Scam job

Highlighted
I received the same email today; luckily I have received a few of these already so I knew instantly that it was a scam. But what I found most amusing was that according to the email, he is a retired real estate broker who was an international entrepreneur. I figured if he was so important, I could Google him, right?

Eric LeClerc is a Canadian magician.

Beware the scammers, peeps...
Highlighted
Was contacted by Crescent Development Group and it was very clear that this was a scam based on the way the person spoke. I just received a call from indeed that my information was used to open an employer account. The interview was via Hangouts. I wish Indeed would do more to monitor this.
Highlighted
I’m so glad I checked this forum. I literally just got this email from a Jane Roberts after being referred by “her" associates Isenhour Homes for an assistant position. Here it is:

Thank you for getting back to me. This is a full time position but can also be part time, as you will be helping me and your duties will include but are not limited to; Running errands, shopping, supervisions and monitoring, scheduling programs, flights and keeping me up to date with my schedule. You will also act as an alternative telephone correspondence when I'm away, Make regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf, Handle and monitor my financial activities. I'm 65 years old and located about 15 miles away from your zip code. I'm a retired real estate attorney and I have been a local and international successful entrepreneur and sometimes invest in the real estate market which makes me travel often within and outside the state working on various independent projects. I will maintain a fair degree of flexibility in terms of working around your other commitments. I will provide clear set of instructions for each task I need done and sufficient funds to cover all errands. Currently, I am in Toronto meeting with partners. I will be back in 2 weeks to arrange a formal interview with you and for necessary paperwork. Please note that this position is not office-based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules. The hours vary as some weeks you will be busier than others and you also get to choose your own hours, but the pay stays constant. I have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will be within reach for me.
You will receive $780/week, health insurance, 401(k) plan and paid time off which we will discuss in further details when we meet. If you are interested fill the below to get started.

So grateful that I found this information because now some sicko has info about my job history!
Highlighted
Just had the same thing after applying it's a scam luckily did not give any info

Thank you for getting back to me. This is a full time position but can also be part time, as you will be  helping me and your duties will include but are not limited to;

Running errands, shopping, supervisions and monitoring, scheduling programs, flights and keeping me up to date with my schedule. You will also act as an alternative telephone correspondence when I'm away, Make regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf, Handle and monitor my financial activities. 

I'm 65 years old and located about 15 miles away from your zip code. I'm a retired real estate attorney and I have been a local and international successful entrepreneur and sometimes invest in the real estate market which makes me travel often within and outside the state working on various independent projects. 

I will maintain a fair degree of flexibility in terms of working around your other commitments. I will provide clear set of instructions for each task I need done and sufficient funds to cover all errands.

Currently, I am in Toronto meeting with partners. I will be back in 2 weeks to arrange a formal interview with you and for necessary paperwork. Please note that this position is not office-based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules. The hours vary as some weeks you will be busier than others and you also get to choose your own hours, but the pay stays constant. I have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will be within reach for me. 

You will receive $780/week, health insurance, 401(k) plan and paid time off which we will discuss in further details when we meet. If you are interested fill the below to get started. 
Mar 25, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
Tybee Theater and Pye Baker Fire and Safety sent me an email to forward my resume to 2 differernt e-mails (***********) and (***********) both send me the EXACT SAME E-MAIL! i have blocked both e-mails from messeging me.

Thank you for getting back to me. This is a full time position but can also be part time, as you will be helping me and your duties will include but are not limited to;
Running errands, shopping, supervisions and monitoring, scheduling programs, flights and keeping me up to date with my schedule. You will also act as an alternative telephone correspondence when I'm away, Make regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf, Handle and monitor my financial activities.
I'm 65 years old and located about 15 miles away from your zip code. I'm a retired real estate attorney and I have been a local and international successful entrepreneur and sometimes invest in the real estate market which makes me travel often within and outside the state working on various independent projects.
I will maintain a fair degree of flexibility in terms of working around your other commitments. I will provide clear set of instructions for each task I need done and sufficient funds to cover all errands.
Currently, I am in Toronto meeting with partners. I will be back in 2 weeks to arrange a formal interview with you and for necessary paperwork. Please note that this position is not office-based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules. The hours vary as some weeks you will be busier than others and you also get to choose your own hours, but the pay stays constant. I have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will be within reach for me.
Apr 11, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
I just got this email the other day. I applied for the Office Assistant job. The job was posted on Indeed 4 hours prior to me applying. The actual company “I applied to" is located nearby (come to find out the actual company wasn’t hiring at all). I got an email the same day telling me the job was filled. (the job was no longer listed on Indeed when I searched for it after reading the 1st email) I thought that was fast. They emailed me and told me I had skill sets that Ashley Bowen, who was their “top client," would be interested in, and they gave me Ashley’s email address to send her my resume. I thought it was strange. Why wouldn’t “they" forward the email themselves?!

