Moving for company employee to self consultant

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

DingDong in New York, New York

84 months ago

I'm working for a financial software company in NYC for the last 4 years, as a system architect. Lately my wife and I decided to move back to our native country(outside the US).
I believe i'll get the option to work from home - as i'm too critical to the company/project at this point of time.But i'm not sure they will want to keep me as the company employee and rather prefer to have me as consultant.
If that the case then what should I ask for compensation? After all if i will work as consultant i will have extra expenses like insurance and more.

Thanks a lot.


» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.