how does indeed work? with the resume and all

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

AndyRising in a State of Bliss

38 months ago

If your qualifications interest the company,the company will contact you via the email address or phone number that's on your resume. It will be a direct contact, not through Indeed.

Oh, and to answer "now what do I do...." Now you forge ahead and look for more jobs to apply to on Indeed, on other job sites, and in the real world. Don't ever sit around waiting to hear back from that one job. Because unfortunately the chances are good that you'll never hear back.

Good luck!

tequilasunrise in Nowheresville, North Carolina

38 months ago

Indeed is just a job search board like ny other. Go to the main page and search for jobs in your area. Most times the link for a job will take you to the website of the actual company.

Personally I do not recommend posting your resume. aNYONE can see it and it just makes you a target for fake/scam "employers". I got obviously bs emails for months after removing my resume. Also if you are working and want to keep your job search to yourself this means someone from your current job could see you are searching.

I agree with AndyRising..be proactive. Very few legitimate employers go looking when they are getting hundreds of applicants per day. Good luck to you.

tequilasunrise in Nowheresville, North Carolina

38 months ago

Note.. i misread your post. I thought you meant you posted your resume on indeed's site. Again, agree with AndyRising. Keep at it!

Jellybean in Decatur, Alabama

38 months ago

I downloaded the indeed app and applied for a few jobs. One said it offered me and when I clicked it it said congratulations share your new job? Does this mean I got the job or what? I am confused oconfusedn this part.

38 months ago

Jellybean in Decatur, Alabama said: I downloaded the indeed app and applied for a few jobs. One said it offered me and when I clicked it it said congratulations share your new job? Does this mean I got the job or what? I am confused oconfusedn this part.

No, sorry, it doesn't mean you got the job.

It's just acknowledging that you applied for the job.

This is probably the Indeed app wanting you to tell all your friends that you applied for a job through Indeed. All part of the "sharing" that every social media site thinks we all want to do. It doesn't many anything... just ignore it.

Jack and Jill in Stratford, Ontario

30 months ago

Has anyone actually got a job using Indeed? I have responded to 25-35 jobs and haven't heard back from one...finding that a little strange and wondering if potential employers are even getting my resume. I get the response saying it was sent but very very odd not to have any calls

Question in Alexandria, Virginia

30 months ago

From an HR perspective, who's new to Indeed. I've sent out a number of e-mails through Indeed for potential candidates for positions. I haven't received a response to any of them. How can I be sure that the emails I sent are being seen?

-indeedhost in Austin, Texas

29 months ago

Hi Natipaola,

The viewed by employer label is a new feature we are introducing that lets you know when your Indeed Application have been opened by the employer. If you have applied directly through Indeed (jobs that are labeled "easily apply to this job"), then you may receive this message when an employer reads your resume through their Indeed account.

That message does only mean that the application has been viewed. If the employer decides that they want to interview you, they will contact you directly with more information.

Take care,
Indeed Host
www.indeed.com/help

Rhoda in Southfield, Michigan

29 months ago

Why can't I apply for all the jobs through Indeed? Some jobs take you to apply on their site which makes no sense. I don't care to fill out an application for their site when I can just send them the resume I already have on Indeed. Having to fill out all that info is really a waste of time an a huge inconvenience. Why can't they just get my resume from Indeed? And I don't care to sign up for THEIR job site. That's why I'm using Indeed!

29 months ago

Rhoda in Southfield, Michigan said: Why can't I apply for all the jobs through Indeed?

Because Indeed doesn't force employers to do what you want. It gives them options, just like it gives you the option of using your Indeed resume or uploading a custom resume from your computer or phone.

When I see a job listed on Indeed I usually go to the company's website to learn more about the job, the benefits, and the company. And while I'm there I usually apply through the company's website if I can. It shouldn't matter, though... however you can get your resume into a company should work.

Arealist in Santa Monica, California

29 months ago

Jack and Jill in Stratford, Ontario said: Has anyone actually got a job using Indeed? I have responded to 25-35 jobs and haven't heard back from one...finding that a little strange and wondering if potential employers are even getting my resume. I get the response saying it was sent but very very odd not to have any calls

You have to apply to like 100 to maybe get a reply back. Welcome to 2016

Erika in North York, Ontario

27 months ago

-indeedhost in Austin, Texas said: Hi Natipaola,

The viewed by employer label is a new feature we are introducing that lets you know when your Indeed Application have been opened by the employer. If you have applied directly through Indeed (jobs that are labeled "easily apply to this job"), then you may receive this message when an employer reads your resume through their Indeed account .