I have the same two emails that people in this forum have posted repeatedly except for a minor few details:
“I'm 63 years old and located about 15 miles away from your zip code. I'm a retired real estate attorney and I have been a local and international successful entrepreneur and sometimes invest in the real estate market which makes me travel often within and outside the state working on various independent projects."

I should’ve googled the first email I received from them because that’s what lead me here. I only emailed “them" once. It got more strange after I received the second email and was told “I got the job." They didn’t do a background check or interview me. The questions they asked on the second email ,where they congratulated me for getting the job, which I haven’t responded because they were weird and unbelievable. This job is definitely a scam & The Better Business Bureau said it was as well. $780/week would’ve been nice though..
Apr 16, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
Responded to a job posted by Laurent Viger Construction. Was told that I did not receive the position, but that I should send my resume to ***********. They quickly responded to say, Dear Candidate (?!) I will be opening an office just 15 km from your postal code (what?!) and that I'm hired to be their personal assistant for $980/week. I've been applying for jobs every day for months and this was my first "hire". So angry.
Apr 30, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
Please be aware of fake job postings. I am happy I had some sense and called the actual place where I originally applied to, asking them if they referred me to someone else. They confirmed it was a fake posting and they have reported it. Yet, the email was from an indeed message board saying this ...
"Thanks for taking the time to apply with us for the advertised position with us. We have decided to move forward with a different applicant. We were also impressed with your skills and accomplishments. We believe you will be a good fit for a new job opening with one of our top clients.
Send your resume to *********** for details and consideration

Best Regards"

Of course, at the time I did not know. So I emailed that email to see what the job was about and this is what I got back....

"Dear Candidate,

Thanks for getting in touch with me. This is a full time position but can also be part time, as you will be helping me and your duties will include but are not limited to;
Currently, I am in Toronto meeting with partners. I will be back in 2 weeks to arrange a formal interview...

It goes on but I am running out room on here.
May 2, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
Got a job interview with a person through Telegram. The job offer was given to me right after the interview. But the entire interview was done through chat. Very sketchy!!

I searched and did find that there was such person in LinkedIn (no photo though)

After phoning the headquarter, they confirmed that there was no such person and all the interviews that they have done have to be in person or through phone at least.

I think the scammers are getting more sophisticated these days. Please be cautious if you are proceeding the interview with someone through chat on Telegram or Google where it could be hard to identify whom they are. Always do more intense research on them even calling the company where they claim they are from.
May 14, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
Be aware of job postings by Impact Networking LLC, i applied for a Graphic Design position by Impact Networking LCC less than 2 weeks ago, this job app was different as it redirected me to their Glassdoor page to provide a resume, cover letter, and portfolio website. I was later emailed the next day of qualifying and an online interview via Google Hangout chats would be scheduled. I went through with the interview, and at the end of the interview after a 30 min wait was told i was the top qualifying candidate for the job. Later informed training would be $20/hr and fulltime would be $40/hr and that i would be working from home. They then listed the apple laptop, software and other certain office equipment to setup my home office. And lastly, they would send out a check to purchase all the equipment. I received the check this past Saturday (5/11/19) and deposited the check. Few days later my checking account is put on a hold, and this morning the check was deposited and returned, overdrawing my account into the negative. Right away, i called my bank and they informed of this type of scam, they were able to fix my account.

