What kind of work background check does BofA do?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Page:  « First « Previous   5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next »   Last »

Mr315 in Clearwater, Florida

84 months ago

zuni26 in Chino, California said: hi, according to all of these comments the only thing bofa is really interested in is bounced checks, and petty theft, they don't care about moving violations or driving offenses. my problem was my employment history, i wasn't on good standing with my recent employer since i had just quit without a 2 week notice and i was still hired. Good luck to you, you should be fine :]

Yup. I got it. Now just worried based on the comments above about the people who say they did 3 weeks of training and then got cut. Since I found out Thursday and they wanted me to start on Monday I wasn't able to put in the 2 weeks notice therefore I'm going to be listed as non rehire-able with my current/past employer. Also a little nervous since they plan on laying off 40,000 jobs. I just have to stay optimistic, I'm sure everything will work out, at least I hope or I put myself in a really bad scenario! Well just figured I'd update and also update for those in the future that this page really will freak you out while awaiting to hear back from a background check. The best thing you can do is disclose everything and as long as you don't have things related to theft you should be fine. It's 1:20 AM and I have to be up by 6:00 AM to get there by 8:00 AM tomorrow. Thank you for your positive input....

Diggles in Wayne, New Jersey

84 months ago

After reading this forum I remembered I left out a job I went to only once. So I should just basically forget about getting the job, right?

Clau25

84 months ago

I am freaking now right now! My problem is that my previous employer was under-the-table(mainly because it was my family's company so I wasn't on payroll or anything since we all worked for our company). Now I know that that wont show up on the background check since there's no way to confirm with paperwork or records, the only way that it could be confirmed its if they make phone calls. It worries me since that's where I have acquired most of my experience, skills and knowledge. If they call me back saying I'm not eligible for work because of the background check (employment part) should I explain to them the situation?.. I know I am a great fit for this position (teller), my interviews have been great with very positive feedback, I have no criminal records, and my credit is in really good standing. Please help mee!

Top Banker NJ in Princeton, New Jersey

84 months ago

mike smith09 in Edison, Kansas said: Yes, They will do finger print criminal background check.

MIKE DID YOU GET THE JOB!??????!!!?!?!??!?????!!!!!!?!!!:::....please answer

84 months ago

Diggles in Wayne, New Jersey said: After reading this forum I remembered I left out a job I went to only once. So I should just basically forget about getting the job, right?

I wouldn't necessarily say that. I would suggest probably emailing your recruiter and letting them know because most likely they will find out anyways so atleast they know your not trying to hide anything..

84 months ago

Clau25 said: I am freaking now right now! My problem is that my previous employer was under-the-table(mainly because it was my family's company so I wasn't on payroll or anything since we all worked for our company). Now I know that that wont show up on the background check since there's no way to confirm with paperwork or records, the only way that it could be confirmed its if they make phone calls. It worries me since that's where I have acquired most of my experience, skills and knowledge. If they call me back saying I'm not eligible for work because of the background check (employment part) should I explain to them the situation?.. I know I am a great fit for this position (teller), my interviews have been great with very positive feedback, I have no criminal records, and my credit is in really good standing. Please help mee!

I would suggest speaking with your recruiter before filling out the form..I had an under the job table which they told me not to put on since it won't match with pay stubs through the IRS. You could always specify that in the comments field where you put unemployed

Top Banker NJ in Princeton, New Jersey

84 months ago

I got it! Hired! Now I can sleep again! Its only been 3 months lol! These forums just make u a nervous wreck, plain n simple!

IF ANYBODY NEEDS A QUESTION ANSWERED I CAN HELP CUZ IM HIRED AND WENT THROUGH A 3 MONTH PROCESS. I CONSIDER MYSELF A PRO LOL.

KEEP YOUR HEADS UP.

mama2bz in Waterville, Maine

84 months ago

I had a phone interview Friday that went great, Monday they set me up with a one on one interview and asked me to fill out the papers for my background check. Fingers crossed that I do great today as well. I will let you all know how it goes.

clau25 in Orlando, Florida

84 months ago

Mr315 in Clearwater, Florida said: I would suggest speaking with your recruiter before filling out the form..I had an under the job table which they told me not to put on since it won't match with pay stubs through the IRS. You could always specify that in the comments field where you put unemployed

The problem is I already filled out the Form :/... Should I just forget about the job? Or should I still contact my recruiter?

