Notice of changes to the Indeed Community

Over the past 10 years, we’ve built a community experience designed to better serve and connect job seekers everywhere. While this work has been deeply rewarding, we have decided to say goodbye to the Indeed Community so we can focus on other areas of the business that bring us closer to our mission of helping people get jobs.

What does this mean for you?

The Indeed Community will enter “read only” mode beginning on Oct. 31, 2020. This means you will not be able to interact with others in the community after that time. You’ll still be able to access past conversations on the Indeed Community until Dec. 1, 2020, at which time the Indeed Community product and all content previously posted on it will no longer be available when you visit this site.

Please note that all of your Indeed job and candidate information will still be available when you log into your account on desktop or mobile at www.indeed.com. To download your data from the Indeed Community, please visit the "Personal Information" section of your profile before Dec. 1, 2020. After this time you'll be able to download your community data by submitting a request via the process described in our Privacy Policy.

In the meantime, we encourage you to visit the Indeed Career Guide for advice and resources to help you achieve your career goals. For resume advice from professional coaches and resume writers, you can also visit our Resume Review services.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to connect with you on the Indeed Community. We look forward to delivering more ways to serve you with the best job search tools in the world.

Most sincerely,

-The Indeed Team

Indeed Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you enjoy most about your chauffeur career?

What do you enjoy most about chauffeur work? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?
Highlighted
Keep in mind, I'm speaking from the perspective of a corporate Chauffeur. For me, it's the independence. Not stuck behind a desk. There's variety - not exactly the same thing every day. Dislikes are the occasional short nights (sleep), snowstorms, road construction and holiday weekends (traffic). Keep in mind, these are 'dislikes', and are all part of the job.

I must also mention that working as a corporate Chauffeur, while the jobs are VERY desirable, and highly coveted, there can be a down-side. I know of some drivers that have lost their jobs, because of a "changing of the guard" at their company. Perhaps the new CEO's doesn't want a driver, or if they do, they don't want "somebody else's" driver (fearing they'll have loyalties to the outgoing executive?). Generally speaking, it's guilt-by-association here. Usually, there is no seniority, so that isn't a deciding factor when a position is eliminated (my last employer added a driver for the new COO, and when my CEO left, I was shown the door - even though I had been there 3 years longer than my "successor").

Opportunities for advancement are limited to the size of an organization and its' driving staff. Another of my employers had four drivers when I started, and when I left 7 years later, there was only one Chauffeur position left. Shortly after that, there was a corporate merger resulting in a new CEO that eliminated that job.

What keeps me at my job, is the fact that I've been doing this so long, and I know nothing else. I now have a great employer and a number of my peers are quite envious (I'm humbled, not bragging). I am very well paid, and couldn't be happier. If I were to lose this job, I'm fortunate to have an extremely strong resume (maybe even too strong, but I hope I never have to find out!).
Mar 12, 2008 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Joseph. It sounds like you will be a driver for a long time. Think like a chauffeur. And if you truly believe that you are going to find a client who says hey come work for me I would also advise you to go and buy a lottery ticket! I am a private chauffeur, and those jobs just do not fall in you lap like that.
Mar 9, 2008 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
its not that enjoyable

it all depends how good you know your way around / if you
were on time if the client told your service the location he or she wanted to be taken to or was the client going to tell or
give directions / rewarding only is a play off of how the client
feels / clients remember if you missed a turn or if they told you
not to call them sir or mam . people only remember the bad .

on occassion you will meet people that our nice know matter if
you mess up or not when you do meet this client you not only
feel great but you feel rewarded .

life is always better when people treat you with respect
Nov 16, 2006 Solution by original poster
Highlighted
Highlighted