Feedback to Indeed.com

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Sheila Miller in Minneapolis, Minnesota

30 months ago

I always assumed that when I use Indeed's "Send Message" to a job candidate, that they receive a link that includes my job posting so that they can refer back to it. I've just realized that's not true, and that explains why some of the applicants respond by asking questions that are clearly answered in our job posting. If they've applied for several similar jobs, they're asking about pay, hours, nature of the job... because there's nothing that leads them back to the original posting. Whereas, as an employer, when I log in I can clearly see the candidate's resume and all of the messaging we've had back and forth.

I recommend to Indeed that they add that feature for the benefit of both job seekers and employers. It's been frustrating to me when a candidate who applied for my job seems to be ignorant of the nature of the job. Easily remedied by a link back to the posting.

361iain in United Kingdom

27 months ago

quite frankly useless...you upload your cv and it is destroyed...just let word documents be themselves...don't try one size fits all...and assume it will fit into your boxes...it doesn't...i don't want to spend 2 hours cutting and pasting

harrypearsall in Sydney, Australia

25 months ago

I hate using this site, it is never showing a direct way to your profile so you can update your resume. This site is hard to use and cumbersome to boot

jbaker@*****.*** in Kelowna, British Columbia

25 months ago

Navigation and accessibility for employers accessing receipts for paid adds are poorly designed. Also, most other employment sites, online payment firms produce an invoice or transaction receipt for charges that are paid.... How can you allow your firm to have a disadvantage by not keeping up with the business expectations. Transaction receipts a poorly laid out and are not automatically emailed out after the billing cycle.... Get with 2017 or I will take my business elsewhere.

- Indeed Host in Austin, Texas

25 months ago

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Indeed with this feedback. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate team for further consideration.

If you have concerns about the formatting of a CV or resume after it has been uploaded to the site or have any other specific issue, please contact us at www.indeed.com/support/contact or sent a note suport@indeed.com so we may assist.

Take care,
Indeed Host
www.indeed.com/help

Jason in Toronto, Ontario

25 months ago

You must come up with a better way to classify the jobs you feature. I am looking for a job in communication (i.e. PR, corporate communication, employee relations, government relations etc.) But because you use the keyword "communication" to send me "relevant" jobs, I recieve any job description with "communication" in it. So, I have to sift through several job ads for Baristas or hairdressers etc. simply because the ad has mentioned the need for "strong communication skills". It would be much better to assign groups of professions a number and then allow job seekers to search for jobs in that number, instead of a keyword. So, for example, if I want I job in communication, I would search job class number one, and see only relevant jobs. If I want a job in food service, I would search in job class number two and see only relevant jobs. If I want a job in law enforcement, I would search in job class number 3, and so on.

The way you have it now makes no sense, and wastes the time of job seekers.

Shani in Atlanta, Georgia

24 months ago

I find it VERY difficult to get in contact with applicants. We always have multiple jobs that we are looking to fill but we can't get applicant's contact info to reach out to them. Indeed.com holds their contact info HOSTAGE and we can't reach candidates. We email them through the Indeed site ($1 per email) and we don't hear anything back. It's a disservice to the applicants. We just want to contact the applicants to provide opportunities. Provide their phone numbers already. Please don't do this the applicants - this hinders employers from contacting them. I'm fed up.

sganders in Boonsboro, Maryland

22 months ago

Quite surprised by your pricing changes for 2018. This will mean a 50-90% increase for our firm. Ridiculous!!!!

Louis Sanchez in Anderson, Indiana

22 months ago

I am a professional recruiter and while I do use your service in all honesty it uses me. The process of having to filter hundreds of candidates that just click click click one click reply's is exasperating at best. I honestly laugh at your tv commercials about the world's best candidates. I think i'll warn you now that you're appeal is going to wane very quickly. I approach people on the phone everyday that applied yesterday or even today and they have NO CLUE. They cannot tell you anything about the job they responded to. I have created a form letter as a filtering screen reviewing basically what I described in the ad. All this AND an increase in prices? I reallly believe you should re-consider you do not have the appeal that is worth double the price. Just my FYI. I am finding ways to avoid using you as I do not have time to waste my time. I hope this feedback encourages you to put a limit or something on the users to avoid the quick heavy finger that is a log jam everyday. Also a telephone filter or search mechanism would be great as well.

Just so you know we are discussing ways to avoid your services at the upcoming prices. I think you are about 5 years too early with that price point increase. Facebook has much better contact features, I believe they will show you where the proverbial door is.

kathyricci10@*****.*** in Salt Lake City, Utah

21 months ago

How can I only get NEW job postings each day? Right now, I see the same ones over and over and over.

kathyricci10@*****.*** in Salt Lake City, Utah

21 months ago

How can I get only NEW jobs sent each day?

hrtoronto@*****.*** in North York, Ontario

19 months ago

We would like to have the option to create our own questions to qualify applicants.

