Macy's Employment

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

sam.ang in Houston, Texas

26 months ago

I have read all the comments about possible employment at Macy's, and I am sorry that each and every person had a bad experience. I recently was hired to by Macy's at the Houston Galleria store, and the entire experience was better than most other retail department stores process. I applied for a position (part time), and was called for an interview in 2 days of the store receiving my application and resume. I met with one of the Department Selling Managers, and was impressed at the quality of the interview. On leaving this interview, and before I even got home, I got another call from another Selling Manager with Macy's. I met with one of the Men's Selling Managers, and was hired on the spot, not for a part time position but a full time positions. As someone that has not worked in retail for some time, the training staff in HR, was very patient with me. I am now working at one of the "world's premier shopping group of stores the Galleria." Perhaps for those that had bad experiences as Macy's, it may have been the store or area. Not all store staff's are created "equal." Perhaps one also has to look at their own interviewing skills. I will say when one does go for an interview with Macy's wear all black, the Selling Managers will see you as ready for work, in the uniform of Macy's. Good luck to those that were not hired with Macy's and try, try, again! Sam

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.