Scam job

103 Replies
Highlighted
Highlighted
How do you check out offers you got through an Indeed email?? The first message came through Indeed, but then she used my direct email (telling me she got it from Indeed)... I'm new to using Indeed or any online job search so I don't know how to check these offers out. Should there be a link somewhere to the job or can potential employers just choose seekers to offer their jobs to via email???
TIA for any advice! I have a fishy offer I'm trying to check out.
Highlighted
Responding to an email be asking for more information won't hurt you... they won't get your bank account or anything just from that. Ask for the company name, and the details of the job.

You can also look at the email address. If it's a company name, search for info on that company. A big red flag would be someone offering a job but using a gmail, yahoo, mail.com, or other free email service. A business person should have a business email.

If the initial email mentions setting up Google Hangout for an interview, it's almost certainly a scam.

If they want you to pay money up front, it's a scam.

If they say they'll send you a check to cash so you can buy stuff, it's a scam.
Highlighted
My daughter was really excited to receive a job offer from a local Children's foundation through an application she submitted through Indeed. She received the initial email from indeed, however was asked to reply to a personal email so she could receive more information about the "job", which she did. This morning she received the same email mentioned above stating that they would send her money to purchase items,etc. I have since informed her of this scam and asked her to stop all correspondences with this person. This is unfortunate to see how people are targeting job-seekers. Please beware everyone.....
Highlighted
If a company by metro advanced solutions or staffing offer or you apply for housekeeping or front desk agent job there are scammers...they were recently located at 55 Madison ave they promised u a job.. Tell u to come in for interview you have to supposedly pay 150 to 300 depending on what you're getting.. They give u a fake contract and by time u call them in 3 to 4 days they moved and are disconnected...i know this cause went with a friend recently 7 days before Christmas that just passed and that's Wat happened.. SCAM SCAM either Metro Advanced Solutions or Metro Advanced Staffing.. SCAM SCAM
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Metro advanced staffing is a scam scam....tell you 2 pay a certain amount and then they disappear in 2 weeks and have been moving around in the ny Area...they also change there number so if they ask for money up front it's a scam for housekeeping and security smh
Highlighted
Applied to "Henry J. (Bud) Smith Family Office" for front desk position and recived this eamil .....Unfortunately, we are no longer taking new applications, however, we have another available position with one of our client's company as a Personal Assistant, kindly forward your resume and salary consideration to : *********** ....so i emailed my resume and withing 24hr i recived a reply that i was hired salary $780 a week and i would need to purchase flights/hotle bookings and pay bills.....with this summery About me:
I'm 65 years old and my new office will be located
about 15 miles away from your zip code. I'm a retired
civil engineer and I have been a local and international
successful entrepreneur and sometimes invest in the real
estate market which makes me travel
often within and outside the state working on various
independent projects. .... red flags were ...how trust worthy are you ...waiting to read from you ....only contact through email and text i am a very busy man .... never received a call/ interview ...was supposedly hired ... so beware of these job post
Highlighted
Highlighted
Yes, I had the exact same thing happen to me. Went to Indeed.com, and applied for an administrative assistant position for CADCO Construction. they emailed me through indeed, saying the position had just been filled, but one of their clients needed a personal assistant. I forwarded my resume to her and she emailed me back with this:
Thank you for getting back to me. This is a full time position but can also be part time, as you will be helping me and your duties will include but are not limited to;
Running errands, shopping, supervisions and monitoring, scheduling programs, flights and keeping me up to date with my schedule.
I'm 65 years old and located about 15 miles away from your zip code. I'm a retired real estate attorney and I have been a local and international successful entrepreneur and sometimes invest in the real estate market which makes me travel often within and outside the state working on various independent projects.
I will maintain a fair degree of flexibility in terms of working around your other commitments. I will provide clear set of instructions for each task I need done and sufficient funds to cover all errands.
Currently, I am in Toronto meeting with partners. I will be back in 2 weeks to arrange a formal interview with you and for necessary paperwork. Please note that this position is not office-based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules.
You will receive $780/week, health insurance, 401(k) plan and paid time off which we will discuss in further details when we meet.
Next thing I know, she sends me a check from a crypto currency bank, for $3,845, saying I need to deposit it asap so that I can do some "errands" for her. I'm sure those "errands" would involve moving money from my bank account into someone else' account, before my bank found out that the check is no good.
Highlighted
Orion Construction- Scam!!!

