How to get a job at Roadmaster.

Comments (5)

Host

Do you work at Roadmaster? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Dawn in Callahan, Florida

69 months ago

I would like an opportunity to work at Roadmasters to give students the opportunity to work in the field of trucking and make a successful living for them and their families. I have many years of experience in the education business and realize that this a product that will never go away!

bucfever40 in New Port Richey, Florida

64 months ago

I worked there for 5 years, and for the most part, I really enjoyed my job, but like with any sales job, there is an element of stress to make your numbers, but if you make your calls and have the minimum talk time, they'll stick with you. Good hours 10-7, but they would always let you off early, no weekends,1 hr lunches, and there's a few breaks throughout the day. It can be cult like, so you have to be positive at all times, being negative will be the quickest way to unemployment. The pay can be minimum or it can be outstanding, many people make well over 2gs in 2 weeks, but it's eb and flow, the frustrating part is the students will break your heart, you get them all excited to start, then you come in the following Monday and learn they never showed up, then you can't reach them from there, that's one con, another is you may be at the mercy of their credit score, which is almost always bad, so you are expected to contact their references and ask them to cosign, which is easier said than done, but sometimes they will and you get an extra bonus for that. So if you're looking for a chance to make great money, you will have that chance, and it's not cold calling, you are responding to those who have expressed interest.

64 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Roadmaster? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

It's very easy, they are almost always hiring, just call and ask if any positions are open.

64 months ago

Dawn in Callahan, Florida said: I would like an opportunity to work at Roadmasters to give students the opportunity to work in the field of trucking and make a successful living for them and their families. I have many years of experience in the education business and realize that this a product that will never go away!

That's right, it's a growing industry that will never go away, and in this tough job market, it's a great way to make great money as a driver, so it's not hard convincing prospects of the benefits of a driving career, but you have to overcome the ones that want to work local, and you have to drive over the road at least one year before you can be eligible for a local or statewide driving. The most frustrating thing is getting everything you need from the student (qualifies, desire, ready to start) and he has no way of getting the financing because of bad credit and no one to help cosign, you just have to move on, because your hands are tied. They have to have a couple things.....The desire and the means (to finance), without those 2 factors, it's going to be extremely difficult, the good news is there are several others right behind that lead, so move on.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.