Daiichi Sankyo News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Daiichi Sankyo stack up against the competition?

Joe.

134 months ago

No way. They are stuck in the mud. They run the same employment ads over and over again. Why? They never hire anybody. I can only assume that their HR people either can't read or don't read. My firend says you have a good shot if you work with one of the agencies that gives a kickback to the people in the company's HR department.

Joe.

131 months ago

After being interviewed by Daiichi, I can say that "If you have more experience than the person you'll be working for, don't count on getting the job." You are a threat to that person and the best way they can keep their job is by not hiring you. At Daiichi, odds are that you'll have more experience than the person you would be working for, anyway. Somebody ought to alert the Japanese headquarters about all these hiring abuses that go on in the States.

Joe.

131 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Daiichi Sankyo stack up against the competition?

Long term, it's a loser. They've got no products of significance. Whoever is deciding which new products to go with couldn't find their butt with both hands.

Joe's friend.

131 months ago

Joe really knows what he's talking about. I've known him for years and, this is really rich, at the very same time Daiichi headquarters in Japan is trying to acquire the rights to three new and very promising promising products he has presented to them for in-licensing and development, some low level person in the US tells him him they have other candidates better able to assess the potential for promising products. Joe is also the advisor to the two largest institutional holders of Daiichi Sankyo stock - about 18% - so a lot of US heads are going to roll. That low level person doesn't know it yet, but they just fired themselves.

Purposeseeker in Little Rock, Arkansas

129 months ago

I am a former sales rep for Daiichi, and I must say that although I've chosen to leave the field all together, my decision is not attributed to the company, management, or culture of Daiichi-Sankyo. Its a growing company with a solid pipeline, (Benicar-fastest growing ARB and #2 in its class... Welchol-only nonsystemic cholesterol drug on market with brand new diabetes indication... and the much anticipated Prsaugrel, which is supposedly safer and more efficacious than Plavix... and thats just to name a few!)

Its a great place to start if you are trying to break into pharma.

J.C.N. in Piscataway, New Jersey

123 months ago

Purposeseeker in Little Rock, Arkansas said: I am a former sales rep for Daiichi, and I must say that although I've chosen to leave the field all together, my decision is not attributed to the company, management, or culture of Daiichi-Sankyo. Its a growing company with a solid pipeline, (Benicar-fastest growing ARB and #2 in its class... Welchol-only nonsystemic cholesterol drug on market with brand new diabetes indication... and the much anticipated Prsaugrel, which is supposedly safer and more efficacious than Plavix... and thats just to name a few!)

Its a great place to start if you are trying to break into pharma.

Thanks for your informed and intelligent comment. I am trying to break into the field. Presently I am changing careers. I have a background in sales, teaching and customer service. I hold a Master in Education and a MBA. Any tips would be appreciated on getting an interview.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.