How many tmes have you received an email for an Aflac interview?

I get at least 3-4 of these emails daily from different reps, I have tried to block and request not to be contacted by Aflac. Someone from Careerbuilders sent me an email re Aflac and I responded and asked not to be contacted that I was not interested. One of the reps told me from my resume they saw that I had all the qualifactions. If they did read my resume they would have seen that I have had an administrative career not sales. They are a pain and just mark as spam and delete.
34 Replies
Highlighted
Don't disregard Afflac. This is probably one of the only companies left that is currently hiring. They offer Cheap pay, no benefits, no expenses paid, yet they are rated one of the top 10% companies to work for. It's the only dream job remaining.
Highlighted
I've never gotten one from AFLAC. I have gotten emails from other insurance companies, including the one that I have my car and homeowners insurance with. There is nothing in my resume that suggests that I would make a good insurance salesman.
Highlighted
You'll laugh at this. I applied to an HMO near me (via Taleo, by the way). Never heard a thing..

However, about every month or so I receive an offer to buy one of their policies. I am on their mailing list. Heh!

They took all their job applicants and put them on their marketing list. Who thought that up?
Highlighted
What they usually do is look for posted resumes with old dates. About every month, you want to delete your resume, wait a few days and repost it. That will stop some of it.

You might want to stay off Careerbuilder as well. That is a big hunting ground for insurance companies.
Highlighted
Same here, yet I've received legions of similar irrelevant garbage from insurance companies, including AFLAC and lesser known if not totally obscure outfits, including Legacy Financial Services (?) and Torchmark companies.

I sometimes respond to these morons, asking why I am being recruited for something I'm neither qualified for nor interested in. I tell them they should actually review resumes for relevant qualifications and not waste unqualified candidates' time with their e-mail blasts.

Sometimes they reply. The local white duck recruiter said she actually reviewed my resume. She claimed to have come from nursing before becoming a white duck. She said she did not recruit strictly salespeople and my steady work history (Really? Not lately.) and B.S.B.A. degree were factors. She said she has a couple of attorneys selling AFLAC. Really? I replied that my degree was old, I was not an attorney and would not command the authority attorneys command. I also called out AFLAC for requiring new hires to purchase their proprietary computers.

She wished me luck with my job search in her reply.
Highlighted
All of these insurance companies are a scam, and many of them require you to make an investment up front out of your own pocket. They also require you to badger your friends and family to switch to their insurance to the point of no one wanting to talk to you anymore. I'd personally rather work at Target.
Highlighted
I get about one of these emails a week in addition to the other job related spam. I'm relatively sure these emails are connected to posting your resume on CB. I took my resume down from CB, oh, three years ago after receiving unwanted spam, yet it just won't ever stop. It is simple to spot and delete however.
Highlighted
I cannot speak for Deb but I also live in Olympia area and actually came on board with AIL long enought attend a couple of weekly sales meeting and envited to go on a sales push with them. I held off after obtaining my license for some personal reasons with the understanding I would come on board in a few months. I still plan to do that. They are indeed an agreesive bunch of sales people. Like all sales forces they are pumped up every week to go out and do better than last week. That goes for their management as well. All management are successful salepeople who earned their stripes so to speak. They get paid when those under them get paid. The process you went through is typical. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding by one of the staff as to why you were there. I know each person is independent, so not sure specifically about the position you thought you interviewed. I would suggest you talk with the Regional Manager and see if you can straigthen the problem out and perhaps get a headsup on a future interview. They are a nationwide and Canada insurance company and meet or exceed the standards set by the Department of Licensing. Their target market is union members providing both life and disability insurance.
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Aflac is a good company but they are just like all the other insurance companies they take advantage of MLM to sell their products it is the cheapest way to sell the turn over is high and they do not care if their independent sales staff make a good income. or fail. Other's use subsidiaries (like MassMutual uses a independent financial services company to sell their Life insurance and investment products but it is still a MLM based structure and your NOT a employee your a independent agent. Meaning no benefits and no salary jut commissions and you pay a percentage of your commissions to the office manager and they sell you on the promise that you too can be a office manager.
So at first you run around selling not making enough to cover your expenses then if you stick with it long enough to get good at it (most need to tale another job before then) you might be asked to open your own regional office (all at your own expense of course) then your day is filled with convincing others to come in for a interview and constantly trying to hire new sales people and keeping clients from canceling their policies (if they cancel you need to pay back your commissions) In the end this structure really only benefits the corporate office everyone else eventually moves on. Many independent insurance agents get their start in some type of MLM structured sales position. It can be valuable marketing and sales experiance but it is not really a Job. As you really are NOT a employee you are interviewing to become a independent insurance agent if that is what you want to do.
Highlighted
Highlighted
Oh yes! I get more Aflac email than I can count. And another pet peeve of mine is the phone calls that come from all sorts of insurance companies that claim I am the "perfect fit" for the job they are offering. Funny, I have no sales or insurance in my background, nor have I applied to anything close. Oh, and since I have applied to some administrative jobs in some medical facilities, I am getting letters from these same places, advertising whole body scans and medical tests that they offer. Come on!!! It's bad enough being unemployed, but to be scammed as well? Makes one not want to apply to anything anymore.
Highlighted
They call, leave voice mails, send emails and do so about ever couple of weeks or more (all insurance companies email me incessantly)!

