Verizon Wireless Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

nerdydiva in Columbia, South Carolina

97 months ago

I would just call or email the recruiter. From what I gather on here they take that pretty seriously. Just let them know you messed up on some dates and they will update your file. Hope that helps and good luck. I am going through the process as well.

Johnna in Charleston, West Virginia

97 months ago

Chris in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania said: It took about a month. Out of the blue they called and said the job was mine could you start on monday for training. It was thursday. I said I needed more than three days and they said oh well to bad training starts in Pittsburgh on monday take it or leave it. so I declined. oh you are expected to jump when they call I talked to a lineman in the field for verizon.

I had the first phone interview about 10 days ago and haven't heard anything. Is that normal or should I give up?

Johnna in Charleston, West Virginia

97 months ago

Johnna in Charleston, West Virginia said: I had the first phone interview about 10 days ago and haven't heard anything. Is that normal or should I give up?

also, should I contact the recruiter or maybe the store manager? I have tons of experience in retail sales.

nerdydiva in Columbia, South Carolina

97 months ago

Well I got my thanks but no thanks email yesterday. I am not to worried, I have another interview today. Say a prayer for me!

MrsWhitfield2010

97 months ago

Nerdy Diva in Columbia, South Carolina said: Well I got my thanks but no thanks email yesterday. I am not to worried, I have another interview today. Say a prayer for me!

what was the face to face interview like? My phone interview was only supposed to last 20mins, but it lasted an hr! it seemed more like a regular interview than a pre-interview. what was your face to face like?

Former Employee in North Charleston, South Carolina

97 months ago

Former VZW Employee in Everett, Washington said: At one time they were an excellent company to work for (that is when they were smaller). Once upon a time the employees were actually treated as individuals and their ideas were valued and respected. Now all you are to them is a warm body and a number. They want the CSR's to give quality service but they don't want them to take the time needed to resolve the issues. The mentality is get the customer off of the phone as quickly as possible. Stay away from the company politics and stay away from the employees that get involved in the company politics because that can turn around a bite you later. Keep ontop of the performance metrics and exceed their expectations or else you could find yourself in the unemployment line and they don't like to allow you to collect the unemployment benefits coming to you.

I would have loved it when they were smaller. I actually ended up quitting because I felt like they wanted me to be an automated system and I had to sacrifice quality for quantity. They are a wonderful company to work for and I know in this area there are few customer service/entry level positions that have better pay and benefits.

bonafidelatina in New York, New York

96 months ago

Hello -
I saw your post about your experience with VzW analyst role, I'm hoping you got it and that it's going well. I'll be meeting w. them soon about a similar role. Just wanted to know what type of questions you were asked?

cdfl in Tampa, Florida said: I was contacted by an outside recruiter for a financial analyst position; I had a telephone interview with her a week after initial contact. At that point, my resume' was forwarded on the the hiring manager, and the recruiter called my references. About a week later the hiring manager called to set up a face to face interview (for the next day), this turned out to be a quite structured "panel" interview, with a BOOK full of questions the interviewers went through and made notes on. I was given a brief tour of the office and I was introduced to the director of the department. I received a call from the director a couple of days later asking me to come back in for an interview with her. That happened a few days later-this also involved a few people; other VPs. It was a fairly casual interview (under the circumstances). I was contacted by the recruiter a couple days later and I was told that I was well liked by everyone, and the next step would be an interview with the director's manager, a SVP in NYC. I would find out in the next week whether this interview would take place on the phone, at my location or in NYC. That is where I am in the process, so far, so good.

dahype46 in Tupelo, Mississippi

96 months ago

Can anyone tell me if Verizon gives you a heads up if they are going to call you for a phone interview?

kaykay1 in Rochester, New York

96 months ago

The interview process is VERY VERY VERY intense. However as long as you are absolutely positive of all of you employment dates and your pay rate, school history and criminal backround check for the last 7 years you will be good!

GOOD LUCK

96 months ago

dahype46 in Tupelo, Mississippi said: Can anyone tell me if Verizon gives you a heads up if they are going to call you for a phone interview?