Be careful out there everyone! I was weary right when they mentioned the hourly pay and then the sending of check for equipment made me even more suspicious. I informed my wife about the initial hiring and she asked around and everyone said it looked legit.
May 15, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
Highlighted
This happened to me this morning and I'm still a little shaken up by it. I can usually spot these things right off but I guess my guard was down. They used Google Hangouts for the interview and hired me on the spot for a Photographer job. Which is what I do. They were going to send a check via email and wanted me to use it to get the software, etc. that I would need at Walmart or CVS. That's where I grew very suspicious. I didn't give out any more than my full name and address.
May 16, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
Add Blum Capital - Richmond, VA to the list that is part of this scam. I have already reported them to Indeed.com

They told me the spot was filled and to email ***********

Then got the

Thank you for getting back to me. This is a full time position but can also be part time, as you will be helping me and your duties will include but are not limited to;

Currently, I am in Toronto meeting with partners. I will be back in 2 weeks to arrange a formal interview with you and for necessary paperwork. Please note that this position is not office-based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules. The hours vary as some weeks you will be busier than others and you also get to choose your own hours, but the pay stays constant. I have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will be within reach for me.

You will receive $780/week, health insurance, 401(k) plan and pa
Highlighted
Highlighted
i applied a freelance graphic designer at Eastman Kodak Co.
they replied and wanna schedule an interview thru Google HangOut with HR Danielle (Dany) Atkins. I went thru the whole email respond interview back and forward for about 5 hours....
Then i got the below email said i got the job $40 per hour, pay bi weekly, set up my mini office in 3-5 days, buy office supplier, and email my info to ***********

i got excited at 1st, but then my husband raises up some suspicion. So i look up the domains with whois tool, result, the domains just purchase a day ago. Now i emailed back and ask for their website, We'll see what they come out with
Jun 3, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
Scam scam scam! I had "Carolyn Varner". Here's what happened to me:
-Applied for office assistant
-Same day reply, position was filled internally
-She is an "associate" of the company. No one at that company has heard of her.
-outlook email address. Employers will always email you from their company email. If they have a website they have a company email.
-No signature or phone number in the email.

I wasnt thrown off by the pay because I normally get paid a little more than that.
Jun 20, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
For now theres another company where in Google is nonexistent is called
Metro Safety T&P, INC
Located in 71-34 Austin St Forest Hills, NY
The building has no brand nor anything and is under construction.

They offered me a $19hr wage job as a security guard.
They cashed me out $150 as security deposit for SG training, fingerprint and 8PRE 16OJT and License. but i saw its $600 which i dont want to pay the rest. Far as I know its cheaper in other sites, and I want to cancel this contract tomorrow.

Far as i see the comments
AVOID ANY METRO NAME AT ALL COSTS!
They always ask you for money before hire!!!
Highlighted
I was contacted by a recruiter named Alexandra Morgan saying she had a match for my resume for a stay at home position. She first texted me asking if I was interested in the position and offered a very high pay. She then "scheduled" an online interview via the Google Hangouts app. Email - ***********. I've Googled, and researched for 2 days. Same thing as most people on here. They've offered to mail me a large check to buy supplies from vendors. After reading online I see this is a common thing for these scammers. I'd like to report to the company Capgemini that scammers are posting fake positions for this company.
Jun 26, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
Hi, I received the same exact email, under *********** she asked for my name address phone and email too. I replied back, giving them my address name phone and address attaching my resume to it. Then I received a reply saying she needed more information “Thank you for your answers, you have successfully passed my checks and are now confirmed for this position congratulations. You will fill all necessary paperworks once I return, in the mean time I will send you details of errands for you to help me with next week (Pricing out items, I have pending house bills, flights and hotel bookings).
Also i have few other questions -
Are you eligible to work in the United States?
Do You have any Criminal Records ? If yes specify
Are you under the age of 18, If Yes, do you have an employment
Jul 12, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
They told me the spot was filled and to email ***********

Then got the

Running errands, shopping, supervisions and monitoring, scheduling programs, flights and keeping me up to date with my schedule.

I answered these other questions, what do I do?? Should I be concerned about something?? my identity being stolen??? I did not give my bank account or ssn info.

