GMAIL/GOOGLE HANGOUT JOB INTERVIEWS SCAM

Page:  « First « Previous   6  7  8  9   

Lisa1129 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

1 month ago

Please note: the process of transferring these funds by people who they do not know is called money laundering. Here is the quick definition:

"the concealment of the origins of illegally obtained money, typically by means of transfers involving foreign banks or legitimate businesses."

Please google "money laundering" and see if that matches up to what these people are trying to do. It may sound legitimate...but it's illegal. And YOU are left to explain the deeds.

phxarizen in Los Angeles, California

1 month ago

Complete and total scam. I received an email from a Connor Anderson officedesk505@gmail.com. The position paid $25/hr. Interview was to be done over Google Hangouts. He kept saying my timely response was needed. I did the research and the company is legit but I'm sure he was a scammer. Thanks to this forum I called him out and he blocked me. His English was pretty good but there was a few screw ups in his spelling. That SOB

Bsim in Tampa, Florida

27 days ago

I received the following email

Dear Applicant,
We at CSS Industries, Inc. received your Resume for the Position of Administrative Asst/Receptionist Position posted on 100+ job board.

CSS Industries, Inc. are in need of your skills and you're among the Candidates shortlisted for an online/chat Interview with CSS Industries, Inc. Senior Recruiter Human Resources.This interview will be coming up today 01/21/2019 at 10am prompt.

This interview process is chat based online through Google Hangout. You're to contact the Senior Recruiter/ HR Coordinator Mrs Doreen Mulryan on Google Hangouts (cssinc.interview.mulryan@gmail.com) to confirm and acknowledge the receipt of this email and to schedule your interview and confirm your availability.The Google Hangout email again for the interview is cssinc.interview.mulryan@gmail.com.

Thank You
Recruitment Office
CSS Industries, Inc.

The first flag was that I got the email 1 1/2 hours after the start time. Second flag, o went back and looked at all of my job applications and not one was for the listed company even thou it is a real company. The person I contacted was need Doreen mulryan. She was good but not good enough. She clearly spelled out my job duties, but then told me I'll be working from home and only communicating on Google Hangouts for 2 weeks while I get set up.
Not even 20 minutes later chatting with his person I had a job offer making $30hr. And I was being sent a check for office supplies and sofware. It's all a scam, even after I said I didn't know any of the programs, she said they will train. I started looking at these forums and shut it down real quick.

26 days ago

Good thing you shut the thing down. Whenever they only want to do a "chat" and not a real call or video is because they are based out of the country (my opinion...but it seems to be the case with the misspellings, etc.).

AGAIN - no one legit will send you a check for office supplies, computer, etc. without meeting you first. How do they know YOU aren't a scammer yourself!

Which brings me to the following: I really wish a scammer would receive an email like this and turn the tables on these people. Sounds terrible (because I don't wish anyone to be scammed), but it would teach them a lesson! I really hate seeing people out of work being scammed out of any money they might have.

One other thing: Be careful of scams in general. I'm usually really good at sniffing them out, but I was scammed by someone claiming to be from Apple. The email looked legit. It said "Thanks for your order" with a two video games attached to it. It had a link if you wanted to cancel, etc. My son uses my account to order games, etc. so this wasn't out of the realm of possibility. I should NEVER have clicked that link. It was a phishing scam. I know Apple (the real one) makes you jump through hoops if you forget your log-on info. So it didn't phase me one bit. I wound up giving out too much info. I called Apple, was told it was a scam, and had to shut down my credit card and bank account. Unfortunately, I have found someone opened an Amazon card in my name. Luckily, I got an email and call about possible fraud...and the card they opened was shut down. Please be aware of these other scams. They are getting really good at it.

Kassieg

26 days ago

Jesse in Potomac, Maryland said: I'm glad I found this thread. I just finished an "interview" on Google Hangouts with someone who didn't even bother to read my answers, but then told me I'm a good fit for the position. I'm feeling very gullible and foolish right now for letting it get this far, but fortunately they don't have any valuable identifying info.
The company they're hiding behind is legitimate and based in Missouri. They say they want me to work from home and pay 20$ an hour for simple work. I looked up the person interviewing me on Google and Rockbill Morgan does not exist. Simply a made up name.

