Should I call the hotline...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

tiredofdepotdrama in atlanta, Georgia

98 months ago

I have brought this to other management's attention, but have seen it happen a couple times since.
Over the past couple months, a fairly new associate was promoted to DH. Before he was promoted, it was common knowledge that he was sleeping with a DH in the store. He moved in with this DH and then he got promoted to DH of the same dept as the woman he is sleeping with (we have dh for outdoor garden and indoor, she was indoor) It is known throughout the store these two are sleeping together, they both left their significant others for each other. When these 2 do overnights, they are the only 2 dh on duty and they are seen taking merchanidse out the back doors. Convient that 2 dh's that live together are doing overnights and "moving" merchandise out through the back after hours on the forklift??
Also the new guy that just got promotoed to DH has been seen on his lunch break and before his scheduled shift at the bar across the street drinking. Then he comes to work and operates a forklift? Managment loves this guy for some reason even though he cusses at us-his assosciates.

Does anyone else think I should call the hotline see if they will investigate or just leave it alone and let them have it???

Nell in Columbia, South Carolina

98 months ago

tiredofdepotdrama in atlanta, Georgia said: I can't do it anonymously? That's what they say you can do. Thats bs. I shouldn't lose my job bc someone else is doing shady stuff.

I can tell you from recent personal experience that the awareness line is merely a smoke screen. YES, they record the conversations and YES they play it back to the Store Manager. Also, the Associate Advice and Counsel Group in Atlanta, who supposedly do the investigations, are desk jockeys who do NOT investigate. I was a criminal investigator for a sheriff's dept. here in SC for 25 years before I retired and I KNOW HOW TO CONDUCT AN INVESTIGATION.
So, bottom line, if things are that bad at HD then you should pursue other jobs. I got wrongfully terminated in April for agreeing with a customer he needed to go to Lowe's. My life went on, but I still get phone calls from my family at my HD store who complain about the inefficiency of the management there. BTW, the manager who terminated me (by phone no less) has now brought in his boyfriend from another local HD store to be the Paint Dept. mgr. at his store. Imagine that!

Message to Home Depot on youtube

98 months ago

Nell in Columbia, South Carolina said: I can tell you from recent personal experience that the awareness line is merely a smoke screen. YES, they record the conversations and YES they play it back to the Store Manager. Also, the Associate Advice and Counsel Group in Atlanta, who supposedly do the investigations, are desk jockeys who do NOT investigate. I was a criminal investigator for a sheriff's dept. here in SC for 25 years before I retired and I KNOW HOW TO CONDUCT AN INVESTIGATION.
So, bottom line, if things are that bad at HD then you should pursue other jobs. I got wrongfully terminated in April for agreeing with a customer he needed to go to Lowe's. My life went on, but I still get phone calls from my family at my HD store who complain about the inefficiency of the management there. BTW, the manager who terminated me (by phone no less) has now brought in his boyfriend from another local HD store to be the Paint Dept. mgr. at his store. Imagine that!

There are lots of reasons to go get some legal advice this is a prime example. Speak to attorney or file an EEOC complaint online. I would standup for your god given rights. They want you to roll over, take it and/or quit....and that is why they do this kind of stuff; they know most associates are to ill informed, to scared and in too bad of a financial spot to get informed and act. Get some legal help or you can expect more of the same.

Employee in Lomita, California

38 months ago

Look up the EOE. Even though replies suggests contacting an attorney, no one is paying the bills...
The EOE must address any concerns, accusations or problems any employee may be having in the work place.
I find it very hard to deal with a company that makes so many stipulations and PK's of how to act, think and behave while at the work place, as if HD really cares, when they do the opposite. They want integrity, honesty and worth from the employee, then they do the opposite in all these degrees.

Employee in Lomita, California

38 months ago

It is perfectly legal to tape, record someone speaking to you without their knowledge or consent. And admissible in a court of law. Look it up. Recording is both wise as well as insurance of what is actually being said when needing to defend oneself from a misbehaving situation while at the work place.

Employee in Baltimore, Maryland

37 months ago

I wanted to report a Head Cashier who cursed out a customer and a cashier tending to a customer who presented a real 10% Off Lowe's Coupon. Home Depot's policy is to honor low prices and competitor coupons, yet this cashier took it upon herself to curse out a customer who wanted to provide Home Depot with business while doing it in front of other customers in line.

After hearing that Home Depot records phone calls without consent and replay it to management, I shouldn't be faced with punishment because of a cashier turning customers away.

chesapeakeva in Chesapeake, Virginia

9 months ago

If you feel like you're being bullied by other associates, should you call?

Former employee in Essex, Maryland

9 months ago

chesapeakeva in Chesapeake, Virginia said: If you feel like you're being bullied by other associates, should you call?

As a former Home Depot associate, its best not to call the hotline and report your issues anonymously as they record all calls. Those recorded calls are then sent to store management, who then identifies the person by voice. If you're being bullied within the storefront, it's best to take it directly to H.R. or your shift supervisor.

kkh in Greeley, Colorado

2 months ago

So I work for home depot and I requested weekend's off so I can work another part time job to help pay medical bills and I was denied saying I have to work a weekend day but there is 4 employees that do not ever work weekends so y was I denied that and I have not had my review for my raise that should have Ben don a month ago so I have Ben there 3 years and Finley got to be head casher and when I got employe of the month mangers never sign my apron but sign everyone else so maby someone don't like me so now should I call a lawyer? Need some advice

Keepitmetal89 in Modesto, California

1 month ago

Employee in Lomita, California said: It is perfectly legal to tape, record someone speaking to you without their knowledge or consent. And admissible in a court of law . Look it up. Recording is both wise as well as insurance of what is actually being said when needing to defend oneself from a misbehaving situation while at the work place.

It’s not legal in California to do that wouldn’t hold up I. Court at all even if it’s damming evidences

Longtimeassoc in Edgewater, Maryland

1 month ago

I have pretty much liked being w/ this company and have had good managers and bad but for the past 5 yrs we have had a woman merch mngr who works very hard to degrade all her associates in front of customers and other associates! She puts herself into the physical work and has her associates do part of the mngmnt work. She will have us scan into a bay and have us do something else. By the time we come back 20 minutes are up. Bay can't be worked in for more than 20 min. Therefore, the bay doesn't get done. The DM comes in, sees the work wasn't done, then the DM looks at you as the lazy one. New associates get trained by the videos and then walk out onto the floor to different rules. We constantly see videos in safety but she hounds us to work so unrealistically fast that you trip on the ladder or smash into something w/the machines. She will tell other associates what negative thing another associate said about them. The stress gets built up so bad that it detours people from being able to do a better job. There is a good associate there who has had to take medications to handle the stress. This is not good for a company like Home Depot to let this happen. We like our clientele and the work we do. We see our clientele as friends but some of them are scared to ask questions because we may get yanked away.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.