Anneweibert@*****.*** in Ballwin, Missouri

18 months ago

I spent much time searching for a job on indeed .com. I probably uploaded 70-80 resumes and only received notice that 10 were actually read by employers. I ended up with three different interviews and did accept a job offer that I think is perfect for me. Interestingly enough, two of the three calls were from recruiters that the companies had working on their behalf.
If you are searching for a new career I encourage you to hang in there. It takes time and I'm beginning to believe that it really says a lot about you if you are able to find a job without having a contact. Just persevere.

Cameron in Oakville, Ontario

16 months ago

I like to receive new job postings emailed to me when they appear on Indeed. However, that is not what I get. Almost twice a day I am sent 30 or so job postings that I have already seen! Every now and then there is something new. But I delete the email job notifications because they waste my time so much sending the same OLD jobs twice a day.

In theory, emailing people with new job postings in the field is a very good idea. But in practice you are shooting yourself in the foot by flooding my email with info I have already seen. I will not waste a ton of time everyday reading 30 or so job descriptions I have already seen 100 times, in the hope of finding something new. I truly hope this feedback brings some much needed change, which will help improve Indeed.

john in Martinsburg, West Virginia

16 months ago

Please provide HR Contact Number for job posted companies . So that we can contact them about the job details and job availability.

16 months ago

john in Martinsburg, West Virginia said: Please provide HR Contact Number for job posted companies . So that we can contact them about the job details and job availability.
Hello,

Indeed is not involved in the hiring process for the companies listed on our site. You can visit their company website for contact information. If an employer is interested in your application submitted via Indeed, they will reach out to you directly.

Thank you,
Your Indeed Host

16 months ago

Cameron in Oakville, Ontario said: I like to receive new job postings emailed to me when they appear on Indeed. However, that is not what I get...
Hello,

We're looking into this issue and appreciate your feedback.

To ensure that we can better answer this question as it pertains to your individual account, please reach out to our Customer Support team.

Take care,
Indeed Host

16 months ago

hrtoronto@*****.*** in North York, Ontario said: We would like to have the option to create our own questions to qualify applicants.
Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. To ensure that we can better answer this question as it pertains to your company's account, please reach out to our Customer Support team.

Take care,
Your Indeed Host

Feedback in Durham, North Carolina

16 months ago

I just wanted to mention that if the job details font just a bit darker, it would be easier to read.

I like the emails that look for new posting in a location and type.

The one off emails, about specific jobs are almost always in the wrong fields and need specialized training that I don't have, not sure why a general one is good and a tailored one isn't.

Nancy Colwell in Torrance, California

15 months ago

Indeed is really bad because now I have a NEW job that I can send candidates - one they might like better but since I have emailed them... can't do it for 30 days... I am the only recruiter for this company on cool technology -in this market - the way you made the rules SUCKS - it sucks for the candidates and they don't even know it. I tell everyone who will listen - STAY AWAY FROM INDEED - until they play fairly, you need to use Monster or Dice. you are doing a disservice to candidates by having the rule this way.

Job Seeker in Ogden, Utah

14 months ago

From a user, please, for the love of Pete, allow some way to tag or report bogus jobs or deceptive jobs who bait & switch. And ALLOW A FILTER TO EXCLUDE COMMISSION JOBS.

If I am searching for a salaried position making $60k a year, I hate seeing door to door pest control sales, home security sales, and gym trainers polluting my results.

jjamesmanzano in Toronto, Ontario

13 months ago

There should be a way to hide companies and jobs that are not relevant. For example, I am looking up "Project Manager" jobs and many of them do not fall within my industry of expertise, either from the job title or the company. Just as there is a way to save companies that you are interested in following, there should be a way to hide the ones that are not relevant.

mcshank in Madison, Wisconsin

13 months ago

jjamesmanzano in Toronto, Ontario said: There should be a way to hide companies and jobs that are not relevant. For example, I am looking up "Project Manager" jobs and many of them do not fall within my industry of expertise, either from the job title or the company. Just as there is a way to save companies that you are interested in following, there should be a way to hide the ones that are not relevant.

Absolutely! I am looking for a job as a CIVILIAN paralegal. The military has its own justice code, which I know nothing about. I would really like NOT to receive notifications about military paralegal positions.

I also have "Legal Assistant" and "Legal Secretary" in my saved searches (without the quotes), but I keep getting results that have "assistant" or "secretary" where the job description has nothing whatsoever to do with the legal field.

dave in Plainfield, Indiana

12 months ago

Indeed sucks. Widespread abuses by employers, even when no job actually exists.