Yes, don't feel too stupid though, I actually just finished one also. Also in St Louis Missouri. I'm not normally this naive. But apparently I was this time

JONCOTE in Humble, Texas

25 days ago

AndyRising in a State of Bliss said: Where is your resume posted, that these scammers can find you?

Take your resume off of the job web boards and off of Craigslist, and the scammers will disappear (after a while).

Keeping a resume on Indeed is OK if you set the resume to be private.

For all the advice to post your resume on various job boards, I simply don't believe that employers (not staffing agencies or recruiters) ever go looking for applicant resumes on those job boards. They don't need to... there's an abundance of applicants who will apply for any posted job.

I was recently offered a job by someone posing as a recruiter for valve software , luckily I caught it before I sent him any important information but please do not fall victim to this . They do an interview through google hangout and never once do you speak to a live person . I have never done an interview through texting so that was the first red flag for me . Someone posing as Ricardo Rodriguez, and Jonathan Wills. They talk about the positions they are hiring for which consist of Data Entry, Customer Service, Office Assistant, Customer Rep Candidate . Be careful putting your resume out online , they got mine through indeed.

Tywanna in Fayetteville, North Carolina

24 days ago

SCAM FRAUD BEWARE!!!!

Dear Applicant,

We're hiring outstanding Virtual Customer Care Associate to join Conversa's new call center. If you are someone who takes pride in providing exceptional customer service, we want to hear from you. Conversa is a fast-growing, healthcare practices management company dedicated to the values of team collaboration, customer service and quality assurance

Benefits and Perks
- We offer competitive pay and great training.
- Best-in-class telephony platform.
- Financially stable company and growing.
- Extensive training including: introductory training in technology, healthcare terminology development and customer service-centric soft skills.

At Conversa, we are one team, delivering care through more than 11 million patient encounters. Our teammates share millions of reasons to be proud of their work and the contributions they make every day. We invite you to learn more about Conversa, and discover all the possibilities our system has to offer.
We are confident you will find this new opportunity both challenging and rewarding.

Interview Methodology:
Kindly Set up a screen name with Google Hangout to proceed with the Interview/Briefing and Comprehensive job details, If you already have one, Kindly add Mr. Donovan Claudio via G-mail Hangout or Google talk with the following email address (Claudiodonovan01@gmail.com). You can download the app from your App store or Google Play on your smart phone and you can download one from the Gmail web-page (www.google.com/hangouts/) on PC.

Job Referece ID: CON012319H (this would serve as your identification number throughout the online hiring process). Your timely response matters a lot.

Kind Regards!
Todd Grant
Chief Human Resources O

Kimara in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

24 days ago

Just had this interview the last two days.. same exact as this listed below.

Kindly Set up a screen name with Google Hangout to proceed with the Interview/Briefing and Comprehensive job details, If you already have one, Kindly add Mr. Donovan Claudio via G-mail Hangout or Google talk with the following email address (Claudiodonovan01@gmail.com). You can download the app from your App store or Google Play on your smart phone and you can download one from the Gmail web-page (www.google.com/hangouts/) on PC.

Of course just like everyone I was "HIRED" LOL. I was going to go through with it and see if I can scam them. If I deposit the check and it "clears" I was just going to just transfer the money and see what happens. Then again I thought two wrongs don't make it right and I don't want to end up owning the bank because that's a worm-hole of it's own. 75% of me knew it was a scam but there was that 25% holding on to pure hope. I like taking risk I have been working from home for the past 4 years. So yea sometimes interviews can be a little unorthodox but this with their "Dear Applicant" didn't even no my name; was a dead give a way but hey what they hell. Someone with no ethics or morals will get them. The scheme is very clear guys. They give you the check (bad check) it might clear, you get the money, purchase from their vendor and since the job seems great you probably won't risk taking the money. You purchase through their vendors (dummy company) no products will be shipped and they get real money because it's their dummy account you are spending the real money in. If you look at it from a numbers stand point. There are well over 1000 complaints on this site, and these are just the ones that reported and researched it. Even at 10-15% of their lower checks of 900 even 10-15% who fall for this daily, the scheme is a hit daily LOL. It sucks because they are preying on vulnerable people looking for work and are desperate. I just got their FedEX confirmation LOL.