“Are you eligible to work in the United States?
Do You have any Criminal record
Are you under the age of 18, If Yes, do you have an employment/age certificate?
I will like to know how honest you are and how you can be trusted with funds?
How often do you check your email ?
Days/Hours Available: Hours Available: from ______ to ______
Confirm you will be available Next week"
Jul 12, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
I have been here reading since over 2hrs ago, is like most of us have the same issue with scam online I got virtually all the scam emails you guys got, I try everything possible to look for job online but after some many luck I got lucky to find some website wish am going to share their link on here for whoever that is interested to make some money while you look for regular job this site am about to share we definitely playbills
you will have the opportunity to make more than $500 a week on this site bit.ly/2YYHsUl
Referral Policy
this we also give you more than $500 bit.ly/2LP1Jrp
in a week you can also try this out bit.ly/2xL6nhU

also on this site bit.ly/2xLdPJW please try them out and start making money
Jul 13, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
I had a "company" email me after receiving my Application on indeed.com. He gave me an email for hangouts so I went on it, when he asked for a copy of my DL to verify who I was b/c he sent me a copy of "his" I told him no he tells me I'm making a big mistake and the 1st person to refuse. 3 days later "Oticon" emailed me for a hangouts ntrvw for Data entry $35/hr 5 nights/wk 4hrs/day. After 15 questions he got my address to overnight a check for "materials " that I was spsd to deposit only at the ATM or chk by phone app. Of course I went inside my bank WF (of course they sent me a B Of A check b/c I told him who I bank with. I text him my bank is holding it for a few days and after 3 hrs (b4 he was replying within minutes) he replies back for a copy of my deposit slip, of course I didn't keep it or get it so he says let him know when it clears and they'll give me next steps... Supposedly I'll get new hire paperwork Monday... Yeah I'll wait for it
Jul 20, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
I am reading this thread of conversation and really amazed at how very close to the line of reality these scammers are. I have worked as an independent consultant. Google hangouts via messaging is very common for two reasons. 1. It allows the person doing the interviewing to have a very clear and accurate record of the communication which is often forwarded to the person who will be your supervisor and 2. It's the habit/common of all virtual office systems to keep communication records through both email and open chats.

I have been hired many times without having talked to or met a client who in most cases is located in another state. Clients will often give me the option of direct deposit, cash app or a check. I mostly accept checks as it easier for my book keeping system. I have never had a problem.

All very normal business practices. Then I come here and read how similar all these posts are, and how similar to my own experiences without it being a scam. That being said I have never had my information on a public job site and I appreciate all the experiences shared to sharpen my awareness skills. Thanks
Jul 27, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
I applied for a executive assistant position and it was a SCAM! Be careful when applying for assisting jobs.
After getting the email I did my research from the website the person provided - No social media handles - googled the names of the "team members" and found similar websites with their SAME face but different names. WATCH OUT ! Almost had me fooled.

---
Dear Adrienne,

Thanks for your email about your interest in the Executive Assistant position. You have a thrilling personality from your resume, and you are a better fit for the job. Its part-time Executive/personal assistant work, the position is home-based and flexible (You can be in any location to carry out any of the activities). My name is Arnaud Marthouret, and I am an architectural photographer, motivational speaker and a lecturer. I make portraits and cover all types of meetings, conferences, events, and festivities, usually on assignment. I bring a unique teaching style to students which guarantee creative and fun to learn by all student photographers. When I can, I travel, capturing some of the most beautiful places in the world.
Photography, for me, is all about the aesthetic. I like to create beautiful images. And I find beauty everywhere, especially in the imprint of life on peoples faces and the landscape. I tell stories through my pictures. I especially love the nuances of black and white imagery.

I will be glad to read back from you with your interest in the job offer or otherwise.
Best Regards,
Arnaud Marthouret
Email: ***********

Brief Parts of the email* There was more indicating that he is out of town and will meet me next week. Will pay for all my supplies needed for the home office job plus $800 a week for 20 hours?!! Direct Deposit payments?! Very FISHY!!!
Highlighted
Hi "beehive009" - I nearly fell for this one! My husband and I both googled Arnaud and found two websites and an Instagram. It all seemed fairly legitimate, though I was proceeding with caution. I didn't provide any information that wasn't already on my resume and became really suspicious when I received an email on Thursday telling me I was starting work on Tuesday (today). I never accepted a job offer and made it clear that I would not agree to any work without a face-to-face meeting and signed contract, giving this person the benefit of the doubt.