That message does only mean that the application has been viewed. If the employer decides that they want to interview you, they will contact you directly with more information.

Take care,
Indeed Host
www.indeed.com/help

Hello! So does it mean that any time when employer wanna interview you they are gonna call you or email you directly? not through Indeed? Because now that I am checking my account it says I GOT AN INTERVIEW. What does it mean?

JJAlt in Boca Raton, Florida

25 months ago

How exactly does the application process on Indeed work? Can you find a job listing you like and hit "upload resume" and it automatically puts in your application for the job at the touch of a button or do you have to search and fill it all out manually like craigslist?

25 months ago

JJAlt in Boca Raton, Florida said: How exactly does the application process on Indeed work? Can you find a job listing you like and hit "upload resume" and it automatically puts in your application for the job at the touch of a button or do you have to search and fill it all out manually like craigslist?

That's basically it for lots of jobs, but Indeed doesn't force employers to use one method. Some will still expect you to fill out their online application in addition to sending them your resume.

nrproenza in Miami, Florida

25 months ago

Erika in North York, Ontario said: Hello! So does it mean that any time when employer wanna interview you they are gonna call you or email you directly? not through Indeed? Because now that I am checking my account it says I GOT AN INTERVIEW. What does it mean?

Mine says GOT AN INTERVIEW? what does that mean?

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

25 months ago

nrproenza in Miami, Florida said: Mine says GOT AN INTERVIEW? what does that mean?

It means You got an interview.

nrproenza in Miami, Florida

25 months ago

Thank you. What if there is no date yet? Are the Employers supposed to contact me?

25 months ago

nrproenza in Miami, Florida said: Thank you. What if there is no date yet? Are the Employers supposed to contact me?

I don't think this means anything. When I look at my Saved Jobs, there's a drop down list beside each job. The first choice on that list is "Got an Interview?" Notice the question mark. This is something that YOU can set, just to remind yourself that the employer contacted you to set up an interview. It's not something the employer sets. You must have mis-interpreted this, or you chose that option by accident. That's my belief, anyway.

Until the employer actually contacts you, your job is to keep looking and continue to apply to other jobs.

Shae in Glendale, Arizona

25 months ago

Arealist in Santa Monica, California said: You have to apply to like 100 to maybe get a reply back. Welcome to 2016

Ive applied to over 1000 jobs via indeed over the past year and have only received 1 phone call back.

Mimi in Brockton, Massachusetts

24 months ago

Can employers see how many positions I have applied for with other companies via Indeed once I apply for their posting?

Thanks.

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

24 months ago

Mimi in Brockton, Massachusetts said: Can employers see how many positions I have applied for with other companies via Indeed once I apply for their posting?

Thanks.

No. They can see how many times you have applied to them though.

Kathy in North Royalton, Ohio

23 months ago

Why can't I simply add a resume here?

And if this is such a great site why are you ignoring all of these complaints.

AndyRising in a State of Bliss said: If your qualifications interest the company,the company will contact you via the email address or phone number that's on your resume. It will be a direct contact, not through Indeed.

Oh, and to answer "now what do I do...." Now you forge ahead and look for more jobs to apply to on Indeed, on other job sites, and in the real world. Don't ever sit around waiting to hear back from that one job. Because unfortunately the chances are good that you'll never hear back.

Good luck!

23 months ago

Kathy in North Royalton, Ohio said: Why can't I simply add a resume here?

And if this is such a great site why are you ignoring all of these complaints.

Indeed asks you to enter your resume data in a standard format that everyone has to use (Mostly you can just copy-and-paste from your resume, though.) But if you don't like Indeed's standard format, almost all job postings give you the option of applying with a resume that you upload from your desktop computer or phone... that fancy resume you made with six colors and fourteen fonts.