I applied for an HR Assistant position that was listed on Indeed. I got a response back from them stating: THe position was filled, but .While you were not selected for this position, but may fit in at a new position at our associate’s firm. Forward her your resume pamedams@outlook com if you wish to pursue this.
response Received:
Thank you for getting back to me. This is a full time position but can also be part time, as you will be helping me and your duties will include but are not limited to;
Running errands, shopping, supervisions and monitoring, scheduling programs, flights and keeping me up to date with my schedule. You will also act as an alternative telephone correspondence when I'm away, Make regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf, Handle and monitor my financial activities.
I'm 65 years old and located about 15 miles away from your zip code. I'm a retired real estate attorney and I have been a local and international successful entrepreneur and sometimes invest in the real estate market which makes me travel often within and outside the state working on various independent projects. I will maintain a fair degree of flexibility in terms of working around your other commitments. I will provide clear set of instructions for each task I need done and sufficient funds to cover all errands.
Currently, I am in Toronto meeting with partners. I will be back in 2 weeks to arrange a formal interview with you and for necessary paperwork. Please note that this position is not office-based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules. The hours vary as some weeks you will be busier than others and you also get to choose your own hours, but the pay stays constant. I have a number of things you could help me with. ou will receive $780/week, health insurance, 401(k) plan and paid time off which we will discuss in further details when we meet.
Highlighted
Highlighted
Had same situation happen to me:

Re: Admin Assistant
Monday, March 26, 2018 9:54 AM
"Shirley Wilcox" <***********>

Hello ,

I hope my email meets you well, I instructed my client to have a payment made to you, you should be receiving a check today or in the next few days via Postal mail , which will be the first thing i need your help with.

Once you get the check .Take it to your bank and have it deposited, So it can clear tomorrow. Let me know when you deposit it.

Meanwhile I will need you to find out the Business Flight Fares from Toronto back home on the 5th of April for me.

NB : Always check your spam folder so you don't miss out any of my messages.

Thanks and God bless.

On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 1:43 PM, Lesley Coughlin <***********> wrote:
Thank you for your answers, you have successfully passed my checks and are now confirmed for this position congratulations. You will fill all necessary paperworks once I return, in the mean time I will send you details of errands for you to help me with next week (Pricing out items, I have pending house bills, flights and hotel bookings). I am very busy on this trip and only have wifi in my hotel or when i am in an office so i wouldn’t be reachable all the time.
Also i have few other questions -

1. Are you eligible to work in the United States?

2. Do You have any Criminal Records ? If yes specify

3. Are you under the age of 18, If Yes, do you have an employment/age certificate?

4. I will like to know how honest you are and how you can be trusted with funds?

5. How often do you check your email ?

6. Days/Hours Available: Hours Available: from ______ to ______

7. Confirm you will be available next week
I will send you a text and email once I have more details.

Add this email to your Email contact list, to ensure all my emails gets to your inbox.
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
I have had the same thing happen to me. Just received a check for quite a bit of money and called the bank to see if it’s valid and they said it was a fraud. What could we do about this. Indeed needs to be more secure on what they are allowing on this website as people are looking to make money and careers not be charged for fraudulent activity.
Highlighted
Hello Everyone,

If you have concerns about the quality of a company that has contacted you, or one that you have seen listed on our site, please contact us at www.indeed.com/support/contact.

It would help if you could include as much of the below information as possible on your support ticket:

1. A link to the job as it is listed on our site
2. Exact company name
3. Exact job title
4. Job location
5. Any email correspondence you may have had with this company
6. The email address the company used to contact you.

