Indeed Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam/Texts regarding a posistion

Lately, I'm getting text messages about a position that I may have applied for on this site. But the odd thing is these texts are coming from a 510 area code in CA. I'm on the east coast. I'm assuming these are garbage and not responding. It would seem more legit to me if I was approached by email or a direct call.

Here's an example... "Hello and how are doing Mr XXX XXXXXX. I am XXXX the personnel manager/COO of the firm XXXXX. Your resume has been viewed and forwarded to our head dept. Reply back with (YES I AM) if you are interested!"

How secure is our information on Indeed?
Highlighted
Lately, I'm getting text messages about a position that I may have applied for on this site. But the odd thing is these texts are coming from a 510 area code in CA. I'm on the east coast. I'm assuming these are garbage and not responding. It would seem more legit to me if I was approached by email or a direct call.

Here's an example... "Hello and how are doing Mr XXX XXXXXX. I am XXXX the personnel manager/COO of the firm XXXXX. Your resume has been viewed and forwarded to our head dept. Reply back with (YES I AM) if you are interested!"

Feb 18, 2017 Solution by original poster
Highlighted

Feb 18, 2017 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
I wonder if this is related to another "Yes" scam I've heard about lately... someone you don't know calls you about something and asks whether you can hear them clearly. When you answer "Yes," they somehow use that as you giving them permission to sign you up for some scam service.

Can you hear me scam:
www.clark.com/can-you-hear-me-phone-scam-warning-hang-up

Even if your example isn't a "can you hear me" scam, I still think it's a scam.
Feb 20, 2017 Solution by original poster
Highlighted

Hello,

We do not provide anyone with your contact information. We only provide a potential employer with your information if you specifically apply to a job that you saw on our site and it is labeled "easily apply to this job."

If you believe that a job you applied to might be the one texting you, please contact us via http://www.indeed.com/support/contact and we'll investigate it further. And for more information about safe searching, please visit this article on our Help Center: go.indeed.com/CGK966

Take care,
Indeed Host
www.indeed.com/help
Feb 21, 2017 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
I got a text from a 510 number today about a job. Was then told to download google hangouts to go through the interview process and went through an entire interview with someone from a supposed company about a job I applied for. The interviewer stated this was for a work from home position with Ryan Companies. Can anyone help me determine in this is a scam?
Jun 24, 2017 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
I wouldn't trust anyone who uses Google Hangout to do job interviews.

Ryan Companies is a real place with good Glassdoor reviews, but there are also internet posts about a Ryan Companies scam in the UK. Scammers can use real company names.

I just wouldn't trust it... but then, I'm not going to deal with any employer who won't meet me in person for an interview.

If they send you a check from them to pay for your equipment, and ask that you return any leftover cash, you'll know it's a scam.
Jun 24, 2017 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Someone tried to get me with the Google Hangout interview scam today. Get a text out of the blue from 617 area code, asks me to confirm my name. No introduction, no pleasantries, just - Is this John?" The person claimed to be "Ms. SO and SO ,JD, the Hiring manager to The Colony Group company" (sic). Right off I'm suspect, but I decide to ask about the position. She replies with a laundry list of job titles, everything from management to data entry to payroll clerk. And that sealed it for me. Searched for interview scam, saw this thread, and confirmed my suspicions.
Sep 13, 2017 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
I got a text from a California number. The number asked if this was my name. I didn't respond because I had one like this before and demanded to know where they obtained my information. They replied indeed.com. Anyway, the text claimed to be a person that was working for a financial firm. I googled both the name and the company. I even called the number and there was a voice message. I didn't leave a message. I blocked and deleted the number. They register the number with a text app. I registered my phone on the Do Not Call registry. This is the low of the low.
Sep 18, 2017 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
This is the text message that I got today:

Hello Good Day. I am Mr. Jerry Nathan From ( Indeed Recruitment Team ).. Our HR Dept has reviewed your resume published on Indeed. Your resume has been reviewed and Approved. You have been scheduled for an interview. Reply back if interested for more details on the job position. Thank you.

Assuming it's a scam and won't be replying.
Oct 5, 2017 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Hello, If you have concerns about the legitimacy of a communication that claims to have come from Indeed, please feel free to contact us at www.indeed.com/support/contact. In this case, the message did not come from Indeed and you were right not to reply. Take care, Indeed Host www.indeed.com/help
Oct 6, 2017 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
(This may be long cause we've been corresponding for 4 days) So I got a text from a 508# offering me the caregiver position. Click on another email to get job details. So I Reversed the # which the location is New Orleans. So here is the paste of the email received:
Thanks for taking interest for our caregiver job on indeed.com. I'm dave Walker, happily married and blessed with one daughter. My wife's name is Sarah.We are relocating from Canada.I recently got a contract with a company on a private research job. However,We are Seeking kind and patient caregiver to assist a pleasant woman (my mother in-law, Mrs Emily) who has dementia and anxiety with all aspects of daily living, including:
- companionship
- personal care and grooming
- appointment reminders
We will be staying for 12 months (November 2017 - October 2018) We will be arriving in the USA in the 1st week in November,2017.The caregiver should have a patient and caring attitude,enjoy music,walking and chatting with seniors,have strong English langitge skills.

If I may ask, in Which area or city suburb do you live in?

We are offering you $320 a week ($20 per hr). Your services will be needed 4 hours for 4 days a week. I know you must be a very busy person and would have clients you are working for at the moment but kindly look into your schedule and see which days of the week you would prefer to work. Four hours each day.Will be awaiting your response.
At first I was excited had a flag raised, But disregarded it. Responded with hours of availability city state.
Day 2response:
I really appreciate you deciding to work for us. We will be arriving in town on November 1st,I hope you'll be glad to meet us. You can begin work as from 1st week in November, let me know if this suits you. Morning shifts will be from 10am - 2pm and evening shift is 4pm - 8pm, let me know which of the shifts will be most convenient for you and any four days you will be available.
Day2 continued in next post
Oct 18, 2017 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
I got a very detailed email about a job. The website is www.Technoplan-st.com. The full name is Technoplan System Technology. They claim to be located in Tokyo, somewhere in Germany, and Pennsylvania. The HR department that contacted me is located in PA. They stated they would be putting a building in Atlanta, GA in December and were hiring project managers. They did not say where they found my resume so I'm posting in several places. My angst comes from not being able to see a true virtual presence. They are meticulous; and there is a brochure on their website that seems a little I tried to call two of the well-known companies they claimed to do business with: Caterpillar said they had no way to know if the claim was true because of disjointed accounts payable systems and I haven't heard from the second one yet. Anyway, they hired me from a phone interview. Although my resume perfectly fits, and the website, though crude, seems realistic, because they claim to be top of its class internationally, I can't find anything about them anywhere. It's creeping me out a little that I can't google them and get mounds of information. They offered me the job, and I would be on probation one month before knowing if I passed training and became eligible to become permanent. It pays well; I expected them to want to see me in person. Maybe the training is how they truly weed people out... Have you heard anything about this group?
Oct 25, 2017 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
I did a little research of my own. They seem to be a real company, based out of Germany, where they show up in large trade fair brochures and as lessors for industrial equipment for major projects. Their actual name is Technoplan System technik GmbH, which would explain why they don't show up on English-language Google searches and why their website has some wonky English on it.

They might be "top of their class" internationally but the class of heavy mining equipment leasing companies is pretty small. It's easy to be top three when there are only two competitors.
Oct 26, 2017 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
SCAM! That website was created on October 10th of this year! Try running it through a who.is website and you'll see that for yourself. Were you interviewed through Google Hangouts? Are they trying to send you a check for "supplies."? Did they talk to you on the phone?
Highlighted
It's a real company.. but are the people she's talking to the REAL company, or scammers pretending to be with that company. Just because somebody says they are with a company, doesn't mean they are.

This looks to be Technoplans website: www.technoplan-schalungen.de/

This does not: www.technoplan-st.com/index.php

I might be wrong, maybe they just made that website and really do have a location in Atlanta! All I'm saying is, treat it with a healthy dose of skepticism! Call the PA office they supposedly have.
Highlighted
Hey unsure in Georgia, skeptical in Texas is correct call and ask for human resources and verify other locations. If it turns out to be I'm sorry for you b/c like you and all of us we sincerely want to work. The kind act that comes from this is.. You've made them aware of the scam!
Highlighted
Highlighted
I received a message from a 804 number. They asked me if I was interested in the job knowing that it was something fake I wrote something funny somebody replied and asked me if I was being silly. So I replied with I don't know what this is can you give me information. They wrote out a bunch of information and told me to contact this person on Google Hangout. Me being bored I did and went along and listen to the information. Three things popped out that were very interesting. First day I had a five-minute interview over a text messaging app and received the job. Two once receiving the job they told me they was going to send me a check at a MacBook Air just to do the job. Me being a former supervisor knew this was all wrong because the interview lasts at least a half an hour and also you don't work for anybody until you fill out tax information and an application. When they offered to send me the money they asked for my address but not my ID. So if I decided to double scam them by telling the wrong name and address they would have no way of retrieving their money back if it was real. Once I did receive the check I was told it was supposed to be for 3500 but the check was actually for 4900. I asked what the check was for and the person said it was to buy software to go on the MacBook. Pause wait and I think about it if you were to send me a Macbook what you have all the software already installed on it instead of sending me a check. My first thought is if you send me the MacBook with everything on it you can easily track the MacBook through GPS AZ on it that would sound more realistic. So once I called them out for being a scam he quickly said if you don't believe me you will be able to contact some information. The information given to me was not correct so I did my own research. They said they was American International Group AIG but they were also affiliated with star health insurance. After about an hour of Googling I found n called n this is a scam
Oct 31, 2017 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Hi,

I'm in california i got the same email. they asked me for the same info. although it says it can only take a credit card. I told them I don't want to proceed that way and they said they would come up with an alternative. seems kinda strange. I couldn't find anything on them either. Any updates?
Nov 2, 2017 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Ok I too am enrolled in the training. I am wondering the grading everyone else is getting because I am putting a lot of effort into this and I have been laid off from oil and gas for 2 years. I am getting As now if everyone is getting the same I am going to wonder as well. Also- everything being sent addresses etc are vacant for lease buildings... they have not asked me for any id- social etc or banking info. And also told me they will be conducting face to face interviews in the next couple weeks. I am in Houston. Also- they are aware of this posting and they came put and told me they are working to get the negative and incorrect Scam notice on INDEED removed. I just don't know where to go or who to ask now. Very frustrating and if this is truly a scam ... beyond low preying on people who are already down. I am a business professional am part of me says top good to be true however I have also done remote work where I am paid similarly thus my dilemma. Any updates from others experiencing the same things are greatly appreciated.
Nov 3, 2017 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
I think we are all in the same boat: very professional but aware that there are some unusual things about this. Since you know that they are aware of this forum, did they give any information indicating this is not a scam? Just having it removed is not the answer. I will post a 2nd time this afternoon after a physical investigation of the site. Hmmm, I wonder how they learned about the forum???
Highlighted
I have also reported to Indeed to see if they are able to dig deeper than we are. Here is what they said in regards to scam...

There are at least 4 Technoplan companies in Europe, so I am not sure which one did you contact.
Also, the web-site is brand new and we've opened it for US Division. The office in PA is currently being sold to other company as we are in process of relocating to your area.
Yes, we have 15 candidates now and we send same message over and over again.
Finally, on Nov. 15th our managers will be in your area and on Nov. 17th we'll be launching final class.
We are aware of a bogus article on Indeed web-site, it will be removed shortly.
And we will be glad to meet with you in person.
If you are able to meet before we start, that will be great.
Please, advise.

Truly is unsettling and most likely a scam but again in my boat I have to take a chance as if they are trying to take my credit... joke is on them have fun with my 457 sad unemployed credit score... things have gone down a slide for me with no work for 2 years. I'll keep everyone posted on my end and appreciate all of your comments and feedback as well.
Highlighted
Ok all sorry for all the multiple posts however wanted to let everyone know I contacted the 1735 Market office security- they never heard of the company - Eli or Shay. They did tell me that a company called ServeCorp leases out their space and provided me with their number
267 first part
507 second part
6100 last part
I spoke to Lien (sp) gave her all the details and she said she would look- as they lease to 100s of people - and get back to me with the answer. I'll let everyone know as soon as I hear anything but the red flags are flying.....
Highlighted
Thanks Sunshine for the info. Please update us as soon as you get a response from Lien. They asked to wire money to my credit card and buy gift cards worth of $19,000 and send the PIN code. Plus they keep changing their words daily. Before they told me to buy the laptops and they will get a warehouse to store the equipment now they are saying they couldn't find a warehouse and I need to buy gift cards of 2K each. Very scary. Please let me know if you get any updates. Thanks
Highlighted
To quell your curiosity, I'm sure everyone is getting As. LOL I have a development with them, and I'm trying to get them to confirm something. Their answer will keep me from driving clear across the metro area to confirm the location... I'll get back later.
Highlighted
guys so i am still going along with the cases, i was wondering what number case is everyone working on ?

