DeVry University News and Happenings.

Comments (2)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does DeVry University stack up against the competition?

iroquois in Chicago, Illinois

142 months ago

I don't know if DeVry will survive or die, but DeVry use to have an excellent reputation as a technical school in the industry. I personally used to interview and hire many DeVry graduates. This is not the case since it was purchased by Keller Graduate School of Management.

Their focus has changed to a more business oriented careers were many other schools have a better reputation and programs. In their new business program focus, DeVry is very expensive and doesn't offer anything better or different than their competition.

In their online programs, the technical offerings are mediocre at best. They have water down their technical program degrees to a point that I would never hire a DeVry graduate anymore. The reputation of a school is created by the quality of their graduates. I can see that the future of DeVry in their technical programs is not a good one since the quality of their graduates has suffered greatly.

I don't see the future of DeVry as promising as wall street seems to see it recently.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.