Wilkesboro

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Brenda

131 months ago

Is Wilkesboro a good place to live? How would life be for an older single person? How does upper management treat employees?

Holly in Fort Mill, South Carolina

131 months ago

I live about 45 minutes from Wilkesboro. It's a very lovely place, w/ very nice people. It is a very small town in the foothills of NC. It's about 2 hours from Charlotte and about 90 minutes from Winston-Salem. It has a good community college. It is a small town that is trying to adjust to a non-manufacturing economy.

Brenda

130 months ago

Thanks, Holly. I'm nervous about how I'd adjust to a smaller town. I live in one, but it's really a suburb of a larger town just 15 minutes away. I really don't want to commute 50 or 60 miles to work each day - been there and done that.

valiant in Salem, Massachusetts

103 months ago

Upper management in Wilkesboro (as I'm sure you've learned by now) treats employees based on what's between their legs. If you're a pretty, young girl, you'll get a cushy position, as long as you take position. If you're a boy, you can talk about the pretty, young girls with the managers, so getting an "in" with them, and not being looked over for promotions.

It sounds horrible, but its true.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.