Today, a FedEx package arrived at my house and I received instructions by email. Needless to say, I will not be opening the package. I will phone FedEx to request a pick-up when I get home. My husband has already contacted the police and they said we would need to file a report in person.

I decided to send an email to the real Arnaud Marthouret through the email address on his studio's website. I promptly received an automatic replying stating he is on vacation until mid-August and, unlike every other email I have received, there was a professional email signature on this one. Furthermore, a text I received from "Arnaud" this morning was from a toll-free number. A previous text came from a Toronto area code that is different from the one on the website and in the email signature.

Lesson learned!
Aug 6, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
I just received this:

Thanks for reaching out and you’re correct in thinking this is a spam. I am aware of the situation as several other people have contacted me about it. Do no reply or engage with “them" in any way. I am not sure at this point what the scam is but it looks like they’re trying to rid you of your hard earned money somehow. This is being reported to fraud Canada and you’re encouraged to do the same on your end.

Good luck!
Aug 6, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
Highlighted
I Definitely would like to hold Indeed accountable for allowing scammers on there website that us job seekers are now being scammed that’s just crazy... to me. 2 people already have tried scamming me. 2 people from different companies was trying to mail me a check to cash in my personal account and send the money to them. I feel I would not be in this vulnerable situation if I did not post my resume on line with indeed. And these people contacted me they reached out to me offering me a job. So they must of got my information off indeed who should be held accountable... please advice
Aug 24, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
Vanessa Johnson and Brenda Schultz with Teacher Crated Materials are not real people! The position is fake. Horizon Construction Co. in GA isn’t real and Golan Properties, LC in TX isn’t real either. I fell for this and gave them my address. I didn’t cash the check because I was notified by Indeed, but I’m scared they may come to my house. I should’ve seen the signs, but I’m a fresh college grad and I was qualified for the position, so eagerly, I fell for it. KNOW THE SIGNS like poor grammar and no interview required! ALWAYS do a background check on these people. If you can’t find any info on LinkedIn or the company’s website, it’s illegitimate. It broke my heart because I’ve been unsuccessfully job hunting for a while now, and I turned down two other FT positions for this one. Don’t make the same mistake as me.
Sep 20, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
Please watch out for a posting for CADC/LCADC Credentialed Counselors for Shady Rest Residential Facility in Mt. Laurel. I received an email that was clearly a phishing attempt requesting all type of personal in for prior to scheduling an interview, including a copy of my social security card. Yea, ok. Correspondence was sent from a hotmail account NOT a legit company. DON'T APPLY HERE and if you receive an email DONT SEND ANYTHING! It is clearly a scam and indeed needs to remove it!
Sep 26, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
Yes, I just received this same message but the name was James Davis. I contacted the local lawyers office that had posted the receptionist position, and the job posting was legitimate however no one works there with that name. The email I received is identical to this one, so thank you for posting!
Oct 1, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
Last week I was hired to work for Nutanix, a truly awesome IT company to work for paying 30.75 an hour to do data entry. They caused Red flags immediately asking if I had money available to load on an Amazon gift card to purchase software for a MacBook they are sending me along with a check to set up a small office. They emailed a check to me today to print, endorse and deposit thru my mobile banking app. I'm going to play with them for a week and con them into meeting me to give the a few grande. When we do meet up I will show them what happens when you mess with the wrong desperate man. Poor guy won't mess with another. Tickedofftalent
Oct 4, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
October 30 2019
Alert**

Job scam-

The website looks legit, but the number always rings busy.
experrior.com
587-four. zero. Four. Zero Four. Four. one.

I have seen other people posting similar job scams,

email below*
My name is Mia Castro and i am a human resource manager at Experrior
Logistics Inc. On behalf of our company i am very pleased to inform
you, that you were selected for a screening process and a chance to
apply for a Payment manager position in your area. This is a highly
demanding position with a great career growth and advancement
opportunity. I am attaching a "Application Form" and a "Payment
Manager– Inbound Operations" file to this letter which overviews the
main functions and responsibilities of this position.