For more information about safe searching, please visit this article on our Help Center:
go.indeed.com/CGK966

Take care,
Indeed Host
www.indeed.com/help
Highlighted
I kind of thought this was a scam, but like all people, a big part of me hoped it was legit. So I went with it to see how I felt when I got more information.

So, my story: I'm a fresh-from-college graduate of an Office Assistant program. I've been diligently applying for jobs for days, some responses, a few interviews, etc. I received a text message from a (786) area code (red flag: I live in Ontario, this is a landline number) stating "My name is Linda Wasgatt,You responded to my admin job advert on www.indeed.ca, kindly email me at *********** for more information."

I did. I asked which company it was for. "Linda" gave me this huge description about Rothschild & Co., which is another red flag. A company like this wouldn't reach out to you through text message. They also wouldn't post jobs on Indeed.

"Linda" responded. The Admin position had been filled, but she had another position I might be interested in: Personal Assistant. She gave me a brief job description and asked for my name and address. I responded accordingly. It took her 16 hours to respond.
She said she'd send me money to purchase gifts to mail out to orphanages, but then later changed it to foster homes.

I reverse-searched the phone number, the name, everything I could think of and could only find a 69 year old woman who runs a property management company in Florida.

I couldn't find the ad, but it was for an Administrative Assistant position.

Thank you to all who posted their story and finally confirmed that I'm not stupid for turning down what I thought was a dream job.
Highlighted
I was first contacted by Lisa Good, ***********
Then by Braig Mallers. ***********
They claimed it to be from Inova pharmaceuticals. That is a real company and I did check into them. They sell a bunch of random supplement like products and research chemicals on places like Amazon. They quickly sent me a check (2-3 days after first contact) of 4'837$. I called the bank it came from and it had been reported fraudulent.

These are some steps to take any time you deal with any employer online:

Their correspondence should always contain the official header for the company.

Grammar should be perfect (Most forms are copy paste from official policy books. If its not professional looking...).

They will provide contact information and credentials to prove legitimacy. (ALWAYS ASK FOR SUPERVISOR AND CONTACT #. Legit credentials are #1)

NEVER NEVER NEVER pay an person who is trying to hire you (or do you any 'free' favors) online. (If they want to hire you and pay you, they don't need your money for anything.)

Investigate the profiles/emails/accounts correspondence are sent from. (In my case a quick google search revealed fresh, empty accounts. Anyone who is a professional will have all their information listed publicly)

If they send a check, you can call the bank it's from and research the address provided.

If it's too good to be true, then it isn't true. Do your research!!!

If the interviewer doesn't seem to care about your answers and quickly pushes you into a fast hire (all professional companies have a vetting process and will require some sort of formal contact.)

NO COMPANY WILL EVER ASK YOU TO DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLINE OVER A CHAT MESSAGE OR EMAIL WITHOUT PROVING THEIR LEGITIMACY VIA OFFICIAL CREDENTIALS THAT YOU CAN BACK TRACK.
Highlighted
I have now set my settings to private (which is inconvenient because I wanted potential employers to be able to find me easily) because of a weird text I received from someone name "Bobby" who said they found my information on indeed to a job I applied for. It was Personal Assistant job. I have never applied for a Personal Assistant job. I was asked for my address and my age. Seems weird to me. Here are some portions of the email:

Hello,
We have gone through your application for Job on Indeed for our new Job
vacancies. We reviewed your resume and we are impressed. Your
background and experience most closely fit the needs of this position.
Currently, we have a vacancy for Personal Assistant Position and I
would like to follow-up with you on hiring process

My name is Bobby White, 46 years of age. I'm a civil engineer, a human
capital investor and philanthropist maintaining established business
relationship with diverse companies within and across the Globe. My
recent engagement and subsequent business expansion necessitates the
role of a Personal Assistant who will help leverage my work load in
order to ensure timely delivery of services and attendance to matters
of concern and as such eschew excess backlogs and unattended briefs.

I tend to have a very busy schedule at moment, please note that this
position is not office based for now due to my frequent travels at the
moment.