They absolutely let you know if they're gonna give you a phone interview.
GOOD LUCK

Tony Bologna in Columbus, Georgia

96 months ago

I've been online browsing for a while, a lot of unclear answers seem to come up with the hiring process for specifically Retail Sales Representatives. If anyone has a rough timeline/turnaround time for the hiring process, please let us know. Now as far as me, I applied for this positon on July 28th. I received an email from a recruiter on Aug 2nd to schedule a phone interview on Aug. 3rd. The phone interview went really well, as asked situational questions, and discussed job/education history. On Aug 4th, I received another email/phone call to confirm an 1:1 interview on Aug. 10th. The 1:1 interview was really smooth, was pretty much asked similar, if not the same, situational questions from my initial phone interview. The Hiring Manager liked me, and sent my information to Corporate. Today is Aug 12th, and I received a phone call from Corporate with a contingent job offer. I accepted, and my salary along with other details into commission structure, bonuses, and benefits were discussed. The job offer is contingent upon successful drug/background check, and criminal/MVR report. I faxed back in my agreement for a background check, and will do my drug screen tomorrow. From what I've read from other people online, the background check through A-Check takes 10 days approximately. We will see. I know my response is lengthy, I just hope I can be of aid to the next person who may wander here with questions. I will let you all know how my progress is going as I am updated. If you have any questions, about what I've typed, feel free to let me know. Oh and word to the wise, on Facebook recently, I saw VZW Careers has a fan page...seems really responsive! I've seen a lot of people checking on the status of their resume/application and get responses from recruiters in less than a day. Most recruiters were letting the candidates know they would have someone call or email them and gave them their name. I hope I land this job, keep me in your prayers/well wishes/hopes...Peace

96 months ago

Wow...that's great but I applied online on the 6th of August. I havent' heard anything as of yet. I checked online for my applicaton status and it just shows it was received. Congrads to you!!!

96 months ago

dahype46 in Tupelo, Mississippi said: Wow...that's great but I applied online on the 6th of August. I havent' heard anything as of yet. I checked online for my applicaton status and it just shows it was received. Congrads to you!!!

Thanks! It took 5 days from applying to be initially contacted...yours should be around the corner too. I'm cheering for you. I'll include you in my prayers tonight.

96 months ago

Thanks Tony, Have a sparkling evening

curious george123 in las vegas, Nevada

96 months ago

Curious. I left off a job I had in in the last three years. I was on payroll for a month, but only worked a few times. Do I need to tell the recruiter? Thanks.

96 months ago

YES!!!!! Please tell them about the job that you only did for a couple of months. They'll find out anyway. They are so thorough that you would think that you're being interviewed for the FBI!!!
LOL!!

96 months ago

Ok so I got a call from A-Check last night. They need me to fax w-2's/pay stubs from 2 of my previous employers and also a copy of my H.S. diploma. Have to call hr from my previous 2 companies Monday since they are closed on the weekend. I'll let you guys know how it goes. God bless/good luck/well wishes

96 months ago

I applied for jobs on Verizon over two weeks ago. I logged online to check by application status and they are no longer there. Does this mean I'm no longer being considered for these positions?

96 months ago

It is possible. I suggest going to the VZW Careers page on Facebook and put a post on there about your application. From what I've seen, the responses are pretty quick and usually has someone follow up with you at the very least. Let me know how it goes! I have a couple of w=2's I have to send back for my background check...

MrsWhitfield2010

96 months ago

I have been offered a contingent job offer for CSR. During my phone interview, my recruiter let me know that I should let him know about any Motor Vehicle Violations/Traffic Tickets. I have a quite a few tickets and I emailed him the City and Date of the tickets that I received. Now that I have been made the offer and I know that my background is now being processed, I remembered 2 more tickets that I received. Should I email my recruiter about these tickets? Is it too late? I have no other criminal background of any kind, not worried about that at all. Also, A-Check called me and I was told that the Employment/Education verification has been completeted, closed, and everything has been confirmed.

Chamber in Florence, Alabama

96 months ago

MrsWhitfield2010 said: I have been offered a contingent job offer for CSR.

What location did you apply for?

MrsWhitfield2010

96 months ago

A call center in Georgia.

96 months ago

Mrs Whitfield....How long did it take for a recruiter to respond to your online application?

