if selected where we would like to have the f2f.
I choose Chicago as I'm based there with my current airline.

My f2f happened 1 week after the open house. I believe the person who nterviewed is the base manager. She reviewed my online application and asked me why I want leave my current airline and how was when I worked for a Brazilian airline back in 1998.After this she gave me a paper to read.There was a situation where the interviewer played a very difficult kind of person to deal with ( I mean the pax). The paper I read said that by FAA and Airtran every pax is allowed ONLY 1 luggage and 1 carry on item. It is esay. Just show how important is to do safety complience. Being professional and at the same time smiling, as always.. ;-)

After this the interviewer said I was going to be invited to go to ATL next week to have my drug test and background papers done.

I went in ATL last thursday.Did all the above plus tried my new uniform ( I loved the dresses - I'll have 2).

No math tests or announcements to read.

My training will be on 03/24 and can't wait to be there.Only 3 weeks.

Overall: very nice and relaxed experience.

Good luck!
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
I please help my roomate is applaing for gate agent to get her foot in the door with airtran / southwest how long is someone has to wait ti request to transf to inflight or any dep with southwest air thnaks
Sep 23, 2011 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
AirTran probably will NOT hire again. They have been BOUGHT by Southwest Airlines. They are NOT merging. The two airlines are in the process now of INTEGRATING (aka combining). The final integration should be accomplished sometime in 2012.
Aug 1, 2011 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Well I applied for an Airport Customer Service Agent position here at MSP. The post went up yesterday, and was taken down this morning...whew...good timing on my part I guess, ha ha 🙂 My job status is showing:

Job Posting:Jun 15, 2011 – Job Number: l100108G
Job Status: Inactive (No Longer Accepting Job Submissions)
Submission Status: Completed – Updated: Jun 16, 2011

Am I on the right track here? How long is it until you get any contact from AirTran?
Jun 16, 2011 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Hey Name is Cheryl Beasly she is in the Saftey and Health Department, she is the one after you do your HPE and Drug Screening to look at those results and gives the final say so weather or not you are cleared to become part of the AirTran Family.

And don't worry cejay she did the same thing to me but waited one day before my training day and sent me an e-mail. I moved from Ohio, quit my other job, and it was all some misunderstanding from my Doctors office back in Ohio. But i'm fine, I got hired with another airline and I been flying the skys since March. - Stay hopefully and continue to apply for other airlines.
Jun 13, 2011 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Yeah! God is Good!! He has brought you this far and He will see you all the way through! Keep pushing, love the attitude. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Glad you got the "official" offer! Woohoo, I can't wait to hear about your experience:) here is my email(***********)

Thanks alot and God's blessings!!
Jun 6, 2011 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
I am based in Orlando. As far as hours go, it has varied for everyone. Now that we are paid credit hours, paychecks should hopefully get better since we will now be paid for sitting ready reserve and our flight hours. Most are being paid between 70 to 85 I would guess. Last month I had a line and chose to only work minimum hours. This month it's back on reserve. I do not know what the number of hours will be as the contract changed May 1st and we are paid credit pay and not block.

Pool day is the best day!! It was a little rough on the few that were scared of swimming but it simply was jumping in the water with a life vest on and swimming to the life raft, jumping back in the water and getting out of the pool. If you were ever truly in a water emergency, you would not be of much help if you could not swim or be able to move around in the water. So, good luck on this part, but everyone in our class did pass this portion.

Good luck everyone. Study hard, ask questions and come out with a smile!
Jun 5, 2011 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Highlighted
Getting nervous as I wAs unable to access my profile to add my traffic citations. The system did not recognize my email until today. I'm praying that does not disqualify me, although they were very strict about this. I did mention this to the recruiter during the interview and was told to give it a day to reset, but it did not reset until today. Anyone out there familiar with this?
Jun 5, 2011 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Thanks for all the insights! You'll do awesome in training...you have been very kind with your postings:) I still wondered if I should drive there if they have another sessions...I have read in indeed that's what some people did, stated for the open house sometimes one does not have to be invited... (I don't like to show up anywhere if I'm not invited) Oh, about knowing how to swim( I asked the exact ? awhile back and someone replied that you don't have to know how to swim, you just do the evacuation drill with life vest etc. Hope this is help! Have fun "TravlLdy"
Jun 4, 2011 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Highlighted
I'm from GA but there were people from all over there. Not sure but I applied in March. They say this is the last session, but others were told that and this session was offered. Keep your ears on the ground and options open. I will ask if there will be another session and post.
Jun 4, 2011 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted