Notice of changes to the Indeed Community

Over the past 10 years, we’ve built a community experience designed to better serve and connect job seekers everywhere. While this work has been deeply rewarding, we have decided to say goodbye to the Indeed Community so we can focus on other areas of the business that bring us closer to our mission of helping people get jobs.

What does this mean for you?

The Indeed Community will enter “read only” mode beginning on Oct. 31, 2020. This means you will not be able to interact with others in the community after that time. You’ll still be able to access past conversations on the Indeed Community until Dec. 14, 2020, at which time the Indeed Community product and all content previously posted on it will no longer be available when you visit this site.

Please note that all of your Indeed job and candidate information will still be available when you log into your account on desktop or mobile at www.indeed.com. To download your data from the Indeed Community, please visit the "Personal Information" section of your profile before Dec. 14, 2020. After this time you'll be able to download your community data by submitting a request via the process described in our Privacy Policy.

In the meantime, we encourage you to visit the Indeed Career Guide for advice and resources to help you achieve your career goals. For resume advice from professional coaches and resume writers, you can also visit our Resume Review services.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to connect with you on the Indeed Community. We look forward to delivering more ways to serve you with the best job search tools in the world.

Most sincerely,

-The Indeed Team

Indeed Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What percentage of jobs posted online are fake?

There is a job that is a so called entry level that has been posted since Aug of 2016. To this date the job is accepting applications and it is almost 6 months later! That can't possible be that hard to fill. They probably have a stack of qualified candidates to pick from after all this time. What is the point of keeping the posting active so long>
Highlighted
There is a job that is a so called entry level that has been posted since Aug of 2016. To this date the job is accepting applications and it is almost 6 months later! That can't possible be that hard to fill. They probably have a stack of qualified candidates to pick from after all this time. What is the point of keeping the posting active so long>
Feb 13, 2017 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Feb 13, 2017 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Looks like another of my posts have disappeared.

There are many SCAMMERS on the internet trying to get people's information. They do all kinds of things with it. Don't provide information via the internet until after you research the company and contact them to ensure they posted the ad and there is an actual job opening. A best practice is to mail a resume after you verify the company is real. If they use an ATS (applicant tracking system) then will call you to "apply for the job" AFTER they look at your resume.
Feb 14, 2017 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
I apply to jobs that have the company name, a detailed job description, see where they are located online, then apply. Few reply back asking for a phone interview & then in person, then either no word, or a rejection letter, sometimes the posting is still online way beyond the date that the rejection letter is sent. If you actually go to the company in person, then that is a real interview, but they must either be very picky about something in every candidate that the opening is still not filed the company is cheap and will try to get the current staff to work harder to fill the gap.
Feb 14, 2017 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
MOST jobs on Indeed are not real.
Many have been filled, but just keep coming up again forever.
Many are there so HR managers can find out what people are willing to take for that position.
Some are there with fake jobs so people fill out an application that can be used for Robo calls, telemarking...
Others are complete redirects. You have PhD in Chemistry with 10 years experience - the redirect is Uber needs drivers.
With 4 very specific profiles appling to a total of 12 positions per week for 48 weeks, I only have three job interviews, 5 phone interviews. During that time, I have been employed 82% of the time from short-term jobs I found mmyself with out Indeed.
May 5, 2018 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
I have made a mistake in applying to job posting. Sent my resume, luckly with not any information other than prevoius employers with dates of employment, my address and email to application Pro . However when trying to contact the poster application Pro have been ignored by my attempts to make contact. I knew as soon as uploaded my resume I made a mistake and just wanted to make contact. It was afterwards i discovered that it was impossible and application Pro had my information. With all the disclaimers including with Indeed it's a gamble in looking out for scamming your information. Please beware of fake post and do your investigating before hand.
If you can't reach anyone from your investigating before hand I know that I will not supply any personal information regardless of thier one sided online applying process.
May 21, 2018 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Most job posting are fake!It is just for publicity of their companies so tell public they are doing well. Same job posting that they call you for interview and told you they went with other applicant but few days later they post the same job over again and again for months. If you call for follow up, they get agitated. I'm agree that all fake posting is to steel our information.
Jun 22, 2018 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Most job posting are fake!It is just for publicity of their companies so tell public they are doing well. Same job posting that they call you for interview and told you they went with other applicant but few days later they post the same job over again and again for months. If you call for follow up, they get agitated. I'm agree that all fake posting is to steel our information.Indeed or other sites must fix this problem.
Jun 22, 2018 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
I find that most of them are fake as well. Many times I see reposts of companies that I applied to and heard nothing from. This is extremely frustrating, especially when someone is new to an area and doesn’t know the employers. Some indeed posts are so fake that my spouse will get rejections from “the company" on a Sunday afternoon from a business that normally operates on a Monday- Friday schedule. Additionally, I have applied for over 20 jobs (I try not to do any that don’t require a company website application because at least I can think the job is real) and I have had 1 interview so far. My spouse has probably applied to triple that and had maybe 8 interviews. What I have noticed as well as that recruiters surf these websites and contact you for crap paying jobs that you are clearly over qualified for and then will not accept the fact that you are not interested- a new person from the company will contact you every few days. It makes the whole job finding situation very stressful unfortunately... which is sad.
Aug 10, 2018 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
I agree with you. I have a bachelor and associate degree and they calling my cell everyday and sending stupid jobs. I got an email from an Indian man that encouraged me to apply for a circuit board repair job!!! I was so angry so I sent him email telling him he should take the job since he is useless and dosen't know how do his job and not reading people's resume. We should sue this website that sharing our info to telemarketing.
Aug 11, 2018 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
I went few interviews that later on I got contacted and told that they went with other applicants but the jobs are still posted in Indeed and other websites! Most companies post job positions just to tell the world that they are doing well and want to publicity for sake of their stock value. Whole process of job finding's system is fake.
Aug 11, 2018 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
I’m tired of trying to find a decent job but instead I’m getting bogus emails from fake company’s and I’m pretty sure they are scammers. They’ll email telling me that they are interested but continue to ask for personal information. One even asked where I bank at. Of course I’m not giving them any of this information but this is more then I was expecting. I don’t even feel comfortable with my email being out anymore this is just sad.
Nov 24, 2018 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Highlighted
Cbon987. I have have been working at my current job writing for a small newspaper in Hornell, NY for the last 4 1/2 years. I had planned to stay for 1 year, and continued to apply for jobs. I have applied for over 230 jobs just with Indeed, had less than a half-dozen interviews and no offers come from it.

I also believe that many of the posts are fake, or left permanently open so companies can gain some kind of tax incentive. I'm working on an investigative article on it. If anyone wants to offer their perspective, drop me an email at ***********.
Feb 13, 2019 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
I have been getting a lot of interviews from jobs I’ve applied to on Indeed.

Now, when I apply to large companies (like national chains), I rarely hear anything back. And I certainly am qualified to work as a clerk or a bank teller.

I strongly suspect that many of these large corporations are posting fake jobs that they don’t intend to fill. I’ve noticed that many of these jobs have been posted for months. You can’t tell me that Rite-Aid can’t find anyone to hire as a clerk! Come on.

I don’t think I’ve gotten a single interview with a large corporation since I’ve been in Oregon (almost a year). The most contact I’ve had with large companies is a rejection email. I certainly should have gotten an interview, if they were serious about filling the position.
Feb 14, 2019 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
There are a lot of fake jobs online posted by scammers. There are also many jobs posted by the companies which they do not intend to fill. I've noticed the same companies are running the same ads nonstop for entry level workers. Basic jobs. Like clerks needed or cashiers or concierge associates. Although my profile says another city I'm in Dallas, TX and Dallas has millions of people and its the fastest growing city with so many people moving here and looking for work and I don't believe these folks can't find cashiers or clerical workers. Why run the same ad daily for several months?

Also, I was notified by Careerbuilder, and Monster to put Fraud Alerts on my credit file because I had clicked on links on their website to what I thought was the company website to put in applications and I entered my social security number and birth date and all of my identifying information and those links were placed by scammers. The entire job ad was placed by scammers. Many years later I found out it's so easy to copy a companies website. All you have to do is right click on the companies web page and go down to 'view page source' and sometimes 'properties' and the code for the entire site comes up. So you can duplicate the site and change something like the forwarding email etc. to reroute the traffic.

Ever since that happened to me I've put fake names on my resume posted online as well as use a disposable phone number and a disposable email address. Even now I have companies call me out the blue who have pulled my resume from indeed and they start off the phone conversation very aggressive demanding to know my 'real' first and last name (this was when I was putting Job Seeker as my name on my resume). They would demand this information without even telling me who they were etc.

So indeed is very scammy and is very fake. I've also caught many fake jobs on indeed too.
Mar 13, 2019 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
The same thing has happened to me. For my name I simply put 'Job Seeker' on my resume and I was getting calls from people who would start off the conversation very aggressively demanding that I tell them my 'real' first and last name without telling me who they were or anything about the company. Always from untraceable numbers. I would also get emails and calls soliciting information. Be very careful with indeed. Years back I was also notified by Careerbuilder and Monster to put Fraud Alerts on my credit file because some of the links I had clicked on through their website to apply for positions turned out to be placed by scammers. The links took me to websites that actually looked like employer websites and I had put my entire social security number, birthdate and other identifying information in there. Now my personal information is being sold on something called the dark web. Years later I found out its easy for scammers to recreate the companies website because if you right click on the website and go down to 'view page source' and even sometimes it will say properties you will see the entire code for the webpage. And sophisticated scammers then simply change the email address and a few other things and they can route all the traffic to themselves.

Be careful.

And on a last note, I have a Finance degree and i live in Dallas, TX and I've been searching for work for several months. All I'm getting interviews for is low skilled customer service jobs.
Highlighted
You also have a lot of online people search databases that sell our information to people that use Indeed and other job boards to gather information on people. It's called data mining. They will get your resume and extract your first and last name, sometimes your address, your phone number, your email, places you've worked...

And the next thing you know your information is popping up online on Spokeo, Radaris, White Pages, ussearch, peoplefinders, truthfinders and others selling your information for $29.99 to anyone who wants to purchase it. This happened to me. They even put up my resume on the site as well.

This is illegal in Europe but it's legal in the U.S.
Highlighted
I talked to HR of my company. Indeed scrapes job posting off of other sites - sometimes it keeps posting jobs when the jobs are taken down. We have at least 2 jobs from my companies that are fake - these "fake" jobs are on the site for almost a year now. Our HR are trying hard to take it down from Indeed but are not having success.

If this is the norm (which from this experience there is a chance it could be), it makes me suspect that most jobs on Indeed are fake - perpetuated either willfully or negligently by Indeed.
May 1, 2019 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
I can't believe the government doesn't shut this site down. The jobs are fake. They post the same jobs with a little variation over and over. If you get call it is from a job shop out of India. They then tell you the position is with TCS or Infosys. They try to get you to interview by Skype. You are not going to get the job. It doesn't exist. They database your information and sell it. They tell clients that you are one of their resources. They use you citizenship status to show the US government that they are actively recruiting US Citizen. It is a total fraud.
May 8, 2019 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Very true what everyone has said. I made the mistake of applying through Indeed and have so many telemarketers calling me from morning to night making me think I'm getting an interview. If anything, use Indeed to help you look for companies that you never heard of and then apply directly at their website, if they have one, or location. I've gotten a couple of interviews through their website. Best of luck everyone.
May 28, 2019 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Recruiters don't care how many people they require to laboriously sweat their way through applications. You're just another number. There is no consideration for you as an individual or whether you actually need the job. They easily have every right to sit hide behind their computer screens and be endlessly picky. They post book-oodles of frivolous job listings to collect endless information, and make the company look good in the news media by pretending that they have all these jobs open, when all the while never really intending to hire anyone in the first place. Then they cover up their actions by simply not hiring anyone and using the excuse that they can't find qualified candidates. It's a joke, a lie. If they can't find they can't find a qualified candidate out of say, 50 to 100 applicants, then they being way too picky. There should be a law that limits how many applicants they can require, for real. They should be terminated from the job board for misleading so many people and wasting their time. Literally, it's a waist of my time. The job listings are fake.
Jun 9, 2019 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
I agree with all of the above comments. I posted my resume on Indeed and I have received tons of calls from scammers. Alot of them foreign (Indian).
However what is more shocking is the calls I'm getting from recruiters of well known employment agencies. Almost daily im getting calls from recruiters who have made big promises of jobs available only to disappear immediately after getting my "references". Which is all these companies want anyway. They then go on to solicit my former employers for business. This is absolutely a disgusting practice and infuriating to me. It wastes my time as a jobseeker. I agree the government needs to bring the hammer down on these Companies or at least take a closer look at what they are doing.

I have now decided not to deal with any more recruiters unless they are specifically employed by the hiring company to bring people in. In addition, all of the legitimate jobs that have called me back are companies that are paying around $10, $11 an hour. I was making more than that when I got my first job after high school almost 20 years ago. With that being said, I have decided to pursue other avenues for my job search.
Jul 23, 2019 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
"I was making more than that when I got my first job after high school almost 20 years ago."
Hey, me too! You know what I noticed? Last year jobs were paying much more but now that there aren't that many jobs... they've really, really lowered the pay. I'm going to ruin myself completely by taking a $12 job but at this point I have no choice.

"With that being said, I have decided to pursue other avenues for my job search."
Can you please share? Any help is appreciated!
Jul 23, 2019 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
I was called into an interview by a law firm in Dallas. The HR Recruiter was livid that on my indeed application I used job seeker and she said it was 'absurd' and 'bizarre'. The woman was batsh-- crazy. I could tell that she had not ever applied through a job online and had no clue that these sites are scammy and have fake jobs. I tried to explain to her but she acted so awful I walked out the building. I said 'thanks' but 'no thanks'. Some people simply won't call you if you use Job Seeker as your name or they will act like they don't understand it but there are too many scams on indeed and I no longer feel comfortable using my real info.
Aug 11, 2019 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Highlighted
I graduated with high honors in 2015 with a bachelors of science in HR and International business. I applied to over 1000 jobs on indeed in those two professions. I counted by saving confirmations in my email sent folder. I received only four phone calls and quickly became bitter. I stopped using indeed and went to my university’s job board. I found a job in finance almost instantly. Four years later I’ve quit my job in finance to pursue my MBA MSBIA full-time. I think it’s appropriate to say that I will not be using indeed for my next job search.

I’d like to also point out that LinkedIn is pointless. Recruiters ie independent recruiters use it to find and sell candidates. These recruiters do not have contacts in companies.. They usually solicit potential “prospects" to executives. Emails typically have the age of the applicant and some general background information. Along with an asking price of 4% of their yearly salary if the candidate stays for over a year. We never use them because it’s in their best interest to turn over candidates as quickly as possible. They could care less if the candidates personality is a fit. The only thing they think matters is experience and that bit is usually fluffed.

By this I mean you have someone reentering the field after retiring in 90’s. In those applicant pools you get experienced professions that don’t know how to use technology ie email which is an essential to function in the office. That man had a CPA and over twenty years of experience according to the recruiter. He couldn’t function because when he worked in the field they were in the process of switching over from pen and paper.

It makes me laugh when I see entry level as 7 years of experience and an advanced degree. It’s a tell tale sign that the talent acquisition specialist is clueless or that the job posted is recruiter seeking applicants to sell.
Nov 10, 2019 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
I agree with your posts, I have been looking for 2 years. 30 yrs exp HR very little call backs. The jobs stay posted but never filled. That is fraud and should be eliminated. Seems like all companies Careerbuilder, ziprecruiter, Linkedin, IhireHR, Monster, etc do the same practice of advertising job that do not exist.
Dec 12, 2019 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
A lot of these postings are for 100% commission jobs selling vacuums door to door and knock-off perfume in parking lots. The turnover rate is astronomical and they rely on constant applicants in order to stay afloat.
Dec 12, 2019 Solution by original poster
Highlighted

Almost all of them it seems. After 4 years of searching and over 1000 resume submissions, I’m still without a full time job. I have a bachelors in business and over a decade of corporate office experience. It’s like the world forgot about me. I hardly see any jobs I even want but of course, those jobs are fake/made up anyway. I’m not even sure what else to do. 

Dec 24, 2019 Solution by original poster
Highlighted

There is a federal requirement to post a job in three places, for every pending employer based green card application, and there are hundreds of thousands pending in one of the many categories alone. Hundreds of thousands * (3 ads per) * (4 employment based visa categories).

They are not required to interview, let alone hire, qualified US applicants.

Dec 26, 2019 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Highlighted

You also might want to Google search the company name followed by the word "scam". If its not a reputable business and people have not had positive interactions with them, you'll usually find out in the first few search results! You always want to err on the side of caution if a position or offer seems too good to be true. 

Jan 14, 2020 Solution by original poster
Highlighted

As someone who works in HR and posts to job boards. If you are applying to a job and not hearing anything back and then seeing the same job re-posted over and over. That is not the company itself posting as a scam. The applicants we are getting are unqualified for the position because most people don't read the job description. We continue to post the same jobs to get new qualified applicants if the position isn't in need of an immediate hire we will search for weeks or even months till we have a qualified applicant. 

Feb 19, 2020 Solution by original poster
Highlighted

There are so many reasons I job can be reposted.  Sometimes jobs have high turnover, certain entry level positions, like call center customer service, entry level sales and food service tend to be jobs that people grow out of or leave frequently.  Often times people leave entry level positions because they find a better paying job, a job that's closer to home or a job with more immediate growth opportunities.  Or they are students and their schedule changes so they can't keep the job. 

At times, it can be a sign of the company's health. Maybe there's poor management, doesn't mean it's not a legitimate company, but that the way it's being run is turning people off.  The best way to tell is to do the research using company review websites, just like @Alex_B  stated. 

At times, there are qualified candidates, but the stars don't align and the positions go unfilled. Perhaps candidates were interviewed and offered the opportunity, but decided not to take the job, or took the job and left because it wasn't the right fit for other reasons.    The thing is, there are about 30 scenarios and each can be very valid reasons for a job being reposted. 

If you're finding yourself looking for work at a company that continues to post the job you applied to, your best option is to express interest in the position again and then move on to other positions.  If they are interested they will contact you again for the position, if not, then you have to find a job somewhere else. 

If you build rapport you may be able to ask them why you didn't get the job, work on those skills and apply again in the future. 

To Your Success! 
~ Coach Chantel, Job Search Guide. 

Highlighted

This is a great point! Apart from the internet search, and other great advice on this thread, I would also check with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and the Secretary of State licensing boards. In order to operate legally, most business entities, if not all, are required to register annually in order to remain compliant. Otherwise, they risk the threat of dissolution. 

Highlighted

I get more replies from Craiglist than that this piece of ***** website. Now you have to take an assessment WTF ?  I emailed a job from craiglist that came out yesterday for suppert technician, got a face to face interview this morning and a tour of the company. Go wih agencies and craigslist.

Feb 20, 2020 Solution by original poster
Highlighted

Hello,

Indeed is a job aggregator, which gathers published job listings from major job boards, newspapers, associations, and company career pages and publishes them in one internet location. This is similar to Google but only for jobs. Indeed also functions as a search engine, so that users may utilize the aggregated job listing. Just like Google we provide links, which then redirect you to other sites. 

As indicated in our Terms of Service Indeed is not responsible for the content of the job listings we display. However, Indeed has a large and well-resourced Search Quality team that works diligently to identify and prevent fraudulent jobs on the site. In situations where a suspicious job has slipped through, we work to remedy the situation as soon as possible. 

If you'd like to report a listing that is fraudulent, or if you have the slightest doubt over a listing, please let us know by contacting us using this form and one of our job seeker success specialists will be ready to help.

- Indeed Support

Feb 24, 2020 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted

What about cases where applicants fit the job descriptions, but either don't even receive any email at all from the companies or flat out receive rejection emails while the jobs are still shown? That strongly signifies either the companies have been fishing for resumes for future use or the job posts are some sort of publicity to show that the companies are going well.

Apr 5, 2020 Solution by original poster
Highlighted

If you notice, most positions want 1, 2, 3 years experience. some will go as high as 5 yrs. because they only want to pay what that level of experience demands. no employer wants to talk to me with 30 yrs accounting experience. One, I expect to be paid a salary that reflects my experience. Two, 30 yrs exp gives them an idea of my “at least” age (say I started working on my career at 25 + 30 yrs experience... then I must be “at least 55”.) Most employers don’t want you if you’re over 40, forget it at 50, 60 etc.  I’ve had great interviews, they loved me, as soon as I put my date of birth on the background check forms... I get that same old song..., going in a different direction / not going to fill that position / promoted from within.  

Apr 20, 2020 Solution by original poster
Highlighted

Hi @ldmaustin

Thanks for sharing your experience. May I ask what type of roles are you going after or entertaining? Are they Management level and above? Statistically speaking, most employers seek seasoned professionals in those types of roles. Of course, there are ways that you can filter out the job opportunities that are made for you versus the ones that are not.

Any time you see Senior level, SME (subject matter expert), or consultant may be aligned with your experience. Consider your current skills and experience that you have gained due to your years of experience. 

Statistically speaking, most employers that mention the above adjectives, believe that someone mature is also detail oriented, very experienced, AND RELIABLE.

Google, "best companies to work for after 50". That should also help you come up with a great list to target.

Wishing you the absolute best,

Monique Davis, Career Coach

Apr 20, 2020 Solution by original poster
Highlighted

Let me tell you how phony online and email job recruitment is.  

I am a highly qualified IT Analyst /programmer.   I generally do not find it hard to find a job if I am willing to relocate.  That said, listen to this:

I have been employed with a major national hospital for 10 years.   I am not looking for a job but had recently applied for a contracting job, just to help a friend who was looking for a contract gig and was wondering why he was not getting responses.  Immediately after applying for this single job I began to get emails from various recruiters and consulting companies for all kinds of jobs in my area and in other states on the West Coast, where I live.  I figured that since I had 'touched' my resume on Monster, everybody was now targeting me.  But I had no reason to doubt that these were real jobs.

Until I took a trip to North Carolina last Fall.  I flew to Denver and from there, drove with a friend across country to Beaufort NC, where he was taking a new job and would move his family later.  We drove 1900 miles through States I had never visited before and many of which I had never seen a posting for an I.T. job either.   I only had my Iphone with me - no laptop or any other online-connected device.  

My trip lasted two weeks.  After I came back home to the West Coast, I began to get many emails (over 100 since last Fall and still counting) from various recruiters with postings for jobs that claimed to have great employment opportunities in cities and States I had just traveled through!  I knew these had to be bogus job offerings because after being in I.T, for 40 years, I know where all the locations are for my kind of employment and Charlotte, North Carolina is not one of them.  Neither were many of the other cities and states named in the bullcrap phishing emails.  

It is really a sad shame that this is allowed.  Most, but not all, of the phony emails about great jobs are East Indian companies.  They always want my resume and never seem interested in talking on the phone.  I feel bad for young people that are trying to make it in I.T. or in probably many other fields, that have to work through this nonsense hoping to find a legitimate job offering, which are probably much more rare than you would think with all the confusing SPAM.  

Obviously our men in Washington could put a stop to this if they wanted to.  It harms are citizens greatly but they don't give a ********** about that.  Just like they could put a stop to all the robocalls we get but don't lift a finger.   You think Nancy Pelosi ever gets a robocall?  No, because she has 'people' to take calls for her and they only pass good calls over to her.  

May 2, 2020 Solution by original poster
Highlighted

YES!  I agree that the direct scamming and spamming has gotten worse year over year.  I know that this was shared but I thought that there may be others that are feeling the same frustrations as this person's story you just shared.  Indeed very much values the trust jobseekers place in us to help them find great jobs, and employers place in us to help them find great candidates. I wanted to share our Privacy Policy and How to Report a Job as a potential scam.  

This information is provided as a courtesy for informational purposes only. We are not career or legal advisors and do not guarantee job interviews or offers.
May 4, 2020 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Highlighted

Please don't apply to any jobs on Indeed which redirect to "apply on the company website."  It's not a mark that they are legit.  Redirecting is a scam to steal your personal information.  Even your address with ZIP Code can be the 1 thing they need to steal your identity. 

May 20, 2020 Solution by original poster
Highlighted

It is not just the applicants - but apparently Indeed does some funky stuff with employers as well. I had posted several job openings online for my company two years ago - but not on Indeed. Low and behold I am getting 10 resumes today! - and I haven't posted anything anywhere ... until I read that one of the applicants mentioned "my post from Indeed". Say what?!

I don't know for sure but I imagine they must send bots and spiders combing the net for any jobs whether they are old, new, current, outdated - to look busy is my guess - trying to attract both more applicants and employers.

Being the middle man and screwing both of the parties you are trying to bring together is unacceptable, Indeed!!

Jun 2, 2020 Solution by original poster
Highlighted

I got this in my email a couple days ago can anyone give me any info on the legitimacy?

Dear Candidate,

We’re delighted to extend this offer of employment for the position of Administrative Assistant / Receptionist / Customer Service which are all related to doing Charitable work with Qivana. Please review this summary of terms and conditions for your anticipated employment with us.