PLEASE COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM REQUIREMENT BELOW

Full Name:
Mailing Address:
Apartment #:
City, State, Zip Code:
Cell Phone Number:
Direct Email Address:
Current Job:

Best Regards,
Dr. Bobby White
Highlighted
BEWARE SCAM!
Research & Planning Consultants LP - Austin
sent an interview invite using an unauthenticated email address that if you google belongs to a bike store ***********
so many red flags on this offer on email is different from job post and too good to be true $19/hr.. get out of here

Dear Job Seeker

Our recruitment team viewed your resume published Application: Administrative Assistant and Data Entry Clerk Position - Full Time/ Part Time) and we are pleased with your qualifications, we believe you have the required qualifications to undergo an on-line interview.

Your resume was shortlisted for an online interview with the interview manager Mr Wilson Mayer Via G-mail Hangout or Google talk with the following email address (***********). The starting pay is $19.00 per hour for the Administrative Assistant and Data Entry Clerk. Add Him to your buddy list and message Him, he will be online waiting for you ASAP to conduct the interview with you.

Your verification code is ( SR-0272 ), this would serve as your identification number throughout the online hiring process. Your timely response matters a lot.

We look forward to having you on the team.

Interview Scheduled : Online.
Date: June 3rd - June 10th
Time: 8am- 6pm daily
Venue: On Line Via Google Hangout
Training is Available
Human Resources
Your swift and timely response matters a lot in this beneficial position.

Best Regard :
Yours Truly,
Hiring Manager
Jun 4, 2018 Solution
Highlighted
Robert Bird Group

Dear Job seekers
BEWARE of a fraudulent company Robert Bird Group
They claim they have offices opening up in the US after doing my own research they only have offices overseas only
After interviewing online they hired me and They sent me a check for almost $2000 to purchase a laptop and software to perform the online administrative job position I knew the check was fraudulent so I did not even go attempt to deposit it in my bank I called to report fraud.

If someone contacts you on google hangouts by the names
Mr. Warbington Ong
Or
Light Wilson
mailto:***********

They are apart of the fraudulence scam

Please pass this on
Happy Job hunting
Highlighted
Hello,
I had the same scam happen to me, except my husband and I was convinced that the job was legit. We talked to the “Leona Taylor" on the phone, she said was a client Honor Flight and they referred my resume since they were no longer hiring. She did a full interview. She called my references and past employer. I was convinced this was not a scam, being fresh out of college the job seemed amazing $780 a week. I sadly cashed her check. My bank did not tell me the check was bad until I did what she told me to do.
So now I am stuck in the place of trying to recoup $2300.00
Indeed you seriously need to start being aware of these things!
I literally thought this was legit because they made an account by the name of Honor Flight which is near me. They knew they were hiring as well.
I need suggestions on how to fight back on this. It’s not right a job site allows scammers on here to pull young and older adults in.
Make sure you do your research, I wish I seen this forum before I took the so called job.
Highlighted
THIS IS A SCAM!!!

Dear Job seekers
BEWARE of a fraudulent company Robert Bird Group
They claim they have offices opening up in the US after doing my own research they only have offices overseas only
After interviewing online they hired me and They sent me a check for almost $2000 to purchase a laptop and software to perform the online administrative job position I knew the check was fraudulent so I did not even go attempt to deposit it in my bank I called to report fraud .

If someone contacts you on google hangouts by the names
Mr. Warbington Ong
Or
Light Wilson
mailto:***********

They are apart of the fraudulence scam

Please pass this on
Happy Job hunting]
Highlighted
Thank you for this information! I just received an Offer Letter from them today and when I started to ask questions some things started to seem off. They continued to ask about my bank and if it was on my smartphone. I really appreciate this post!
Highlighted
Applied for Office Manager position in NY and got that from Sandra Mccann!!

SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!

Running errands, shopping, supervisions and monitoring, scheduling programs, flights and keeping me up to date with my schedule. You will also act as an alternative telephone correspondence when I'm away, Make regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf, Handle and monitor my financial activities.