Job offer: Payment Manager
Company: Experrior Logistics Inc.
Type of employment: Part time, Full time, Trial Period (All are
available)

Experience: Entry level
Industry: International Logistics Service
Full-Time Salary: $32.80 | Part-Time Salary: $28.50

If you feel you are qualified for this opportunity, please submit an
attached "Application Form" and send it back to us. We will let you
know if your qualification is suitable for our company, as soon your
application will be received or if there are any mistakes in this
application as well. Individuals seeking employment are considered
without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin,
ancestry, gender, gender identity or expression, age, marital or
domestic partner status, citizenship status, sexual orientation,
disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local
laws, regulations or ordinances.
Oct 30, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
Another SCAM site is Dream jobs.com. They are just trying to get contact info and although valid company names the advertised job never comes up. So when I see these sites - they all have a similar look - is make up a nice offensive email address and fake phone number just to send my own msg
Nov 1, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
Scammers ask you to do a survey or your bank account.Recently someone texted me and claimed he is Dr.Jameson Parker. He did not say what company or attached link to "the job". Then someone sent me an email by name Emilia Bettina <@gmail.com> :Thank you for your interest in our open position.We are excited for the opportunity to learn more about you.We are official partner with a Survey company. To be able to continue we need you to complete a company survey. You will be asked only a few questions so we know more about your ***********.Dear Job Applicant, I received your email in respect of my job advert, thank you for your interest. I have reviewed your email and you have been selected as a potential candidate for a Office assistant/Personal Assistant position pending background checks.I am a Doctor by PhD and I have been a well known and respected identity in the Marine and sub sea construction industry since the establishment of Rangers offshore and since this firm is a large and complex one in which various department are actually involved for example, Our Children care and home support department is growing expeditiously. but I will have to streamline my personality to this few now and after which you will get all necessary details about me as time goes on.Qualifications:Highly organized,Excellent oral and written communication skills,Reliable and dependable,Ability to multi-task and work independently,Available position, Office assistant/Personal Assistant.Type: Part-TimeHours: 20 Hours per week.Weekly Pay: $650.00.The job is flexible and can be completed at your convenient time, it can be done during your break-time.BENEFITS: AD & D Insurance,401(k).Willing to take this job position, reconfirm your information to us for background check. :FULL NAMES :ADDRESS :APT OR SUITE NO CITY STATE :ZIP CODE :CELL # :HOME# :EMAIL :PRESENT OCCUPATION :BANK NAME : (For payment and salary purposes)
Regards,
Dr. Jameson Parker.
Nov 11, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
Highlighted
I got an email from ARD Alliance as well and I am pretty sure its a scam since I never applied to them, you literally can't find anything online about them, and the job literally sounds too good to be true. Fulltime, $25/hr to start then $30/hr after 30 days, Mon-Fri 9-5 with all weekends and holidays off? And all this for someone who doesn't have admin assistant experience.

Yeah, gotta be a scam
Nov 15, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
I received a smiliar email like the one below. It sounded fishy when he asked for all this extra information that was on my resume. Glad I didn't respond. Here is his text.
Thank you for your application, your resume was received and i must say i am impressed. Your position will be confirmed and your duties will include but are not limited to;

some more text...

My name is Nathan Grossberg. I'm a retired civil engineer and I have been a local and international successful entrepreneur, I presently deal into Forex Trading which deals with Stock Exchange.

The pay is $550 weekly and you can get to work at your flexible hours as this means this won’t affect your present job already if you have one.

If you are interested, get back to me with the following information below:
Full Name :
Address (P.O box Not allowed):
Apt #:
City:
State:
ZipCode:
Mobile (For SMS):
Current Occupation :
Email :

I understand most of the information requested is in your resume already but i am asking again so
Nov 21, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
New Job Scam Email - copay and man are real, email is not. I have reported them to Indeed.

Dear Candidate,

We successfully reviewed your resume and it has been approved for interview by Sodexo Inc for the position of ( Graphic Designer ).
Contact Mr Sebastien Godet email : (***********) to schedule your interview anytime from now am to 6 pm.
Note: Text Question & Answer Chat interview vie google Hangout ID: (***********)

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Human Resources Department
Sodexo Inc.