Needajob in Tucson, Arizona

23 months ago

Jack and Jill in Stratford, Ontario said: Has anyone actually got a job using Indeed? I have responded to 25-35 jobs and haven't heard back from one...finding that a little strange and wondering if potential employers are even getting my resume. I get the response saying it was sent but very very odd not to have any calls

I have applied for several jobs over the years with Indeed.com and I have NEVER gotten a response back from an employer. Just Monday I applied, did not hear back from the employer, so on today, I went to the company website and applied and got an instant request for an interview next week. I don't know what is up with indeed- is my application through them lost in cyberspace. This experience has convinced me that Indeed is a lead. I will not continue to apply for jobs through their site as it seems to be a waste of my time.

Nathan in Fort Collins, Colorado

23 months ago

I have several email messages in my email that say,Indeed job alert from company y?
Indeed apply to companey x? I have my indeed resume searchable to employeers. Whats indeed apply, and indeed job alert.

23 months ago

Nathan in Fort Collins, Colorado said: I have several email messages in my email that say,Indeed job alert from company y?
Indeed apply to companey x? I have my indeed resume searchable to employeers. Whats indeed apply, and indeed job alert.

You've probably set up an alert without knowing it. Click your user name (email address) in the top right (of the desktop computer screen). You'll see a menu that lets you look at your resume, jobs you've saved or applied to, and alerts you've set. When you set an alert, Indeed will send you a message when another job with that title or with that company appears. You can delete anything you don't want.

brooke in Saint Louis, Missouri

22 months ago

why are there so many jobs on indeed that only give you an option to save the job???? there is no where to apply

Kshah in Westland, Michigan

21 months ago

-indeedhost in Austin, Texas said: Hi Natipaola,

The viewed by employer label is a new feature we are introducing that lets you know when your Indeed Application have been opened by the employer. If you have applied directly through Indeed (jobs that are labeled "easily apply to this job"), then you may receive this message when an employer reads your resume through their Indeed account .

Take care,
Indeed Host
www.indeed.com/help

Can other employers see ALL jobs that you apply for? Even if it's not just for their company?

Mori in Silver Spring, Maryland

20 months ago

Hi,

I sent my application to a company like 2 months ago. Today I got a phone call to set up an interview. Unfortunately, I did not save the resume and cover letter that time!!

Is there any way to recover/review what I submitted?

Thank you for the help.

Tae in Atlanta, Georgia

20 months ago

Not sure how long the new Indeed feature has been out but I received a notification on the app as well as in my email last week that a employer has view my application. Maybe two days later I was notified again the job posting was made in error and they are not currently hiring. That was the one and only notification I have yet to receive so I am thinking if employers are not logging to their account they are not going to see the applications. I am going to start applying though the website if possible.

Tae in Atlanta, Georgia

20 months ago

Mori in Silver Spring, Maryland said: Hi,

I sent my application to a company like 2 months ago. Today I got a phone call to set up an interview. Unfortunately, I did not save the resume and cover letter that time!!

Is there any way to recover/review what I submitted?

Thank you for the help.

Ask the employer to provide you with it but other than that no you can't retrieve it.

tgpii in Chicago, Illinois

20 months ago

It don't work!

pbarry@*****.*** in Chantilly, Virginia

19 months ago

Hi! I'm a recruiter and I recruit heavily out of indeed - do candidates get a notification when I view their resume? And if so what does that notification look like? Is it just a general note saying "An employer has viewed your resume"? Or does it specify my username?

Thanks!

19 months ago

Hi,
If you look into profiles that has not applied for your job post, it won't inform the job seeker at all. But if you look into a profile that has applied for your job post, it will send an email to the applicant saying " congrats! Somebody from ABC company looked at your profile/ application. And thats it. Not username or secret info will reveal.

CImani in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

19 months ago

Yes I get call backs all the time. I lost my job this past Monday and have received 4 call backs for interviews.

19 months ago

For how long have you been applying?!
It works! The thing is that overall job market is down and you should consider the season too. Dec. and January are not hot hiring months.
Keep up with your applications. I started applying in late Oct. and recently got interviews.
The kind of job, industry, market and many more parameters are playing in employment ground that we should understand.
Good luck ...

britishrose in Walsall, United Kingdom

19 months ago

Rhoda in Southfield, Michigan said: Why can't I apply for all the jobs through Indeed? Some jobs take you to apply on their site which makes no sense. I don't care to fill out an application for their site when I can just send them the resume I already have on Indeed. Having to fill out all that info is really a waste of time an a huge inconvenience. Why can't they just get my resume from Indeed? And I don't care to sign up for THEIR job site. That's why I'm using Indeed!