I'm 65 years old and located about 15 miles away from your zip code. I'm a retired real estate attorney and I have been a local and international successful entrepreneur and sometimes invest in the real estate market which makes me travel often within and outside the state working on various independent projects.

I will maintain a fair degree of flexibility in terms of working around your other commitments. I will provide clear set of instructions for each task I need done and sufficient funds to cover all errands.

Currently, I am in Toronto meeting with partners. I will be back in 2 weeks to arrange a formal interview with you and for necessary paperwork. Please note that this position is not office-based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules. The hours vary as some weeks you will be busier than others and you also get to choose your own hours, but the pay stays constant. I have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will be within reach for me.

You will receive $780/week, health insurance, 401(k) plan and paid time off which we will discuss in further details when we meet. If you are interested fill the below to get started.

Full Name :

Address (P.O box Not allowed):

Apt #:

City/State/ZipCode:

Mobile (For SMS):

Current Occupation :

Email :
Highlighted
I actually got this e-mail with the exact same name (Sandra McCann) after applying to d.e. Foxx & Associates for an OA job in NY. They referred me to this person, so I emailed them and I got that email. In addition to that, because I still thought it was legit, they said that I was "now confirmed for this position", in addition to answering more questions. I replied and later got an email from them, saying they needed a flight back on Aug 3 from Toronto Pearson, and that a client of theirs was going to be sending me the check and to let them know when I'd receive and deposit it...

Ugh. I'm so mad that I wasted so much time now.
Highlighted
Highlighted
BEWARE of a Randy Davis,Thomas Aaron,and Marcus Polett claiming they're from Community Health Systems. The company is real but the scammers first contact you through text messenge saying they reviewed your resume on indeed and want to schedule an interview. You have an interview with a "hiring manager" through google hangout claiming that since technology is advancing, this is a new way they do interviews. You answer the basic interview questions, eventually they tell you you're right for the Customer Service Rep position and explain your duties and training. Then they tell you they'll send you a check so you can buy your materials.They send a check through FedEx with a letter from the Chief Accounting Officer giving instructions on what to do with the check. On top of that, there's a part in the letter claiming you might be tested by "your manager"to see if you'll go against company policy. Then they have the nerve to guilt trip you saying you should know better.
Aug 2, 2018 Solution
Highlighted
Highlighted
I JUST got scammed by this idiots. I sent them the link to this site. I am sorry they guilt tripped you, it is a shame. Looks like they got a taste of their own medicine. SHAME ON THEM FOR HAVING THE NERVE TO SCAM AND SHAME.
Aug 11, 2018 Solution
INTERVIEW SESSION
Hi
Hiringnow@BestWay Group (***********)
Great you Got it
How are you doing ?
Good and you ?
Am Good and thanks for askinf
Asking**
Are you ready for the Job briefing and interview session ?
Yes, it video call ?
It’s **
This process will be done via Text will only take 20 minute to have it completed Okay ?
Ok
Before we proceed,... I would love to know more about you, This would help me to categorize you and know how best to talk to you during the interview. I am Mr. Derrick S. Williams and am 48 years old, I am the Senior Head director to the Firm of BestWay Group (Bestwaygroup.co.uk ). I am here to brief and interview you more about the opening position, Please introduce yourself and indicate your Full Name and Location
im Alex

Oh Alright, ... Next would be the briefing on the Job and the company.I Advise you to read with care.Please follow the briefing and you can ask questions when am done with the interview. You are to reply with (DONE) once done reading and understanding every line. You are allowed to ask questions later Okay ?
ok

ABOUT US :
We are fully licensed, bonded and insured.You have five minutes to view the company's website and let me know once done : (Bestwaygroup.co.uk ) ..... Let me know once done Okay ?
done
SOOOOO FAKEEEEEEEE
Highlighted
Beware of JHA Marketing scam. Applied for office assistant through indeed. Got an email from their HR department saying the position has been filled but if I would consider a personal assistant position and sent a direct email to John Hamm to apply. This man is real this company is real, and from all my investinging he really works for this company, however I feel that the contract sent over as well as the coincidence of him being out of the country, no letter head, no phone number and the promise of sending money up front to “run errands". I’m not contacting them any further. If it sounds too good to be true it is!
Sep 4, 2018 Solution
Highlighted
It happened to me to..
How can I report this person to the police? They have Personal Identifiable Information and now I don't feel safe.