Freshteam , Applicant Tracking System powered by Freshworks Inc.
Dec 12, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted

Beware. There is also a MetLife scam involving Hangouts. The interviewer provides convincing details such as job descriptions and references the BBB. Requests answers to some good job interview questions. Then comes back with a job offer after submitting your responses to HR. After that they ask for personal info. I stopped there. No surprise to find this is BULL**********. 

Dec 19, 2019 Solution
Highlighted
Highlighted

THIS IS ALSO A SCAM

PERSONAL ASSISTANT JOB

(Company and  is real, but job is fake)

Hello,
  I urgently need the services of an assistant who is honest and hardworking. I'm a Younique presenter and distributor with large client base, you can check my website out  https://www.youniqueproducts.com/LoisBeautyBar#.XTYqtEexXIXand youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX1VEYpkhi4YvD7jbOFRrrQ you should subscribe and watch some of my videos. I have a video of me applying some of the products you would receive. ..
      If you accept my offer, I will need you to take charge of my mail pick ups and drop offs. This job involves you receiving Younique beauty products, repacking in a new box and having it shipped to my prospective clients. This position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, it's a part-time, work from home basis and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others, so it's a little difficult judging the exact number of hours you'll be doing per week. If you can manage your time properly, this job may even give you some extra while you do something else on the side.
      Permit me to use the first week to test your efficiency and diligence towards all this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job, I'm confident you can take up the challenge and on the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship. I will pay for the first week in advance to run errands, and will also have the beauty products shipped to a nearby post office where you can pick them from. All expenses and taxes will be covered by me and you are to work for just 3 days per week (2 to 3 hours max daily).
      I am camping at the moment with my Fiance and I will be back in 2 weeks so we can formally meet and discuss about the possibility of making this arrangement long term if I'm satisfied with your performance. I am willing to pay $550 weekly including gas and others expenses. That is not a bad offer is it? If you're interested reply this email so we can get started. I will be needing your service immediately, so once the information above is received, I will request your first week payment be mailed to you along with the pay to run errands for me. Regards, Lois.

THIS IS A SCAM

Feb 8, 2020 Solution
Highlighted

For all who use Indeed and all their advertising they do on TV boasting its the go to site why are so many questioning the practices of job posters on Indeed? 

Perhaps Indeed is not all that cracked up to be anymore than Craigslist? 

People know the reputation of Craigslist with scams however, it seems Indeed is not much better only repackaging Craigslist Ads under Indeed brand? 

Though out of curiosity one wonders just how many jobseekers actually got jobs with Indeed vs Careerbuilder or Monster or Craigslist? 

Feb 22, 2020 Solution
Highlighted

Textron Aviation Orlando Service Center
Thank you for taking the time to apply for this position. We have decided to move forward with another applicant.

We were quite impressed with the skills, accomplishments and we believe you will be a good fit for a job opening with a top clients of ours.

Send your resume to ****** for more details and consideration

Best Regards

Feb 27, 2020 Solution
Highlighted

Thanks for getting in touch with me. This is a full time position but can also be part time, as you will be  helping me and your duties will include but are not limited to;

I'm 62 years old and located about 15 miles away from your zip code. I'm a retired real estate attorney and I have been a local and international successful entrepreneur and sometimes invest in the real estate market which makes me travel often within and outside the state working on various independent projects. 

Currently, I am in Toronto meeting with partners. I will be back in 2 weeks to arrange a formal interview with you and for necessary paperwork. Please note that this position is not office-based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules. The hours vary as some weeks you will be busier than others and you also get to choose your own hours, but the pay stays constant. I have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will be within reach for me. 

Full Name : 

Full Address : 

Apt #: 

City/State/ZipCode: 

Mobile (For SMS): 

Current Occupation : 

Email : 

Best Regards

Sharon Watson

This message and any attachments transmitted with it are intended only for the

designated recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.

Any review, copying, distribution or other use of, or taking of any action in

reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the designated

recipient(s) is prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please

contact the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your system.

Feb 27, 2020 Solution