Don't get me wrong, I really need a job. But from what Ive read here it sounds like you must pay the company and that sounds ridiculous. Someone said you need to buy their computers (or maybe the poster just meant a computer program) and from what I know from 35 years of professional work history, the insurance industry is a "young man's game" so to speak. I just wish there were some legit way to stop them from sending so many communiques.
Highlighted
I wish I would of read these comment before I went on a interview today. What a waste of time and energy? I should of listened to my intuition and stayed in my bed. I never knew that it was a group interview sales pitch to get a bunch of unemployed; already agitated people to be middle men to build their empire. I suggest if you are looking for a job don't apply to Aflac. It may be a great start for some who have no work experience but after being employed so many years i know when I am being bamboozled. They tell you to come dressed business casual just to sit in a room to listen to a man who has a aroma of a ash tray of no name brand cigarettes speak about a company that sounds impressing but the end remarks kill the deal. They want you to dig in your pockets to get licensed, just to work commission and as someone said above if the clients cancel their contracts the employee (you) have to pay those monies back. Not what I consider an ideal job. This job may be a Fortune 500 ideal career move for some but I beg to differ you're better off applying to Bloomingdales shoe department.
Highlighted
I get emails from them occasionally. I went to one open house and left before it was over because it all sales positions and that isn't my background. They can clearly see that my resume does not indicate any sales experience. I wish they would stop.
Highlighted
Highlighted
Even though they should probably reevaluate the way that they come across (it appears to be rather ‘spammy’ at first, I can tell you that the jobs are in fact real. Too many people dismiss the job right away because of the way that they emails are written and because they do not care for sales, but it is certainly possible.
Highlighted
I was contacted multiple times to interview with Aflac. I actually went to one of the group interviews and was promptly asked by the presenter why I was there as he was looking at my resume and lack of any sort of sales experience

Another time, some other Aflac person called me and upon my saying I was not interested, kept pushing and pushing asking why.

Sure, they likely have real jobs, but the way they go about recruiting is shady at best.
Highlighted
I was previously a mechanic, before that Tire technician, equipment operator, manufacturing plants, delivery driver and related jobs and i got a email from AFLAC regarding Account Manager Coordinator-in-Training (Management Training Program) positions. That is why i searched for information on whether its mass emailing , scam of something else. Seemed fishy asking me with my experience being anything but what they are looking for. Her name is Andre Laflamme / Regional Sales Coordinator. I am open to a career change but not to my time being wasted. Sounds like they are just mass emails, hoping for a good candidate out of the bunch.
Highlighted
Highlighted
I have been experiencing the same thing. A recruiter named Erica contacted me with a fake spammy sounding email -- no relation whatsoever to anything I have ever done in my career, so I requested to be removed from contact and reported the email as phishing (I have a filter set up that responds when an email has been reported).

Since then, this person has apparently been arguing with my email filter about the legitimacy of her job postings, etc. I was surprised to see her emails still coming through and read them today: my automated filter responds every time she sends an email, and her responses are longer and more defensive. I finally sent her another response, telling her to leave me alone, but we will see. I question not only the legitimacy of the company but her grasp on reality.