It was a good platform, but not now.

ao1000 in Phoenix, Arizona

10 months ago

When I first started to use Indeed.com, it was quite helpful. As the time went on, the search relevance was not to my specifications. I only heard back from Indeed.com when they company has moved onto another step, without my application. It's fine that we are not going to be accepted, but there is no reason to alert us of this news. I have opted for other sites to assist with jobs, when and if I want. This one is no longer of good use.

roofing in Walla Walla, Washington

10 months ago

hrtoronto@*****.*** in North York, Ontario said: We would like to have the option to create our own questions to qualify applicants.

I wish we had that option.There re so many job specific questions that would filter out candidates. I hate having to post an ad and have so many candidates respond when a simple personalized question would filter most of them out.

It makes us look bad as employers.

ddiehl in Kingfisher, Oklahoma

9 months ago

I have applied for many positions using indeed and received zero responses or calls from employers. I exceeded all the requirements for the position and even provided extensive documents necessary to show my certification and education. I think this is strictly an advertisement site and not a site for employees to find jobs.

suzanapes in Tipp City, Ohio

9 months ago

I was planning to leave a comment regarding the organization to which recently applied, but after reading the reviews posted about Indeed, I am unsure where the fault lies. I applied for a job on 12/20- almost a month ago. I received notification that my application was received. I am eminently qualified for this position, yet have not received any notification from the company- either requesting an interview, informing me the position was filled; nothing. Then last week, the position was reposted. So I attempted to call Human Resources to inquire about the status of my application. After sitting on hold for fifteen minutes, I finally spoke to a person who had no idea how to reach HR. So I went back to the website and there was only 1 number listed- the one I called. So maybe I dodged a speeding bullet. Five Rivers Health Center does not seem like a very good place to work. Too bad for them- they missed out on an excellent candidate.

JohnRH in Fayetteville, Arkansas

9 months ago

Indeed, please stop sending email recomendations for electrical engineering and software jobs. I am a mechanical engineer.

JasonMcJason in Owens Cross Roads, Alabama

8 months ago

So, I just used your Indeed Assessment phone interview system for the first time.
You know how the automated voice tells you to press star to re-record?
Well, on my last question, I was asked how much I wanted for a salary, and so I was silent, since I had to open my computer back up to see the range listed on the job posting. I didn't want to throw out a ludicrous number.
Your automated voice told me it didn't hear me, and to press any button to continue. I pressed star, thinking it would start over, as all it had recorded was silence.
But no. No do-over for me. Your phone system told me my interview was over, and I never answered the last question. I followed your directions... I just wanted to start that one over. But now I can't, and I'm worried that I'm going to sound foolish, having only left the sound of my breath.

I mention this because I hope you can take a look at this issue. I don't want this to happen to anyone else. This platform is wonderfully useful, but it can be even better if you can iron out details like this.
Thanks for listening.

-IndeedHost in Austin, Texas

8 months ago

Hello JasonMcJason,

If you have concerns about your experience with Indeed Assessments please reach out to our Customer Support team. They may be able to assist with the issue you had. Take care,
Indeed Host

LindaRLK in Canton, Ohio

7 months ago

In my application I was asked about how many 1 year jobs have I had. I do not understand this question. Is it asking if I only worked one year at several places or how many years of experience do I have? Very unclear.
Thank you.

-IndeedHost in Seattle, Washington

7 months ago

LindaRLK in Canton, Ohio said: In my application I was asked about how many 1 year jobs have I had. I do not understand this question. Is it asking if I only worked one year at several places or how many years of experience do I have? Very unclear. Thank you.
Hello LindaRLK,
Indeed does not provide the questions that are listed on the employer applications. I suggest that you reach out to the employer directly to answer this question.
Good luck with your search.

feisenport in Louisville, Kentucky

7 months ago

I do not like using indeed; they have a definite bias in job postings. All that is available in my area are daycare, nursing and useless jobs like hosting and flowers. I really wish they would do more to bring real business to Louisville Kentucky, and for those who don't want to be dismembered financially, physically or socially just to pay our bills. Education and healthcare have a true monopoly.

