The reason why Gamestop gives so few hours

Comments (5)

Fugasi in Kentucky

105 months ago

If you clicked here expecting the true reason why Gamestop gives so few working hours to its associates... sorry I don't have that answer. I, too, want an answer. I have worked at other retail stores and have also not received enough hours, but not to the extreme extent of Gamestop. One week after Black Friday and my hours have been cut to nonexistent. I have had to live at a homeless shelter because I can't gain enough money between several retail jobs to survive on. It is despicable and there's no excuse for the way corporate treats us. The store manager has had to work to the bone, often times for more than 24 hours straight or several weeks without a single day off. And yet we have come out on top at times in terms of our percentages for subscriptions and reserves. Our reward was to have our hours cut.

This is a terrible company to work for and I look forward to the New Year when I will have the chance to pursue another job.

marisole in Memphis, Tennessee

102 months ago

Wow Fugasi, thats terrible. Well now you have experience, so doors should open a little more now. How was the homeless shelter you lived in?

Fugasi in Kentucky

102 months ago

Thankfully a friend has allowed me to stay at his place. But as for the few days I had to stay at the shelter - pretty awful. I now work 4 hours a week, if that. I have an interview on Monday for another job. Please pray that I get it.

marisole in Memphis, Tennessee

101 months ago

I will pray for you now.

Fugasi in Kentucky

98 months ago

I appreciate your prayers. I now make just enough money to rent a room in a house. I work two jobs, including Gamestop. I have some of the best sales numbers in the district and have helped at three different stores, but I am still not an SGA or ASM. And yet I am consistently above 12% on subs and 20% on reserves every week, routinely beating out the ASMs and SGAs in the district. Please pray that I will either find a better job or be promoted soon, and have enough hours to survive on.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.