84 months ago

I just came back from my one on one interview, I think it went well. The questions were basically the same that the recruiter had asked on the phone interview, and they didn't even ask me to role play. At the end when they said I think we are all done I said wow you didn't even ask me to role play and then they said ok role play. So I'm not sure if that's a good sign or a bad sign... They said I would know in a few days so fingers crossed...

Clau25

84 months ago

I got the job offer!!! :D I called my recruiter today to explain to her about the under the table job situation and before I could tell her, she told me she was just going to call me to offer me the job!! :D Of course it is contingent upon a successful criminal check (fingerprints) and verification to see if Im eligible to work (which I am, and I have no criminal records). I told her about the jobs, and she told me that was no problem because the employment background came back satisfactory! I'm sooo happy! I start October 3rd :)

84 months ago

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

julias522 in San Antonio, Texas

84 months ago

Clau25 said: I got the job offer!!! :D I called my recruiter today to explain to her about the under the table job situation and before I could tell her, she told me she was just going to call me to offer me the job!! :D Of course it is contingent upon a successful criminal check (fingerprints) and verification to see if Im eligible to work (which I am, and I have no criminal records). I told her about the jobs, and she told me that was no problem because the employment background came back satisfactory! I'm sooo happy! I start October 3rd :)

Congrats on getting the job!! I am in a similar position to yours. The only two jobs I've had have been small privately owned businesses and I have been getting paid under the table. Now I am terrified that I wont get an offer. I talked to the recruiter today and tomorrow I have an interview at the local branch. With all the other background checks everything has come back clean. I'm just scared that since it wont match up with my social, I won't get an offer :(

clau25 in Beltsville, Maryland

84 months ago

julias522 in San Antonio, Texas said: Congrats on getting the job!! I am in a similar position to yours. The only two jobs I've had have been small privately owned businesses and I have been getting paid under the table. Now I am terrified that I wont get an offer. I talked to the recruiter today and tomorrow I have an interview at the local branch. With all the other background checks everything has come back clean. I'm just scared that since it wont match up with my social, I won't get an offer :(

Just go to your interview, do a good job. And after it, just contact your recruiter and tell her About the under the table jobs. I was freaking now too because of it, and couldn't even sleep, but after reading various posts here I decided that letting my recruiter know would be best, so i didn't seem sneaky. I got the job offer even when I'm pretty sure those jobs didn't show up on the employment background check, but it came back satisfactory. I don't know if it's the same on every application, but I'm pretty sure if you let your recruiter know it would be Better. Good luck on your interview today! Be confident and let them know you're there to help the customer!

Clau25

84 months ago

SBiz in BTown, California said: Edazz, you should be alright, as long as you were honest on the ASI. What's done is done, so jst try to survive the net couple of weeks haha. I submitted my Verification on a Friday, got a call the following monday/tuesday because their security portal had some questions. The very next week I called my recruiter and she said all my info was good and I passed the screening. I was stressing big too, because I have to relocate.

I dont know if you still read this since its been 4 months! lol..but I have a question..My recruiter told me I passed the Employment verification (which I was stressing out over), now I filled out the I-9, will go get fingerprinted tomorrow and Monday I'm going to the branch to finish the I-9 (section 2), my question is will my employment be verified again?

julias522

84 months ago

Thanks Clau25. That's exactly what I'll do. I hope it all goes well.

julias522

83 months ago

So I had the interview with the local branch manager, one on one. I have to say it was the most comfortable interview I've had. I thought it went well. After the interview, I decided to call my recruiter and mention the cash paid jobs. To my relief, she said it shouldn't affect the background check. They will call employers to verify employment. Now I just hope I get an offer :)

Annabelleoftheball in Jersey City, New Jersey

83 months ago

Hey! So I'm a little concerned. I had 2 interviews and was offered the job and I accepted. So I filled out my background check and made an appointment to do my fingerprinting. The only problem is I left one of my jobs (only one) on unsatisfactory terms - I stopped showing up. It was stupid of me but I was going through something at the time - I used to work for this job a long time ago as a hostess(my first ever job - and I was there for 1 year and left cause I moved) and about a year ago I was in need of a job and was hired as a bartender. But they hired me under false pretenses and made me host instead of even start training on bar. I asked my direct supervisor when I would get my training and they kept pushing it off, so one day I was fed up I walked into the mall and got an interview for a manager job so I stopped showing up to my other job. I've never done it before and I felt horrible afterward but like I said I was going through something at the time and I couldn't keep putting others before myself since it was affecting my health and mind. I'm really concerned however that when they check into my previous job history that this will turn them off to hiring me, especially because their background check is so thorough. On a side note I've never been convicted of a felony.