TaikoLover in Mesa, Arizona

24 days ago

I want to share my experience too. I became suspicious when they mentioned about a perk that they will pay off a new hire's credit card debt and if I like it. When I answered that no employer had ever offered to payoff credit cards and also answered my previous position was with the police department. They stopped responding. But initially I felt a bit weird when these people were using gmail accounts instead of company domain emails, which is an important check point as other people also mentioned.

23 days ago

Haha...your mention of working for the Police Department really made them stop very quickly!

Lmhops in Las Vegas, Nevada

23 days ago

I received the same email about 3 times and another one came in today.

eileen4 in Lake Worth, Florida

23 days ago

I agree and it is a shame that people get ripped off...But why is a bank just cashing a check without verifying funds first?? They have the means to do so. Shame on the banks for not using technology to stop their customers from losing money. The bank needs to verify funds from another banks check no matter how a good the customer presenting it is, and no matter how much money they have in their account to back it up........that should be a courtesy the bank does for its customers. I have seen people comment on here that sometimes the bank teller will tell them its a bad check. This should be all the time with every bank and every customer!!!!

Degorgoeus1 in Charlotte, North Carolina

20 days ago

Just this morning I received an emai to set up a google hangout account for an interview for an admin assistant. The gmail account for HR threw me off and thank God it did.

20 days ago

I've noticed that some banks have a sign posted next to their ATM machines that says "PLEASE READ" - and then mentions the scams, encouraging people NOT to accept any checks from people they do not know and depositing them. Mostly, it is a money laundering scheme to hide money obtained illegally by making it look like they are a legit "business." You, as a supposed "employee" are the one the police will catch up to.
But you are correct - if someone actually goes into a bank, a teller should examine the check. However, it has been found that these checks are written off of legitimate accounts by people who have already been scammed! So, the check looks real because these people have gotten the person's account information and are taking over their identity.

jumpnj in Aurora, Illinois

16 days ago

I had a text come from a cell number in Mobile, Alabama. Wouldn't tell me the job description or what it would entail. Went as far as saying I had to do nothing and the company would handle it. You don't get $25 per hour to do nothing. Yells SCAM, plus the spelling and grammar was horrid. They also chose a company in Australia and a quick Google search showed they weren't hiring administrative positions plus they weren't hiring outside of the country, period.

LynAnn in Santa Rosa, California

12 days ago

I answered one about Data Entry from home from Celonic AG. Interviewed on google hangouts and given the job... 10.75/hr for training $15/hr after. They are going to send me a pdf check that I'm suppose to print and put into my bank for like $750 To cover the software needed... The apple laptop will be a gift from the company. Dead give away was a huge multi million dollar company and their HR person has a yahoo email.. Hmmmmm? Sounds like they are trying to make it sound more legit.

12 days ago

The first one I received, I was believing the whole thing. I received the check and the first thing i did was call the bank it was drawn on to verify it....why is everyone not doing this???? How is anyone even depositing a check from a stranger without a verify???...I felt like a fool for believing, but I would never deposit without checking it out...please everyone..if you want a legit company to hire you, you should be smarter than this....

Gulliable in Germantown, Maryland

10 days ago

FAY in El Cajon, California said: I was contact by a person offering me a job at Bristol Myers Squibb, working at home. I had the interview on google hangout and have never even talk to this person and was offered the job. Strange thing what company would hire a person unseen and never spoke to on the phone. I could be a teenager just playing around trying to get a job. Another is the person is suppose to be head of HR at Bristol Myers Squibb and yes I have a Bristol myers email address well it's supposed to be. Also I call the company and explain myself and they told me that the person does work for BMS and their title is Head of HR, and the person is on Linkedin picture and all. Plus the same picture shows up on google hangout. However, I just feel something is wrong here. Any suggestions, hate to lose out on a job that might be legit.

The exact same thing is happening to me. Everything seems legit. I'm going to see how far this goes. My advice don't disclose private information. Only give them inf they already have such as email, phone number etc

10 days ago

it is not legit. No one is getting hired from an interview on google hangout only. please do not cash a check from them. Trust me, that is their next step with you

9 days ago

The person is most likely impersonating a legit HR person at Bristol-Myers Squibb and stole their photo from LinkedIn. Bristol-Myers Squibb does not interview for "work-at-home jobs" nor do they use Google Hangout. I would have told the person you called at Bristol-Myers that someone is trying to interview you through Google Hangout and mention the job. I am sure they would have told you the same thing. Let them know that this job is posted on Indeed. They should take it down. That happened to me. I posted for a job that looked legit (company was legit, etc.). When they pulled the "Google Hangout" BS on me, I looked at the company website. They were not hiring for the job I applied for. I sent them an email. They told me someone else had alerted them. However, for some reason, Indeed would not remove the job. Another idea for jobs at legit companies: check their website under "Careers." They list all the jobs that are available. I guarantee there is not one that is a "work-at-home job." Hopefully, you gave no personal information.

