Attending a private university and accumulating lots of debt...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

JAC11 in Ontario, California

65 months ago

Hi all! I recently got accepted into Loma Linda's program for this upcoming summer start! I am really excited to be accepted into the program, but I am also paralyzed by the thought of the debt I will be in.

I have student loans from Cal Poly SLO that are around 30K, and am estimating another 120K-ish for the LLU program. I did not get accepted into any state school, I do not think my stats are competitive enough to get accepted into a state program.

My "plan b" is going to school to become a special education teacher. Is anyone else in this similar predicament- having to weight out the pros an cons to being in major student debt? I would love any advice or perspectives on the matter! Thank you for your help!

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

65 months ago

Don't worry about the debt. After graduating you will find a great paying job quickly. Good Luck.

65 months ago

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York said: Don't worry about the debt. After graduating you will find a great paying job quickly. Good Luck.

Thank you for your advice, Joe. I appreciate it!:)

doggiehearter in Central Coast, California

64 months ago

Hey Yes!! omg message me I just got into Samuel Merrit, email or message me on here please!

doggiehearter in Central Coast, California

64 months ago

guest in San Jose, California said: Check around.

Don't bet on getting a high paying job after college to service $150K of student loan debt.

What do you do commentor in San Jose j/w...?

Are you in the field? Do you know how the federal gov't does it's repaymetn schedule with loan forgiveness for healthcare providers that work in the public sector?

J/w..thanks :)

64 months ago

Hey Doggiehearter, I have heard Samuel Merrit is a pricey one- but a good school (I understand that situation!lol). I decided to say "yes" to the program. I talked with one of my friend's sisters who went to Univ of Puget Sound, and she too has lots of student debt. She said that if you work for a non-profit and make your payments on the loan for ten years then the gov does a forgiveness program. She also mentioned that her salary was not super competitive, but she is doing what she loves. I guess it comes down to being willing to sacrifice for what you're passionate about. Have you come to any decision??

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.