Filling out an application form is not a waste of time for the employer because your CV doesn't exactly justify you as a person.
In an application form employers look more than just a CV and thats why they make recruitment stringent these days.
I used to work in recruitment (in a sales) and I do understand why these processes are needed when hiring.

Also if you don't care to fill out an application means you don't care about the job itself.

19 months ago

JJAlt in Boca Raton, Florida said: How exactly does the application process on Indeed work? Can you find a job listing you like and hit "upload resume" and it automatically puts in your application for the job at the touch of a button or do you have to search and fill it all out manually like craigslist?

No sometimes the employer would actually need you to apply directly on their website.

Indeed is just a lead, advertising the job for the employer; that is what its there for.

19 months ago

pbarry@*****.*** in Chantilly, Virginia said: Hi! I'm a recruiter and I recruit heavily out of indeed - do candidates get a notification when I view their resume? And if so what does that notification look like? Is it just a general note saying "An employer has viewed your resume"? Or does it specify my username?

Thanks!

Yes applicants do; it just simply says exactly that when they receive an email notification about it.

19 months ago

Question in Alexandria, Virginia said: From an HR perspective, who's new to Indeed. I've sent out a number of e-mails through Indeed for potential candidates for positions. I haven't received a response to any of them. How can I be sure that the emails I sent are being seen?

I'm having the same problem here in the UK except I'm an applicant and whenever I reply to employers I don't receive a response from them afterwards. I'm assuming there is a technical glitch at Indeed's end?

19 months ago

This happens everywhere. You have to apply to about 100 jobs at least to probably get a response, and I'm not even in the US!
It happens here in the UK and other countries. Looking for a job is a stressful process to say the least.
I have to definitely agree with the person who replied to your post - welcome to 2017.

uieluck in Colorado

19 months ago

25-35? haha! I have applied for 879—no joke. And those are just through Indeed.

19 months ago

uieluck in Colorado said: 25-35? haha! I have applied for 879—no joke. And those are just through Indeed.

25-35...another delusional applicant who thinks that amount of applications are enough to get at least an interview!

uieluck in Colorado

19 months ago

britishrose in Walsall, United Kingdom said: 25-35...another delusional applicant who thinks that amount of applications are enough to get at least an interview!

Yes, a year ago before I accepted my current position, I was at 1249 (2 year span). I completed my master's degree in 2014 and even keeping it buried it's hard to get responses, hits or interviews.

19 months ago

uieluck in Colorado said: Yes, a year ago before I accepted my current position, I was at 1249 (2 year span). I completed my master's degree in 2014 and even keeping it buried it's hard to get responses, hits or interviews.

I've literally lost count to how many jobs I've applied for!

confused in Guntersville, Alabama

18 months ago

I downloaded the app and I would like to know how much it cost. It flashed by to quickly that I didn't get the price and how much does it cost a jobseeker like myself. I appreciate any help I can get with this.

uieluck in Colorado

18 months ago

confused in Guntersville, Alabama said: I downloaded the app and I would like to know how much it cost. It flashed by to quickly that I didn't get the price and how much does it cost a jobseeker like myself. I appreciate any help I can get with this.

What app? Indeed? Indeed doesn't cost anything. It's free.

-indeedhost in Austin, Texas

18 months ago

Hi Confused,

Uieluck is correct. We are a free job search engine for job seekers, so there is no charge to search the site, upload your resume or apply for a job.

Take care,
Indeed Host
www.indeed.com/help

autumnsjunk in Lawrenceville, Georgia

18 months ago

Hey,
Curious I keep calling applicants who apply for my jobs. When I call them they have no idea what job I am referring too. I post specific hours I need worked and the salary in my job description but no one seems to know any of this. Or I get someone to actually show for an interview and they still have no idea what the job was that they applied for. They are telling me that indeed does not show them the information that it automatically applies to any other jobs close by that are even similar to the original listing they applied to. Is this correct? Because I'm ready to stop using your website all together. I've been getting some awful applicants who have no idea what job I'm calling about and they get rude. Normally I find a good person within a couple of weeks. This time I'm up on 1 month and every call I make no one knows about my job saying they applied to one that sent their resume to multiple.

Rich in Ventura, California

17 months ago

When an employer receives a job application from an applicant, is the applicant's resume sent as an attachment, or as a link to the resume on Indeed?

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.