gob in Jersey City, New Jersey

83 months ago

So I just got a call extending an offer to me and I accepted. I filled out the background check and i9 and set up my fingerprints but I am concerned about when they look into my previous job history. I worked for this one company a long time ago and was rehired about a year ago for only a month. Since they hired me under false pretenses and made me do my old job instead of the new one I was hired for, I quit, but I just stopped showing up. All my other jobs I left on satisfactory terms but I'm concerned this will show up. In my defense I felt awful about doing it but I was going through something with my health and mind since I have some minor health issues and I just wanted to do what would make me feel alright, it was a selfish thing to do I know this now. Also I've never been convicted of a felony. Do you thing I should be concerned?

83 months ago

sorry I'm the same as annabelleoftheball it just didn't show up so I thought it didn't post!

diggles in Jersey City, New Jersey

83 months ago

I had my face to face interview 3 weeks ago. No one ever called me after that. How long did it take for them to call the ppl from Jersey city?

83 months ago

i got called literally a day after i had my interview. I've been in the customer service field for about 7 years now and my most recent job is a customer service manager so that probably helped...

83 months ago

I just got the email that I didn't get the position. Good luck all!!!

imtrejo in Palmdale, California

83 months ago

I already had the 2 interviews, the EEV that I passed and now I am being sent for my background check, I just recently had my license suspended due to an unpaid ticket, do you think this would cause them to not give me the position. I also have bad credit... should I be concerned?

mike in Austin, Texas

83 months ago

ue in Buffalo, New York said: Heres my horror story, they offered me a position I was finger printed after the offer and then the offer was rescinded for a misdemeanor conviction from 1972,guess what? I was 15, 36 years ago! they didn't care, although I have had no gaps in employment with financial institutions for over 30 years. The background checks are not fair! God forgives ...man does not!

Amen

mike in Austin, Texas

83 months ago

amen!!

Clau25 in West Palm Beach, Florida

83 months ago

So I got the job, I got the job! :D Today is my 3rd day and I have to say I couldn't be happier! I love the environment and everyone is so helpful and nice! I'm so happy! Good luck to all of you waiting! And please take into account all the people who say to not freak out because of this forum. Please if you have any questions go straight to your recruiter instead of freaking out reading these posts.

gusconroy in San Francisco, California

82 months ago

Bank of America will do obviously do a background check, but you are all forgetting about an internet search of you as well. They will type in your name into Google or Yahoo just to make sure nothing bad is out there, such as an old arrest that was expunged but still stayed cached in public records, you making a fool of yourself with college buddies, etc.

The best way around this if you have a negative website that you don't want Bank of America finding is to suppress it and dilute it with positive content. A website called "Search Manipulator" based in my hometown, San Francisco, will sign you up for dozens of high ranking websites that will be placed in front of a bad website. Most people, especially a hiring manager at Bank of America, are not going to make it to page 3 or 4 of Google to read about your arrest from years ago.

jmack84 in Hickory Hills, Illinois

82 months ago

I recently applied to b of a, and was offered the job, but I am afraid that my past might effect my offer. I have a dui from 6 years ago, and 9 years ago when I was in college I stole a bottle of vodka from a grocery store. I mentioned both on the application, but am afraid that they will resend my offer once the background check goes through. Any thoughts????? I mean this is regular young people mishaps right??

Thanks!

Kunta67 in Portland, Oregon

81 months ago

I've applied for a business banker job and I'm going through my final interview on Wednesday. I've already passed my ASI check according to my recruiter but after reading the forums I'm a little worried about my criminal background check. I've been working at WF the past 7 years and Citi for 1 1/2 years before that. However when I was a freshman in college I got a citation for disorderly conduct and but it was expunged from my record. I didn't disclose this because I wasn't convicted and it was expunged from my record. Should I be worried?

rollin2015 in Seattle, Washington

81 months ago

i recently got accepted for a telephone banker in San Antonio, Texas. The job is located on the northwest side of town. I just had a few questions. Does BoA drug test at this location so i can prepare ahead of time and also about my background i had a petty theft but i had it taken off my record along with a speeding ticket. My vehicle was also repossessed but i did manage to get it back. I did not disclose this to them and am now worried if i should have or not. Will it affect me getting hired? I have to do the I-9 two days from now and tomorrow the finger prints for the background check. If i can pass those i will start on Jan 9 2012. Any help will be greatly appreciated i really need this job. Thank you very much!