If you accept this offer, your start date will be in a couple days or another mutually agreed upon date, and you would report to Christine Stein.

Please find below the terms and conditions of your employment, should you accept this offer letter. We would like to have your response within 24 - 48 hours max.

We are looking for a trustworthy and reliable candidate to work with good understanding. The job involves you working remotely and flexible from your location, working with us you must be willing to follow and stick to instructions and follow them accordingly.

Your work service is needed because I go constantly out of town and now presently in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I will return to the states in two weeks so the working process will be ongoing until my arrival. I'll meet with you when I return then we can talk about the possibility of making this long term.

As a Administrative Assistant / Receptionist / Customer Service personnel, your activities will include;

Duties and Responsibilities:

• Handle requests and queries appropriately.
• Sort and verify bank transactions.
• Receive and process direct deposit/ benefits for clients and customers
• Light accounting and book-keeping.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Running personal and charitable errands.
• Work independently without much supervision.

To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.

• Weekly Pay: $1,000
• The Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits program after a 1 month period
• Hours: 10-15 Hours Weekly
• Days: 2-3 days Weekly

Please note:  This position is not office based yet, it's a part-time job from your location for now.

I would like to give you an immediate trial, so if you are interested kindly get back to me. I have been checking files and schedules as I would need someone urgently to run some tasks for me this week or next week. My Financier will direct deposit the funds to you to execute the task with, and complete the assignment. You will need to Purchase gift items for kids(Foster Care) which I will send you a list and description of the items, alongside delivery address when purchased. Note that you are not to use your personal funds.

We are all looking forward to having you on our team.

Sincerely,
Christine Stein
CS.

Jun 18, 2020 Solution by original poster
Highlighted

I received this in my email this can’t be legit 

Dear Candidate,

We’re delighted to extend this offer of employment for the position of Administrative Assistant / Receptionist / Customer Service which are all related to doing Charitable work with Qivana. Please review this summary of terms and conditions for your anticipated employment with us.

If you accept this offer, your start date will be in a couple days or another mutually agreed upon date, and you would report to Christine Stein.

Please find below the terms and conditions of your employment, should you accept this offer letter. We would like to have your response within 24 - 48 hours max.

We are looking for a trustworthy and reliable candidate to work with good understanding. The job involves you working remotely and flexible from your location, working with us you must be willing to follow and stick to instructions and follow them accordingly.

Your work service is needed because I go constantly out of town and now presently in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I will return to the states in two weeks so the working process will be ongoing until my arrival. I'll meet with you when I return then we can talk about the possibility of making this long term.

As a Administrative Assistant / Receptionist / Customer Service personnel, your activities will include;

Duties and Responsibilities:

• Handle requests and queries appropriately.
• Sort and verify bank transactions.
• Receive and process direct deposit/ benefits for clients and customers
• Light accounting and book-keeping.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Running personal and charitable errands.
• Work independently without much supervision.

To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.

• Weekly Pay: $1,000
• The Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits program after a 1 month period
• Hours: 10-15 Hours Weekly
• Days: 2-3 days Weekly

Please note:  This position is not office based yet, it's a part-time job from your location for now.

I would like to give you an immediate trial, so if you are interested kindly get back to me. I have been checking files and schedules as I would need someone urgently to run some tasks for me this week or next week. My Financier will direct deposit the funds to you to execute the task with, and complete the assignment. You will need to Purchase gift items for kids(Foster Care) which I will send you a list and description of the items, alongside delivery address when purchased. Note that you are not to use your personal funds.

We are all looking forward to having you on our team.

Sincerely,
Christine Stein
CS.

Jun 18, 2020 Solution by original poster
Highlighted

@10a8zu  No legitimate employer in the U.S. is going to extend a job offer based simply upon a review of a resume and an email exchange. A good paying job with a credible, responsible employer do not just appear "on your doorstep" or in your email. So job seekers must remain cautious and expect there to be 1 or 2 phone interviews and 1 or more (likely 2-3) in-person interviews (or video interviews via Zoom or Skype) in the process of being selected or declined for a job opening after the initial contact from an organization. If it seems too good to be true or too easy, it is quite likely not a legitimate company, recruiter or job offer.  --John

Jun 19, 2020 Solution by original poster