MrsWhitfield2010

96 months ago

About a week. But I'm assuming that is because the training was approaching soon. I was originally contacted for one training class, but then I was told I was being considered for the September training class. I'm guessing that if I was initially contacted for the September class, they wouldn't have contacted me so soon. I was hired about a month after the assessment test.

MrsWhitfield2010

96 months ago

Tony Bologna in Columbus, Georgia said: It is possible. I suggest going to the VZW Careers page on Facebook and put a post on there about your application. From what I've seen, the responses are pretty quick and usually has someone follow up with you at the very least. Let me know how it goes! I have a couple of w=2's I have to send back for my background check...

I have been offered a contingent job offer for CSR. During my phone interview, my recruiter let me know that I should let him know about any Motor Vehicle Violations/Traffic Tickets. I have a quite a few tickets and I emailed him the City and Date of the tickets that I received. Now that I have been made the offer and I know that my background is now being processed, I remembered 2 more tickets that I received. Should I email my recruiter about these tickets? Is it too late? I have no other criminal background of any kind, not worried about that at all. Also, A-Check called me and I was told that the Employment/Education verification has been completeted, closed, and everything has been confirmed.

josephus in Richmond, Virginia

96 months ago

Ok I will answer and help a lot of you out as I work for VZW.
1. The interview process takes about a month.
2. The background process takes about 3 weeks to a month.
3. If you lie about anything for your background check you will not get hired.
4. If you did lie on your background check and you start work and it shows up after you're hired you get fired. (This is rare that something slips thru the cracks)
5. If you are not told you will have a second interview on your first expect your "thanks but no thanks" letter.
6. Overall you're looking at a min. of 1 1/2 months of a hiring process. The reason behind this is because it takes $35,000.00 to train a new hire at VZW. Basically its their way of saying if you wait this out you're worth our money.
7. You will get PAID working for VZW and you can move up very fast.

Cheers and good luck.

96 months ago

Josephus....Thank you and Mrs Whitfield...Can I assume that since my initial online application on Aug 7th that's no longer online; I'm not being considered for those positions?

MrsWhitfield2010

96 months ago

You may still be considered for the position, but I'm not sure. Since that was only a couple of weeks ago, you may still have a chance.

96 months ago

Thanks

ms40 in Tomball, Texas

96 months ago

I applied to verizon in march 2010. I was going threw my background check but I notified the recruiter that I had an family emergency and had to turn the position down. I have applied for the same position twice and got denied. I don't know if I will ever get an offer again. Any advice. Thanks

JPeizer in Chester, Maryland

96 months ago

Tonny, your comments were very helpful, I am due for the phone interview either tomorrow, or the next day. I was hoping for a fast turn around time, but by the looks of things I have to wait. Which is a terrifying thing when I have one offer waiting right now. I have to figure out do I settle with 20K a year or try to go for Verizon Wireless as a Retail Sales Rep, and risk losing both. Let me know of any questions you were asked as I I'm in a scene following in your footsteps for this interview process.

Again thank you for a great response and staying up to date.

MrsWhitfield2010

96 months ago

Just some advice that may help you...When(and if) you are offered employment, the recruiter will tell you not to resign from any job that you may currently have until you have been cleared to start. You should treat the current job offer that you have as if you were already employed there. If I were you, I would take the offer that you have now because even if offered employment by Verizon, its still not 100% that you will be working there. Hope this helps.

96 months ago

Retail Sales Rep: (Phone Interview one: HR Department)
It's the next day and I have had my phone interview with the Verizon HR department, located in FL. So far the process is going by really fast, I am due for another phone interview this same day in about 30 minutes. Statements were correct pertaining to the accuracy of your past employment dates, as I was unsure I told them I would have to contact each of their HR departments to grab dates, she seemed pleased that I at least said something about it before moving on. Overall most claims here are true... They will ask a series of questions pertaining to your past experiences and one question that caught me off guard is "What sort of services you would offer a customer that is both useful and fun?" My answer was the data plan and text messaging for the younger crowed. (this is not 'the' right answer, just one of many) This seemed to be acceptable and we asked the question of 'What situation have you found yourself in where you had to ask a lot of questions and listen to each answer to then sell a product to a customer?'