Jrwall in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania

6 months ago

It's really frustrating that there's no "share" button on Indeed. As I look for a job and network with others in the same state, it's really difficult to share a job that I've found for someone else. The long url is often broken and requires extra steps to email...reducing the likely hood that you can create a network of advocates helping you find your next role.

fantastic in Tampa, Florida

5 months ago

Om well I don't nowhere to put this out to but this is the only place that I can find on this website I've tried to have the utmost patience with this stupid website I have wasted numerous hours upon hours and days and days and all I get and my inbox are the stupidest assessments from these companies that are a joke that think they are on New York Wall Street and they work for the stock market all I got is the stupid f****** assessments as if I need to go back to Grammar School when all the employer really needs to do is simply open their eyes and read my resume and then they would realize that I fit the position but instead all I get in my email is unfortunately they've decided to move on with this Unfortunately they decided to move on with that this is the worst job website I have ever been on in my life I don't have patience for this s*** it makes me really f****** angry at these employers and this job website does not help you to get a job clearly I've been on this job website since last December and we are in May now still looking for a job and again all I get back is O and fortunately unfortunately thank you for applying someone reviewed your resume someone looked at your resume that's all I get in my inbox so where are these jobs at indeed gets you could I ask please because I'll tell you something right now I have my bachelor's degree in business management and that should say enough and especially if people took the time to read my letter of recommendation and realized that I used to run a Buick GMC dealership and wrote the mission statement as well as the employee handbook for Connecticut and Long Island as well as their labor laws then I can pretty much take any f****** job but apparently these Administrative Assistant positions at these companies are posting on this f****** website don't think so so could someone please let me know where you get the job on this f****** website cuz I'm honestly about to snap.
Schneider. C29@hotmail.com

fantastic in Tampa, Florida

5 months ago

Hello

fantastic in Orlando, Florida

5 months ago

Help me or tell

5 months ago

Me how to get a job off here
Schneider. C29@hotmail.com
Please help me

5 months ago

Could someone please explain

5 months ago

How do you get a job off here?

5 months ago

I have to write ky comments and questions out like this ..ciz that's how this website works

5 months ago

Can someone please tell me
How do you get a jib off here.

I have been applying on this website since December and I still don't have a job
Can someone please help me?

5 months ago

Omg so I'm not the only one that can't get a job off this website.
Literally all I get in my emaik is the

THIS COMAONY VIEW YOUR APPLICATION!

UNFORTUNATELY, THEY HAVE MOVED ON WHEN I AM COMPKETLY QUALIFIED FOR THE JOBS HOW DOES THAR MAKE ANY DAM SENSE?

OR U GET THE COMOANYS THAT THINK THEY ARE GOD AND WANT U TO TAKE THESE ASSESMENTS THAT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MAKE U THINK YOUR BACK IN READING SCHOOL.

5 months ago

Those ones are a joke.

5 months ago

There is NO CUSTOMER SUPLORT TEam U CLICK IN IT AND IT SAY NOT FOUND
DAM IM OVER THIS WEBSITE WHAT A JOKE. I THOUGHT I WAS LOOSING MY MIND AND ALL THIS STUFF Was just happening to me!

5 months ago

Sweetheart I've been looking for a job on this website since December. It's a joke. The assessments are a waste of time, unnessassary, n I still dont have one. I have my bachlors in business management and this is the only website I've used since December. My advice would be to use craugs list or monster, career builder any other site but this. N there is no customer support I just try to go to oage and it said not found. You will not get results here. U will just spin your wheels and get no where. Tell me how have I been looking for a job since December and I have my bachelor's degree and I still have not gotten a job through this website that's impossible

5 months ago

Are you trying to respond to other people and I've been doing this for a half hour now and it just goes below my comments instead of below the other people's comments what a great website

5 months ago

361iain in United Kingdom said: quite frankly useless...you upload your cv and it is destroyed...just let word documents be themselves...don't try one size fits all...and assume it will fit into your boxes...it doesn't...i don't want to spend 2 hours cutting and pasting

Well if it makes you feel any better I've been looking for a job on this stupid website since the summer and I got to still don't have one and now I know why

5 months ago

Louis Sanchez in Anderson, Indiana said: I am a professional recruiter and while I do use your service in all honesty it uses me. The process of having to filter hundreds of candidates that just click click click one click reply's is exasperating at best. I honestly laugh at your tv commercials about the world's best candidates. I think i'll warn you now that you're appeal is going to wane very quickly. I approach people on the phone everyday that applied yesterday or even today and they have NO CLUE. They cannot tell you anything about the job they responded to. I have created a form letter as a filtering screen reviewing basically what I described in the ad. All this AND an increase in prices? I reallly believe you should re-consider you do not have the appeal that is worth double the price. Just my FYI. I am finding ways to avoid using you as I do not have time to waste my time. I hope this feedback encourages you to put a limit or something on the users to avoid the quick heavy finger that is a log jam everyday. Also a telephone filter or search mechanism would be great as well.

Just so you know we are discussing ways to avoid your services at the upcoming prices. I think you are about 5 years too early with that price point increase. Facebook has much better contact features, I believe they will show you where the proverbial door is.

Thank you so much for saying this this website is beyond a joke

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.