Recently applied to Best Buy and had second interview (GM), but haven't heard back yet?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Sledge R. in Brooklyn, New York

51 months ago

Hello, everyone. Hopefully you all are doing well. I applied to I believe two or three Best Buys and recently had two interviews at one (the most recent was with the general manager). The first interview was two Saturdays ago and the woman said she thought I was a good candidate for the job. The second interview happened three days afterwards (last Tuesday) and I thought that things went pretty well. I believe the GM said I'd hear back after the 5-6 interviews, but it's been a week and a day so far and I haven't heard anything back.

Basically, here are my questions: Is it a bad sign that a week and a day has passed and I haven't heard anything from the GM yet? Is there still a chance that I might be called? I'm asking because I really desire this job because it's technology based and I love technology and I haven't had luck with the application process like this since 2 years ago when I applied for another technology based job. Thoughts?

Eddy in Palm Bay, Florida

50 months ago

Sledge R. in Brooklyn, New York said: Hello, everyone. Hopefully you all are doing well. I applied to I believe two or three Best Buys and recently had two interviews at one (the most recent was with the general manager). The first interview was two Saturdays ago and the woman said she thought I was a good candidate for the job. The second interview happened three days afterwards (last Tuesday) and I thought that things went pretty well. I believe the GM said I'd hear back after the 5-6 interviews, but it's been a week and a day so far and I haven't heard anything back.

Basically, here are my questions: Is it a bad sign that a week and a day has passed and I haven't heard anything from the GM yet? Is there still a chance that I might be called? I'm asking because I really desire this job because it's technology based and I love technology and I haven't had luck with the application process like this since 2 years ago when I applied for another technology based job. Thoughts?

Don't worry. It took me just about 2 weeks to finally get that call. Sadly that's the process but calling (once) just to check the status of your application wouldn't hurt your chances it actually shows that your truly interested in working there. Best of luck.

SledgeRich in Brooklyn, New York

50 months ago

Eddy in Palm Bay, Florida said: Don't worry. It took me just about 2 weeks to finally get that call. Sadly that's the process but calling (once) just to check the status of your application wouldn't hurt your chances it actually shows that your truly interested in working there. Best of luck.

So, I called them and asked about the status of my application and the lady who recruited me said it looks like I wasn't chosen. This upset me until like the end of my shift when I started talking to two of my co-workers (major stress reliever). I'm not as upset as yesterday, but the feeling is still there. I really wanted to work there, but who knows, maybe I was meant for something else.

One of the funny things is (I don't know if she was just saying it or not), but the first person who interviewed me told me she thought I would be a good candidate and I seem really interested. I guess I wasn't what the general store manager was looking for. Oh well...

Eddy in Palm Bay, Florida

50 months ago

SledgeRich in Brooklyn, New York said: So, I called them and asked about the status of my application and the lady who recruited me said it looks like I wasn't chosen. This upset me until like the end of my shift when I started talking to two of my co-workers (major stress reliever). I'm not as upset as yesterday, but the feeling is still there. I really wanted to work there, but who knows, maybe I was meant for something else.

One of the funny things is (I don't know if she was just saying it or not), but the first person who interviewed me told me she thought I would be a good candidate and I seem really interested. I guess I wasn't what the general store manager was looking for. Oh well...

I'm sorry to hear that but have you checked the status online? (Under consideration)there is still a chance (No longer considering) means no...I'm sorry to state the obvious I just wanted to you cover every area you know? but you seem to have a great attitude about the situation so if you really do want to work there just apply to a different position to give your self a better chance of getting in then simply transfer departments after 30 days of employment. But just a side note unless she confirmed that you have been turned down I wouldn't lose hope. She could have simply said that due to her not knowing either why you haven't heard back yet. (Looks Like) sounds very unsure.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.