Your Application Has Been Viewed

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Nouran in Mississauga, Ontario

29 months ago

Hi there!

I applied to 30 jobs through indeed but only got a single email saying "your application has been viewed by the employer" does that mean the rest of the employers did not view my application?

Thank you in advance.

AndyRising in a State of Bliss

29 months ago

I don't think I've ever seen an email that said that. I see emails that say I've applied. (Which seems dumb to me... I know I applied. But I guess people need the reassurance that their application went through.) But I've never seen a "your application has been viewed" response. Perhaps that particular employer set up that email.

I wouldn't worry about it. Like every jobseeker, you'll be filling out lots of applications. You often won't receive any acknowledgement about them at all. All you can do is keep on looking.

gananoque in Toronto, Ontario

29 months ago

I also applied for countless jobs using Indeed and got only two messages like yours. I found this answer on a different thread. It looks like when the job has an "easily apply to this job" feature you will get a message if the employer opened your application. I am wondering about the criteria used by an employer in deciding to read your resume.

www.indeed.com/forum/gen/How-to-Use-Indeed/does-indeed-work-resume/t510170

"Hi Natipaola,

The viewed by employer label is a new feature we are introducing that lets you know when your Indeed Application have been opened by the employer. If you have applied directly through Indeed (jobs that are labeled "easily apply to this job"), then you may receive this message when an employer reads your resume through their Indeed account.

That message does only mean that the application has been viewed. If the employer decides that they want to interview you, they will contact you directly with more information.

Take care,
Indeed Host
www.indeed.com/help"

Patricia in Tennessee

11 months ago

How will I know if my resume has been viewed by an employer?

shingami in Chicago, Illinois

11 months ago

I've gotten reply emails that said that. But as I learned, that's all it means. I don't know how they know it was viewed, but they looked at it and I guess threw it in the trash and moved on because I never get a call back, just that they looked at it. I think some jobs send you this and some don't. If you don't get it that doesn't mean anything.

These employers have so much mess that make us think they are thinking about us, but they're really not.

michaellgray3759@*****.*** in Grand Prairie, Texas

11 months ago

Professionalism is a thing of the past. Old school dictated a written response to the applicant. So many times potential employers do not respond to the receipt of a resume. Today, those that do respond send an form letter through an e mail. There is no longer personalization to the reply. It stinks!

Struggling to Find Full-Time Work in Silver Spring, Maryland

11 months ago

AndyRising in a State of Bliss said: I see emails that say I've applied. (Which seems dumb to me... I know I applied. But I guess people need the reassurance that their application went through.)

I don't think that's dumb. It's good to have that confirmation of applying to jobs, especially when needing proof of applying to jobs when collecting unemployment benefits.

Joe Smith in West Lafayette, Indiana

10 months ago

My theory is that indeed is an evil site that doesn't want you to get a job. So they tease you and dangle the jobs like carrots and block your application from ever getting viewed. They are nosy and hope you never get a job

tlbeck201@*****.*** in Omaha, Nebraska

2 months ago

I wish there was a way that when we see these notifications that an employer viewed our resumes to email the employer to help us get ahead of other applicants. GIve us an opportunity to NOT allow them to pass on our resume and show the employer how much of a value we really are!

joy in Waynesville, North Carolina

1 month ago

my resume was reviewed and I received a message to call them back but it is after hours and they are closed for the weekend, how do i handle it. i also work monday morning, I don't want to lose my chance at this job. Please advice,

James P. Shelley in Yucca Valley, California

1 month ago

joy in Waynesville, North Carolina said: my resume was reviewed and I received a message to call them back but it is after hours and they are closed for the weekend, how do i handle it. i also work monday morning, I don't want to lose my chance at this job. Please advice,

Really?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.