In the process of deciding between two offices

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

iheartlinus in Springfield, Oregon

100 months ago

So I have almost 5 years of Dental front office experience, including front office management. I'm great at what I do and all of my previous employers recommend me very highly. I am moving to a new area and I am currently corresponding with two offices that I am trying to decide between. The first Doctor has already expressed his intent to hire me, and is in the process of putting together an offer as far as schedule and wage.
There is another office where I interviewed and it is a two doctor practice. the position would be working three ten hour days. I had a fantastic phone interview with one of the doctors, and then interviewed in person with the other doctor, and we really hit it off. This job potentially pays much better and includes benefits. They scheduled me for a working interview, which I recently went on.
The working interview went fantastic and both Doctors were working that day. I was really excited until as I was leaving they said, "Well why don't you come back for another working interview next Tuesday."
I am relocating from 5+ hours away, and they knew that I would have to make the trip (expensive i might add) to do this working interview. They also know that I would like to start the week of the 5th, or very soon thereafter. So I guess I'm a little frustrated after multiple phone conversations, an interview and a working interview. I know they have weeded out practically any other candidates, and they are "extremely interested" in me joining there team.
I have already turned down one position to pursue the two-doctor practice, and I know thats not their problem. I was happy to make it in order to pursue the position, but now I dont want to turn down other offers if they are going to drag this out. I can't afford to not start working in April.
I'm also concerned because one of the hygienists remarked to me that things move "super slow" around there as far as the hiring process. *Sigh*


rhonda in Auburn, Washington

78 months ago

5 years isn't really much-----you still ahve alot to learn and experience as far as management


njdm226@*****.*** in Slidell, Louisiana

41 months ago

move on ! if they are extremely interested they will offer to pay your travel expenses. or let them know you have other options being presented to you. seems the hygienist is trying to let you know the score. if you are not sure trust your first choice.


» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.