Rosay in Denton, Texas

81 months ago

Hi I have a question! i was got an interview for a bank of america position, i already went to the group interview and think i did great! However, for the verification form i did not add one of my previous jobs in which i was fired in. I was terminated and i think i might have gotten a misdemeanor from it. Will this prevent me from getting the job? if anyone could please help me i would greatly appreciate it!

Reed in Phoenix, Arizona

80 months ago

Lol how do I post a question?

Reed in Phoenix, Arizona

80 months ago

Was recently hired by chase bank as a teller! Had to be finger printed! 2 years ago I lied to a cop about my name and was given a misdemeanor but had it set aside & dismissed! Will I pass the background check? Really nervous!!

TooTiredToSell in Tampa, Florida

80 months ago

Rosay in Denton, Texas said: Hi I have a question! i was got an interview for a bank of america position, i already went to the group interview and think i did great! However, for the verification form i did not add one of my previous jobs in which i was fired in. I was terminated and i think i might have gotten a misdemeanor from it. Will this prevent me from getting the job? if anyone could please help me i would greatly appreciate it!

It depends. If you were you terminated for embezzlement, management may frown upon that.

cherry in Pflugerville, Texas

80 months ago

The background check wants up to 10 years of previous addresses. I lived in a dorm in the past, but never changed my address on my driver's license. Am I suppose to include the addresses of the dorms I lived in?

california123 in California

80 months ago

Reed in Phoenix, Arizona said: Was recently hired by chase bank as a teller! Had to be finger printed! 2 years ago I lied to a cop about my name and was given a misdemeanor but had it set aside & dismissed! Will I pass the background check? Really nervous!!

You are on the same boat with me. I lied to a cop and got a misdeameanor as well. You will have to wait for 5 years from the date when your case got dismiseed. This means if your case was dismissed 2 years ago (Jan 2010), then you will have to wait until Jan 2015 to work for Chase. And do not try to hide your record because Chase or any other bank will find your criminal record. If you do hide your criminal record and the bank finds out about it, you will never be able to work for the bank. Never. So you can always try, but I'm just telling you that my offer was rescinded from Chase with the same reason.

california123 in California

80 months ago

California 123 in California said: You are on the same boat with me. I lied to a cop and got a misdeameanor as well. You will have to wait for 5 years from the date when your case got dismiseed. This means if your case was dismissed 2 years ago (Jan 2010), then you will have to wait until Jan 2015 to work for Chase. And do not try to hide your record because Chase or any other bank will find your criminal record. If you do hide your criminal record and the bank finds out about it, you will never be able to work for the bank. Never. So you can always try, but I'm just telling you that my offer was rescinded from Chase with the same reason.

Wait! if you dropped your record as not guilty, then I don't know. I ended up pleading guilty. Hope this helps. Let me know what happened!

Moving On in Houston, Texas

79 months ago

Diggles in Wayne, New Jersey said: After reading this forum I remembered I left out a job I went to only once. So I should just basically forget about getting the job, right?

Hey Diggles...I know your comment was posted about 4 months ago but I am in the same situation as you. After submitting my ASI, I also realized I forgot to mention a temporary (1 week) job that I had 4.5 years ago. Can you tell me what happened to your application? Thanks!

If there is anyone else who can comment...please reply!

Sweet234 in Covina, California

79 months ago

I have 2 do a background check for them but I'm worried because at my last job I got let go because they sd I wasn't catching on fast enough and I was there for 2 weeks do I need to put them down I really need and want the job at boa.what should I do

J in Fremont, California

79 months ago

Bank of America does very extensive background checks. After your interview if they like you, HR will call you in regards to a Pre-Employment Screening Authorization link that will be sent to your email. In this link, you will complete a form that includes information on your salary, work history, education etc. They will also contact all your references to verify all the information you provided is accurate.

Next, someone from Bank of America investigations will call to have you fax over your W2, Current paystub, and Title. In addition, they will contact your current employer to verify your title as well.