I am expected to have my second interview here any moment. I will keep you updated.

96 months ago

Just finished my Background Check....A-Check finished everything....HR will be calling me about when I will go to Alpharetta for training. I hope you all enjoyed and got a clearer understanding of things.

MrsWhitfield2010

96 months ago

Tony Bologna in Columbus, Georgia said: Just finished my Background Check....A-Check finished everything....HR will be calling me about when I will go to Alpharetta for training. I hope you all enjoyed and got a clearer understanding of things.

My background check isn't complete yet, but I already know when I go to training and I have already filled out some paperwork. Why is it that you don't know when your training is?

96 months ago

Retail Sales Rep: (2nd Phone interview, District Manager)
So far everything has gone smoothly. I have had two interviews and from what I could tell they both enjoyed what I had to say very much. something I am noticing is that what they are looking for is a, as somebody else put it, a career minded person. they look deeply at what you have done in the past, not what would you do. They have even said this during the second interview. I was told to pick out moments that I have done or said something to do whatever they are asking about. For example, they asked How did you act and how did you handle an upset customer. what was said and how did you resolve these issues. So they can be very tedious as to what they ask for. I am working now to get my past employment dates confirmed so I can move on with the interview process. I have been told that I will be called within a week to set up a 1 on 1 in-person interview with my local Verizon Wireless manager.

So far this process has gone without a hitch and they are making it as speedy as I could ever hope for. I think two interviews from the same company in one day is making great use of time.

Some hints that I got from the district manager when going to this interview, dress the best as you can, and by no means wear sneakers (not that anybody reading these posts would even dream of doing in the first place). Nice shirt, tie, dress shoes (I recommend Oxfords), pressed pants (no pleats), and a pressed dress coat.

A helpful hint from me is look up how to dress for an interview and how to get proper sizes.

MrsWhitfield2010

96 months ago

JPeizer in Chester, Maryland said: Retail Sales Rep: (2nd Phone interview, District Manager)
So far everything has gone smoothly. I have had two interviews and from what I could tell they both enjoyed what I had to say very much. something I am noticing is that what they are looking for is a, as somebody else put it, a career minded person. they look deeply at what you have done in the past, not what would you do. They have even said this during the second interview. I was told to pick out moments that I have done or said something to do whatever they are asking about. For example, they asked How did you act and how did you handle an upset customer. what was said and how did you resolve these issues. So they can be very tedious as to what they ask for. I am working now to get my past employment dates confirmed so I can move on with the interview process. I have been told that I will be called within a week to set up a 1 on 1 in-person interview with my local Verizon Wireless manager.

So far this process has gone without a hitch and they are making it as speedy as I could ever hope for. I think two interviews from the same company in one day is making great use of time.

Some hints that I got from the district manager when going to this interview, dress the best as you can, and by no means wear sneakers (not that anybody reading these posts would even dream of doing in the first place). Nice shirt, tie, dress shoes (I recommend Oxfords), pressed pants (no pleats), and a pressed dress coat.

A helpful hint from me is look up how to dress for an interview and how to get proper sizes.

So in other words, they ask the typical interview questions which most would expect, act as if you would really like to be with the company long term(common), and dress as if you were going to an interview...

hughch8 in Sandy, Utah

96 months ago

Ms40 in Tomball, Texas said: I applied to verizon in march 2010. I was going threw my background check but I notified the recruiter that I had an family emergency and had to turn the position down. I have applied for the same position twice and got denied. I don't know if I will ever get an offer again. Any advice. Thanks

Probably not. they have too many qualified applicants who "did not" have an emergency. And at that stage you probably had a few weeks left in the process so I'd focus your efforts elsewhere. And "threw" in a customer contact file would have gotten a CSR a warning for non professional conduct.

hughch8 in Sandy, Utah

96 months ago

Chamber in Florence, Alabama said: What would you recommend if we have found out errors on our resumes, but can not get a recruiter to return a call/email to change the info? I am scheduled for an assessment test on the 30th, should I just take my updated resume with me and tell them the situation? Does A-Check also handle the background check for the call center CSR positions?