I would tell them to issue a credit card on their name on the contract it stated that we are independent contractors therefore wiring money or depositing money to our own card would simply be in the form of compensasion not to buy equipment for the company.
I reccomend that everyone deny doing the extra projects as it is their responsiblity to get the equipments and as stated on their website they have "3000" employees so i do not think it should be difficult for them to buy office supplies. Finally when i tried to call the PA office it goes straight to voice mail. If it is indeed a genuine job it has been very unprofessional. I still have a slight glimmer of hope that it is a legiment company, however if its not everyone should report it to their local police. No one should give out their bank info
did anyone get a call from Eli ?
Highlighted
Guys everyone who are currently doing the cases i have created an instagram
wengerout1994
Everyone on probation add me on this account if by chance they manage to take this forum down
We can have discussions through instagram and keep it confidential i guess they could take down the forum it is not very difficult to take one down
Highlighted
Highlighted
I have yet to hear from Eli... Shay called me she sounded French. Her questions were very vague and only took about 7 to 10 mins - then Eli started with the communication.. they have not asked me about any purchases yet tho. I think for my case study today I will give incorrect answers and see if I still.get an A. That will be a dead ringer... is everyone else getting A's too???
Highlighted
Highlighted
So I received a text today. Mind you, it is 10pm on a Friday night. Started off with a text saying:
"Hello is this *********?"
I replied with "yes who is this?".
They replied with "I'm Mr Jones Parker from the firm Ansaldo Energia!. Your career resume posted on (www.indeed.com) was reviewed for the position // Administrative Assistant, Call center yesterday// and posted to our head of department .Reply Back if Interested."

Ok first of all, Ansaldo Energia is a company in Italy, not anywhere in the U.S. I do not recall applying to such a job. So I responded with a yes.

This person then went on to say "I believe you have a gmail address account to proceed with job interview and briefing now?"

I responded with "I’m sorry but it is very late and I am not home seeing as it is a Friday night. I can be available to do so another time and would also like to know if there is an official website that I can look at in regards to the company. Thank you.

They said "Alright contact me tomorrow 8am est"

Again I asked for an official website and they never responded.
How incredibly fake is this!! It's 10 pm on a Friday night! You don't just text someone that late and ask for an interview at that moment. I was home, not out, but I knew it was a scam right off the bat. And how would they even know I have a google account? I don't ever use that unless it's to talk to my fiancé who is currently out to sea with the Navy.

Super scam, they aren't even trying to make it seem professional or real. It was a 502 area code number by the way.
Scammers *eye roll*
Highlighted
I agree. Everyone should deny the projects. In fact, that is just what I did today except with a twist that would put me in charge of fixing the problem that created the need for the warehouse. Oh, and yes, I, too, and receiving all As... Additionally, as promised, here is my "physical site review": the building is indeed there; however, they provided no suite number, therefore, I entered the building lobby where a security person was seated in the lobby. The person on duty and the all directory confirmed that there is no business that leases a suite in this swank area of north metro. I'm pretty convinced that they are up to no good since they asked me to find a warehouse to put equipment before the office was ready to receive it. I am awaiting an answer to my request to allow me to ready the facility.
Nov 4, 2017 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
I have clicked follow on IG... No calls from Eli here. Only emails. Never able to get a call through. I did hear the voice mail system, too. I never left a message. I didn't follow through on my thought to call the other web site contacts. I will do that first thing Monday morning. Surely they can confirm the names of the PA HR people that have contacted me as legitimate. Still, I'm not sure if it is the same company... Let's see that fleshes out.
Nov 4, 2017 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
I told them if i am doing any projects they should issue a debit card that is under their name, you know the ones that can be store bought pre paid. And the dude told me that is an option as well so im waiting on hearing back from him. Also tommorow im working on case 8 which is the essay, i will put a lot less effort into it lets see if i still get an A
Nov 5, 2017 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Highlighted
Fyi... the other leasing office called back. Never have they heard of them or Eli or Shay. Also- I stopped sending my case studies in and I have not received any type of communication in regards to it from Eli - Shay or Techno which obviously is yet another flag. I would agree and safely say with confidence.... don't waste your time DEFINITELY DON'T BUY ANYTHING FOR THEM and report everywhere you can. Best of luck to all on their employment seeking and I hope we all find something suitable sooner than later. ☆
Nov 7, 2017 Solution by original poster