9 days ago

You are correct. No one hires through Google Hangout. If they do, they will also call you and/or have a video chat with you. My friend works at a company that did that (hired through Google Hangout - but they did a video interview, etc). However, I told her that she should probably change the hiring practices at the company because most people know Google Hangout is a scam. Their company could possibly be missing out on good employees simply because they know not to apply using Google Hangout and think it's a scam.

WINROSE58 in North Battleford, Saskatchewan

8 days ago

This scam has hit Saskatchewan. I had the same job offer only for Doosan Corp yesterday and they sent me a Job offer letter that required a signature and returned to them that read almost identical to the ones above. Then sent me a cheque so I could purchase everything to get started. Now I find this scam alert on the internet after a lot of searching. You just can't trust anyone or anything. This ad was on a trusted job board Indeed but I guess they can't weed out all the frauds and scams in the world.

faithie777 in Clermont, Florida

6 days ago

I'm so thankful for this post. I just got a text from a Mr. Johnson from Trinity BioTech for an Admin Assistant position. They wanted to interview me via Google Hangouts. I started the interview with a lady by the name of Dana, but started to really wonder whether this was a scan or not. Once she asked me for my personal info (full name, address, etc), I knew something was up and started my online search for find out about scams.. which lead me to this thread.

6 days ago

So happy you were cautious. I keep getting them, and I also get legit calls , so I will not remove my resume. I know better not to go on google hangout. I just got one 15 minutes ago and I replied like this: " I have a masters degree, so if you will be asking me at some point to cash a check, I will not do this".............needless to say, I have not heard back..lol

6 days ago

AndyRising in a State of Bliss said: Where is your resume posted, that these scammers can find you?

Take your resume off of the job web boards and off of Craigslist, and the scammers will disappear (after a while).

For all the advice to post your resume on various job boards, I simply don't believe that employers (not staffing agencies or recruiters) ever go looking for applicant resumes on those job boards. They don't need to... there's an abundance of applicants who will apply for any posted job.

Thank you for the great tips. This has happened to me s several times but I realize from the grammar and email that it was a scam and also the Google can’t hang out red alert.
On another note I also received a call on my cell phone last week from someone saying they were I had paid for a software that has a server down and they’re offering refunds this person asked me to go to my computer asked me to type in the website scroll down and then download software. He said I would be connected to their finance department so they could refund me $300. I know I didn’t purchase any software for $300 which was also a red flag to me.

This software will give them access to your computer and they can hack your computer, your passwords everything on your computer!! As soon as I saw download software I immediately hung up and they called back I just ignored the call the 2nd time and they call back from different numbers. If you get any kind of call like this please hang up!! Apparently this is a scam that’s been going on for years — I did some research online and found out about it .

6 days ago

Excuse typos in my previous email...

6 days ago

For all the elaborate schemes I come across, I think "Just imagine what these people are capable of doing if they made money legally and not at the expense of others!!"

Instead, there are those ruthless people who just want to make a quick buck...and hurt others in the process. It's their mindset. They only want to help themselves.

Mariamonkey in Edmonton, Alberta

5 days ago

Hi there I got an email sayin I had a job as a personal assistant I gave him my name and number and address and he sent me a check cause he is “away”.
I’m scared this is a scam and I am going to be in trouble. Can somebody tell me what to do?

Mariamonkey in Edmonton, Alberta

5 days ago

And I only have my resume on indeed and it has always been private

5 days ago

Don't cash the check!!!!!! These people always say they are looking for a "Personal Assistant," but they are always "away"...traveling. Truth is, they are scammers sitting behind a computer waiting for you to bite. No one will hire you as a "personal assistant" or hire you in any job without meeting you in person. Would YOU hire a personal assistant without meeting that person and send them a huge check? No. And no one will send you a check for a large amount of money without meeting you and trusting you. THEY ARE MONEY LAUNDERING. It is illegal. And guess what...YOU will be the one who gets into trouble, not them, because there is no way you will ever be able to find them to report them to authorities. The checks are fake...or they are written on some poor sucker's account.