Yes they do and a-check does not care one way or another. This is a Verizon quality, if hired, you will find out quickly. At the assessment, before you begin, tell the recruiter that you overlooked something on your application. In my hiring, they gave us one chance to edit and this was during the assessment. ALSO if you get to the drug test make sure you have records available to fax to a check if you are on any scheduled substances. They check for EVERYTHING including lyrica, gabapentin and tramadol. I had to produce a prescription for clonazapam and had "72 hours" from 335p mountain time to produce evidence of legal use as A-check put it.

hughch8 in Sandy, Utah

96 months ago

Just wanted to add that in my training class there were 32 people who started. There are 5 still employed. Verizon is extremely result driven. In the west valley call center you had one month to come up to standards after training. Get 3 developing PA in a row or show "no consistent improvment" and you'll be looking for new employment. Also a CSR is expected to sell contract renewals and it is weighed on your monthly evaluation.
If you can perform consistently you will do fine!

hughch8 in Sandy, Utah

96 months ago

JPeizer in Chester, Maryland said: Retail Sales Rep: (2nd Phone interview, District Manager)

What Verizon looks for is someone who can formulate rational independent thought, someone who can think quickly and someone who is convincing without being pushy or oppressive. Also, they want to hear that you have participated in or led groups in an assignment of importance. They want to see you have the ability to solve larger picture problems

Chamber in Florence, Alabama

96 months ago

hughch8 in Sandy, Utah said: Yes they do and a-check does not care one way or another. This is a Verizon quality, if hired, you will find out quickly.

What do you mean by these statements? Also I finally go through to the recruiter. She said that she would update the information and it should be ready by time I go to the assessment.

hughch8 in Sandy, Utah

96 months ago

Chamber in Florence, Alabama said: What do you mean by these statements? Also I finally go through to the recruiter. She said that she would update the information and it should be ready by time I go to the assessment.

well I said the recruiter would give you a chance to amend before the assessment, and she did. ONCE it gets to a-check its too late as a-check doesn't care about honest mistakes.

hughch8 in Sandy, Utah

96 months ago

MrsWhitfield2010 said: My background check isn't complete yet, but I already know when I go to training and I have already filled out some paperwork. Why is it that you don't know when your training is?

Before your background check and drug screen you should have received a conditional offer showing your start date..

MrsWhitfield2010

96 months ago

hughch8 in Sandy, Utah said: Before your background check and drug screen you should have received a conditional offer showing your start date..

HUGHCH8...I wasn't inquiring about my when MY start date was. Like my original post states: "I already know when I go to training", which is the same as the start date. My post was a question responding to another post. Thanks anyway!

96 months ago

Alright so everything is good to go. I start training on September 7th, I will be in Alpharetta for training. Just finished filling out my new hire info/benefits info online. Thank you everyone for your prayers/well wishes/good lucks. If I could be of help to anyone, let me know. I can't speak for you Ms.Whitfield...not sure why things were different for our hiring processes. I just know how things went for me. My anticipated date was 08/23, but I had to wait on 2 w-2's to come in to fax for my background check. Congratulations to you.

Jpeizer- The questions were all situational...ie. "Tell me a time where you had to deal with an upset customer and how did you handle it?" ....nothing really too deep. Mine were almost identical to my phone interview. God Bless/good luck to you.

96 months ago

Also, allow me to state I am a Retail Sales Rep. I didn't apply for any other position, so I have no knowledge of their process...I'm thinking MrsWhitfield2010 may be working for the Call Center, so she may be able to answer any questions about her progress through the hiring process for Call Center Reps...lets all help each other out.

Shelia in Gibsonia, Pennsylvania

96 months ago

MrsWhitfield2010 said: HUGHCH8...I wasn't inquiring about my when MY start date was. Like my original post states: "I already know when I go to training", which is the same as the start date. My post was a question responding to another post. Thanks anyway!

WOW, Maybe this job is not for YOU!!!!!

MrsWhitfield2010

96 months ago

Shelia in Gibsonia, Pennsylvania said: WOW, Maybe this job is not for YOU!!!!!

No, I think its for me. I'm able to read a post and resond accordingly. I was actually offered a position...did you take that assessment yet???

Tony Bologna in Phenix City, Alabama

96 months ago

Lets all be respectful...

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.