Based on my interaction with this nut job I looked online and found that there are many complaints about fake job postings and scams. I truly wish that the job sites would allow us to block out these jerks. Those of us who are legitimately looking for work in our field are being trolled by people like Erica, who represent the very bottom of the barrel as far as recruiters go.
Highlighted
I keep getting emails from aflac saying that they saw my resume and would like to set up an interview. I didn't know what to do. Please do not fall for this scam, I wanted to get more information, and emailed one of the staff they said they want me to set up an interview right away. I denied then I emailed on of the staff and said where exactly did you see my resume? She never responded in YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT TRUST AFLAC
Highlighted
I received a few emails from the same regional person. I think I may have said not interested at one point, but still kept getting them. Then the same person hit me up again when I was in a bad mood and I unloaded on her. Told her business and all insurance was a business for theives and that if our health care system was run not by big corporate insurance and big pharma, we wouldn't all be going bankrupt trying to care for our medical needs. Don't remember exactly what I said, though remember it was much harsher than that. She hasn't emailed me since. Lol!
Highlighted
It's not just Aflac it's all the insurance companies. I would bet many of you have gotten contacted by financial advising firms as well. It doesn't matter if you have no experience in sales, insurance or the financial advising world. Many of these companies just want to get you in the door even if it's only for a short period of time. The reasons why are simple. It doesn't cost them anything as many of these positions are full commission and you pay out of pocket for any licensing you might need. Also, they know most people will leave quickly after realizing it's not for them. It doesn't matter because they have obtained all your leads which many of these companies insist that you provide. A list of all your family and friends with their contact information. Now they will be endlessly hounded even after you leave the company. If you happen to stick with the company it's usually quite fruitless after you blow through your warm leads.

It's simply not worth it so stay away from these jobs. Especially when you're not applying to them and just receiving generic emails or calls that state they just came across your resume. This is a sure sign that a company is just mass contacting as many people as they can.
Highlighted
Highlighted
I've only received a few from Aflac. Mostly I get calls weekly from Bankers Life, which I politely tell them I am not interested.
Everyone who posts a resume online, regardless if you have the experience or not will be contacted. Neither myself or my husband have insurance experience, yet we both have been contacted to sell insurance.
I've learned not to get upset about it. These companies are just hard up to find a warm body to fill the seat due to high turn over. They only hope that someone with no experience may take the bait.
Mar 1, 2017 Solution
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
I had posted my resume on monster.com thinking that I may get a job there. I got an email from Alfac saying they want me to come in for an Interview I went to a group interview. There was a guy that made everything sound so nice you get paid 31k in the first year and than in the 3rd year you can go into management. So I thought it was gonna be great so I came back for the second interview. Find out she was asking me for $140 for the class for me to get my customer service licence. I told the lady that I already have that and she said that I needed to pay because I need to learn how to work with them. Thats when I know that was trying to scam. So many people in there I'm just like how they do it? This lady on my way out was telling me she got a car a nice house and that if it wasnt for this job she wont have what she got. I didnt believe her because why would a job ask you to pay? I told the lady I would see if I can get the money. I'm never going back there. That place is full of it and they just want to scam people out of their money.
Highlighted
just email them telling them that you have "...asked not to receive any further emails and they have continued, any further communication is considered a misuse of telecommunication and will be handled as such.

These emails are no different than telemarketers calling at dinner, spam faxes coming in, bot calls, etc. Talk to a lawyer after you get anymore. They finally stopped contacting me after I did this, I'm now waiting for the next so I can get my wallet thicker from the lawsuit.
Mar 28, 2018 Solution
Highlighted
I'm kinda curious what she said XD just for my own entertainment value.

I myself got at least one email (that I remember). I found it sketchy that the return address was to a "qikmail" account and the return name was Colleen, but the name they put on the end of the email was Terry. My resume clearly shows a desire to work in video games. (and not selling them, either)
Jul 10, 2018 Solution
Highlighted
I'm getting these emails almost daily despite numerous - I'm not interested I don't even have the relevant experience for Insurance. Clearly they are not actually reading your resume as stated - Aflac, if you're reading this -FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY PLEASE STOP.
Aug 1, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
Good morning,

Thank you for writing, but considering my Electrical Engineering experience I am puzzled as to why Aflac is interested in me.

Are you looking for a new voice for the Aflac duck?

You should have never let go of Gilbert Gottfried. The new guy is just not cutting it.

Anyway, if you're in the need for an electrical engineer as an expert witness on insurance claims, let me know.

Kind regards,

George
Aug 26, 2019 Solution