Thank you for your answers, you have successfully passed my checks and are now confirmed for this position congratulations. You will fill all necessary paperworks once I return, in the mean time I will send you details of errands for you to help me with this week (Pricing out items, I have pending house bills, flights and hotel bookings). I am very busy on this trip and only have wifi in my hotel or when i am in an office so i wouldn’t be reachable all the time.
Also i have few other questions -
Are you eligible to work in the United States?
Do You have any Criminal Records ? If yes specify
Are you under the age of 18, If Yes, do you have an employment/age certificate?
I will like to know how honest you are and how you can be trusted with funds?
How often do you check your email ?
Days/Hours Available: Hours Available: from ______ to ______
Confirm you will be available this week
I will send you a text and email once I have more details.

Add this email to your Email contact list, to ensure all my emails gets to your inbox.

Waiting to read from you.
Sep 5, 2018 Solution
Highlighted
Had multiple Scam emails sent to me, I'll list a few names (all that I can remember, reported most of them as "phishing scams" on my google email.)

Sun Sun group

Scolible technical services

Honey Pot Inc. (this one screwed me over, I had some shifts from my other job covered so I could commit to their "trial period", wasting my time, at least my finances are safe)

Tek Services (Never applied for this kind of job)

I hate these scams so much. I wish there was a fundamental way to keep these people off of indeed so us honest folk can receive legitimate work.
Sep 5, 2018 Solution
Highlighted
There is no Deep River Snack company here in the Springs area. They will tell you it’s a 40/hr position and will email you from a gmail account asking you to download google Hangout to hold an interview with a. “Drey Summons" person. Do not do it. I called the corporate office to confirm that it was a scam after noticing that an administrative assistant postioknpays 40/hr! They are scamming people into possible sex trafficking.
Sep 6, 2018 Solution
Highlighted
I almost quite my job thinking that I had found the dream job and they sent me a check that is still in the envelop (FedX) that they sent me because something did not fill right so I googled and found just about the exact conversation that we had and right now I just had today 9/10/2018 (two fraud job who are on google hangout so I just deleted the google hangout thing) I do not understand how people (scammers) feel it is okay to burst people bubbles and try to hurt them.
Sep 10, 2018 Solution
Highlighted
Highlighted
Don't fall for the personal assistant position, it's a scam. I received an email the other day, a company I actually applied for,and is a legitimate company,which is sad these scammers are praying on actual businesses, and they referred me to a "client" of theirs. So then I receive an email from an "Elizabeth Makan" Stating she is a retired attorney, 65 years old, travels frequently and is currently in Toronto traveling and is in search of a personal assistant to handle her finances and personal errands and bills. She kept using the word "clients" and then she said she is sending a check to my house money she got from one of her "clients" she got my address from my resume, which I never sent to her, so I know she got it from the "so called" legitimate company. I told her I never agreed to any of this and was uncomfortable with all of it, then she tried to ask me more questions in regards to do I have a criminal background, am I eligible to work in the US, my available hours, etc in which I told her I was not comfortable answering. Then she keeps emailing me saying I will start the job that day and she is sending a check to my house and she wants the funds to go into my account. I knew things were fishy when she dodged my questions to her and wouldn't provide any of her info like a phone #, and then she said she wants me to find her a business flight from Toronto to my town.
She claims to be sending a check to my house, which will be going straight to my buddies at the metro fraud department. I swear these people are pieces of scum. I hope someone reads my post, maybe I can help one person out there, I have seen so many posts on people falling for this exact scam and actually depositing the check and are dinged on their account for thousands of dollars.
Highlighted
Never deposit a check into your own bank account! SCAM

I had a very similar horrible experience as the owns listed in this forum. I applied to a position with "Boston Catering & Events" and they replied saying "Thank you for your interest in joining Boston Catering & Events, unfortunately this position has been occupied. However, we thought your resume was quite different and you might be suitable for a recent job opening at a partner’s firm. If you are interested , copy your resume to ***********." So I emailed my resume to this "Elizabeth Makan" and "she" claimed she was a 69 year old retired real estate attorney and she needed help shopping, home expenses and managing her funds.

