Email from a HR rep about a job at Best Buy

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

bew in Blue Springs, Missouri

33 months ago

I applied for some jobs online through Indeed and the next day I get an email saying I was a good person for the job and someone would email me about the hiring process,when I would start and so on.I didn't apply there,they gave me no details about where the job is located and when I visited the site to fill out for a background check it wanted my drivers license and credit card number to pay for the check.I reported it as spam and blocked them.Sounds like a strange deal to me.I say be careful what info you give out.The whole thing sounded fishy to me.

amberjessup in Chicago, Illinois

33 months ago

Same thing is happening to me. I thought indeed was typically spam free considering it doesnt share your info but idk. My info is private and can only be seen by the emplorers in which I applied to. So I wouldnt know how they were able to contact me unless one of the jobs is posing to be a job or some ridiculously silly scenario like that.

I didnt receive location but was informed that pay is 15/hr as a customer service rep at best buy. I dont know alot about best buy but im sure the employees there dont get paid that much, not unless you're like a manager or something. Gave me a phone number and it was bestbuy... Its really weird actually. So im gonna go head and use my better judgement here. Thanks for the heads up!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.