Re-apply to Best Buy?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

John-H in Houston, Texas

65 months ago

So I applied online to Best Buy yesterday to two different positions. However, during the questionnaire, I rarely chose "strongly agree" or "strongly disagree" because I didn't really feel that strongly about any of the questions. After I completed both of my applications, I went to this website and saw that they can't even see your resume if you don't choose "strongly" about topics (which is a pretty bad system if you ask me!) So this morning I went online to see the status of my application and it said: "HR status: no longer under consideration". Now what?

Can I re-apply? If so how soon and will they see if I applied twice? Should I just walk in my resume to them? I'm pretty confident that I would have gotten the job if they saw my resume and I'm pretty excited to work there. What can I do?

Thanks!

John H

Completely Broke and Broken in Bedford, Ohio

65 months ago

John-H in Houston, Texas said: So I applied online to Best Buy yesterday to two different positions. However, during the questionnaire, I rarely chose "strongly agree" or "strongly disagree" because I didn't really feel that strongly about any of the questions. After I completed both of my applications, I went to this website and saw that they can't even see your resume if you don't choose "strongly" about topics (which is a pretty bad system if you ask me!) So this morning I went online to see the status of my application and it said: "HR status: no longer under consideration". Now what?

Can I re-apply? If so how soon and will they see if I applied twice? Should I just walk in my resume to them? I'm pretty confident that I would have gotten the job if they saw my resume and I'm pretty excited to work there. What can I do?

Thanks!

John H

I'm guessing they'll probably just tell you to apply again online, if you stop in a store.

Bluetea in Texas

65 months ago

John-H in Houston, Texas said: So I applied online to Best Buy yesterday to two different positions. However, during the questionnaire, I rarely chose "strongly agree" or "strongly disagree" because I didn't really feel that strongly about any of the questions. After I completed both of my applications, I went to this website and saw that they can't even see your resume if you don't choose "strongly" about topics (which is a pretty bad system if you ask me!) So this morning I went online to see the status of my application and it said: "HR status: no longer under consideration". Now what?

Thanks!

John H

Walking into a store is a waste of time. They will just tell you to apply online.

You don't want to appear like you are applying twice, so get another email account and apply again. Sometimes this helps.

Yes, they like strongly this and strongly that as answer. Also remember there is a difference between the truth and the right answer.

They don't care about how excited you are to work for them. Never stop applying at other places either.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.