What kind of people they want to hire?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

TheRavox in Hollywood, Florida

20 months ago

did an excellent interview at best buy, I have ample experience in the sales area and I am the type of professional who goes to the clients and likes to talk to them and see their needs, the manager of the area at the end of the interview congratulated me and said it was an excellent interview, i had the conviction that I got the job, days later I receive an email saying that I was not chosen.

What the hell is that? What kind of employee they want? For several times when visiting a best buy, when o try to look for a employee to help me i had to walk good part of the store because they never come to you.

My point of view is that they have preference for lazy and passive employees, and may be afraid of hiring more qualified people perhaps because of the threat of rapid growth or something like that.

I have a degree and MBA... maybe this is the reason

TheRavox in Hollywood, Florida

20 months ago

summontheprofessional in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I think that the manager from best buy thinks that you are overqualified for the job. They may have turned you down, because they are looking for some one with less experience. Your MBA and your degree may not necessarily knock you out of the running for a job. It maybe that the manager has someone else in mind for the job, but decided not tell you during the interview. Who knows the manager could be jealous of you. If you have a degree and an MBA then you are qualified enough to be doing the manager's job. That may have intimidated him or her. I suggest that maybe you should apply for sales or customer service management jobs. When you apply for these job, just make on your resume you has enough experience to prove you would make a good manager. I hope this helps you. I have been in interviews like that more times than I can count.

Tks for the advice, this is really crazy, if i am the manager i will hire the smart employee that i can get, i will try again, i don't know if this is possible or if they match the old interview, but i will try again for another best buy

E in Brooklyn, New York

20 months ago

TheRavox in Hollywood, Florida said: did an excellent interview at best buy, I have ample experience in the sales area and I am the type of professional who goes to the clients and likes to talk to them and see their needs, the manager of the area at the end of the interview congratulated me and said it was an excellent interview, i had the conviction that I got the job, days later I receive an email saying that I was not chosen.

What the hell is that? What kind of employee they want? For several times when visiting a best buy, when o try to look for a employee to help me i had to walk good part of the store because they never come to you.

My point of view is that they have preference for lazy and passive employees, and may be afraid of hiring more qualified people perhaps because of the threat of rapid growth or something like that.

I have a degree and MBA... maybe this is the reason

Nice! I just got a Straight Talk card code for FREE! :D straighttalk.reloadcodes.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.