ShannonYoung in Baltimore, Maryland

79 months ago

Dear HR Lady

I was recently offered a Loan Closer positin with BOA pending background check and fingerprinting. I was told on Tuesday of this week, 4 days ago, that my background check shouldn't take but 3-5 days because I have had the same employer for seven years (currently laid off which I disclosed) I just did my fingerprints on Thursday, 2 days ago) and I am curious to find out how much longer the process will be. I am not concerned about the check, however my former employer would purpously ignore the investigators calls as long as he could because he tried to claim I quit and was not laid off..we had to do a conference with DLLR and they sided with me (I disclosed this issue as well) My start date is March 5th but I still have to do my I-9 interview on the 21st. Would someone contact me if my former employer won't return their calls? Do you know how long they give him to call them back? Thank you for your help..Shannon

tee in Dallas, Georgia

78 months ago

I was fired from boa because they said i falsified docs about childcare reimburstment but the person that was hanlding the paperwork at the school no longer worked there. Could they take money out of my checking account for the difference?

jkillian in Lincolnton, North Carolina

76 months ago

mfrazier219 in richmond, Virginia said: I have a question. I was offered a position with BOA back in 2006 but it was rescinded due to the results of the fingerprints that came back showing 2 drug possession charges from 1993(state) and 1999( federal ). I just recently applied again for another position and was offered another position. My question is since both of these convictions were 19 and 13 yrs old, respectively, will they still show up and prevent me from getting the job again.
***Serious Answers please***
Thanks in advance.

Did you get the job?

yahuhu in New York, New York

76 months ago

About very short term employment
------------------
Hi Pal,

Got an offer from BoA,HR called to verify my employment history and told me to add into my even short term job like teaching assistance, and short term internship.So I sent a word document .

Later on another person from another department called to verify my employment history, but she didn't mention the short term intern I did. I'm not sure if it's because she has no problem with that or because she MISSED that part ? I checked again the word document I sent out , it was at the bottom of my file. So I'm suspecting if they missed the part I wrote down.

I later called them and left a message. but no one is picking up the phone. Should I call again? Or I'm just too worried.

JKG in Van Nuys, California

76 months ago

last April I was offered a position with BofA. In my ASI I disclosed an employer which I worked with but left without a two weeks notice. I never received any pay because I was working as a 1099. Sure enough, my ASI came back unsatisfactory. It has been over five years now but I am wondering if they will still have my old ASI results? And if so, will this affect the offer?

Jim in Buffalo, New York

76 months ago

9 years ago I was arrested for felony sale of marijuana. In court I plead to a misdemeanor possession under 20 grams of marijuana. Also did interm 5 year probation for a discharge. I put on application never been convicted of crime for bank of America bc I wasn't convicted. My fingerprints are scheduled for next week. Will this keep me from getting a customer relations manager job? I was 19 years old and stupid at the time and haven't messed up ever since! Please help because I'm so scared right now????

ladylachbug@*****.*** in Simi Valley, California

74 months ago

California 123 in California said: You are on the same boat with me. I lied to a cop and got a misdeameanor as well. You will have to wait for 5 years from the date when your case got dismiseed. This means if your case was dismissed 2 years ago (Jan 2010), then you will have to wait until Jan 2015 to work for Chase. And do not try to hide your record because Chase or any other bank will find your criminal record. If you do hide your criminal record and the bank finds out about it, you will never be able to work for the bank. Never. So you can always try, but I'm just telling you that my offer was rescinded from Chase with the same reason.

after recieving a waiver from FDIC there is any successful story of getting a job with bank of america?

bug19 in Simi Valley, California

74 months ago

Jim in Buffalo, New York said: 9 years ago I was arrested for felony sale of marijuana. In court I plead to a misdemeanor possession under 20 grams of marijuana. Also did interm 5 year probation for a discharge. I put on application never been convicted of crime for bank of America bc I wasn't convicted. My fingerprints are scheduled for next week. Will this keep me from getting a customer relations manager job? I was 19 years old and stupid at the time and haven't messed up ever since! Please help because I'm so scared right now????

if you were convictid, for the offense involving dishonesty or breach of trust Yes, they will.

bug19 in Simi Valley, California

74 months ago

can anyone tell me a successful story of getting a job with a bank of america after recieving a waiver from the FDIC.

Page:  « First « Previous   5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.