As my first "task", she told me her client is sending me a check and to deposit it into my bank account and I did. In the meantime, she asked me to look up flights for her to come back home to Chicago from Canada. Then, told me to make a money orders to pay her premiums to a company called "SilverGray Services" located in Dallas, TX. The next day, I received an email from my bank saying that I had insufficient funds because the first initial check her "client" sent me was fraudulent. I lost $2485 that I did not even have. I went through with this whole scam thinking that I had an awesome job getting $780/week with benefits.

The job posting was still up for three whole days after. My boyfriend applied to see what would happened and they used the same exact script. IT IS DISGUSTING. They target people that are desperate for a job and a sense of belonging. Please always do your research and learn from my mistake. Good luck on your job searching.
Sep 17, 2018 Solution
Highlighted
Beware JH&A Marketing job scam!

Had no idea any of this was a thing. This one was really tricky because JH&A actually exists on the internet. There's a website, a FB page, Twitter. I didn't drive to the actual location but have tried calling the number on the website many times but only ever received a recorded message to leave a message. All email correspondence was through
jha-marketing.net address.

I was super suspicious and even googled any relevant info. to see what would come up - but didn't find this forum until I got further into it than I should have.

Lesson learned.
Sep 19, 2018 Solution
Highlighted
Highlighted
Responding to an ad at Indeed for Retail Analysis I was selected and received my assignment and the first-week from cheque drawn on a CIBC account. I was not convinced that cheque was good, so I had my BMO bank verify the cheque. I received a letter one week later stating that cheque could not be traced -
meaning it was bogus.

The cheque was issued on CIBC Bank at 301 St. Andrew Street W. Fergus Ontario N1M 2W7 by TM Consulting Services LLC, 735 Tower Street, Fergus Ontario N1M 2R2.

The person contacting me, at times signed in as John Flo and also John Snow, he was the Canadian Agent for Rodeo Enterprise® of Kansas, USA
Oct 5, 2018 Solution
Highlighted
Highlighted
I had a 2 hours phone interview for a job yesterday, it was not scheduled, they just called me, I checked the company name and I can't find it...I believe it was a scam, I'm not sure what they were looking for...very strange. Has it happened to anyone?
Dec 1, 2018 Solution
Highlighted
Front Office Receptionist
VIGILINT - Morrisville, NC

Not sure if someone hacked the system but the website for Vigilint actually has this position open, however I was contacted through Indeed from this person.....

Eric LECLERC <***********>
To:

Feb 5 at 5:52 AM

Hello and Good Morning,

Your position has been confirmed and will be working under my direct supervision as my personal assistant.

Duties will be but not limited to:
*Answering phones calls, make appointments and take messages when I'm away.
*Open, sort, and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail.
*Compile, copy, scan, sort, and file records of office activities.
*Book flights and help arrange accommodation when traveling.
*Running errands,shopping, supervisions and monitoring, scheduling programs, flights and keeping me up to date with my schedule.
*Make regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf.
*Handle Bill payments and monitor my financial activities.

About me:
My name is Eric Leclerc, I am 58 years old and my new office will be located about 15 miles away from your zip code. I'm a retired real estate broker and attorney. I have been a local and international successful entrepreneur and sometimes invest in the real estate market which makes me travel often within and outside the state working on various independent projects.

Currently, I am in Ottawa Canada meeting with partners. I will be back in 2 weeks to arrange a formal interview with you and for necessary paperwork.