Dioni_rosales in Miami, Florida

4 days ago

Even after so much military training on topics like this, you believe it because a part of you wants it to be true. This is my story...

Here is what I was sent after setting up the hangout interview:

"Welcome to Baker Mckenzie and as we proceed further with the briefing and interview, you will get to know more and understand better about the open positions. I want you to know that your quick response is highly appreciated, so try as much as you can to make sure that you respond very fast so we can get done with this in time. Is that okay?"

It continued with:
"I am Anna Verena, the hiring manager as earlier stated. I am presently located in Pennsylvania, United State. And I am here to brief and interview you more about the opening position."

The "hiring manager" is a legitimate lawyer that works for the firm in GERMANY but I live in South Florida.

Then the same thing as everyone else in this thread says starts to happen:

"There is an organized training program for hired applicants. The positions offer flexible hours for the full-time and part-time candidate and the pay scale is negotiable depending upon skill level. Please choose out the position you might be interested in Data Entry, Administrative Clerk/Assistance, Call center representative, Customer Service, IT Specialist, Receptionist, Payroll Clerk, Executive Assistant, Bookkeeper."

After 2 hours almost of conducting an "interview" she directs me to show up the next day at 9:00am to know the results of the interview. But before she ends the conversation, she sends me this:

"This is a Full Time/Part Time Job base on your choice of working 40 hrs weekly. Overtime is 1.5 times above regular pay.

*Pay mode: Cheque or Direct Deposit
*Hourly payment: $40.00 and $20.00 when training"

The scam is all the same and after signing an "Offer of Employment" letter, I quickly realized, I have been fooled. Hope this helps atleast 1 person.

4 days ago

I’m sorry you almost got sucked in. The grammar is a dead giveaway when they say “Pennsylvania, United State” and “cheque”

Thank you for sharing.

HHAdmiral

4 days ago

So I got hit with this scam two weeks ago and I let the bank know about the cashier's check being a possible fraud and did a straight deposit of this check. By all intents and purposes, it should have been detected at the bank level, but it was not and has now posted to my account, sitting there. They noted this on my account at my bank when I called them and notified them of my suspicion. I do not even know who to return this money to. It was drawn off a bank, I wouldn't give them my information and I did not cash the check. What to do now?

HHAdmiral

4 days ago

Gulliable in Germantown, Maryland said: The exact same thing is happening to me. Everything seems legit. I'm going to see how far this goes. My advice don't disclose private information. Only give them inf they already have such as email, phone number etc

I straight deposited the cashier's check and it cleared, much to my surprise. I am not going to draw any money off of it in case the bank that the cashier's check was from wants their money back. I guess that is the only thing I can do. I can't call anyone, I don't have numbers and I can't send the money back without an address, so for now I am stuck with the money, lol! Thank goodness I did not give them any of my banking or personal information. I asked them to send me a check instead of direct depositing into my account.

3 days ago

It cleared because the check is probably either 1) from someone else's bank information that was already stolen, or 2) it looks like it deposited into your account because all deposits "show" on your receipt. However, after a couple of days, the bank will remove the money if the check is not legit/has no funds. They may even charge you for depositing a bad check (not sure if all banks do this or only charge the person writing the bad check). If you withdrew funds, it's either from the funds you already had in the account OR the minimum allowed by the bank (ie. you deposit $1,000...there will be a message that only a small amount is available immediately).
When you told the bank of your suspicion, they should have told you NOT to deposit the check.
If YOU were suspicious, you should not have deposited the check.
I do not know how many times I have said this: NOTHING IS FREE. NO ONE WILL GIVE YOU A LARGE SUM OF MONEY WITHOUT MEETING YOU. IT IS AN F'ING SCAM!!!!!!!!

3 days ago

By the way, since you deposited the check, that will give them your banking information (routing number, checking account number). It won't give your password to your online account, but to be safe, please change your password. Otherwise, they may impersonate you and get to your account.

HHAdmiral

3 days ago

Lisa1129 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: By the way, since you deposited the check, that will give them your banking information (routing number, checking account number). It won't give your password to your online account, but to be safe, please change your password. Otherwise, they may impersonate you and get to your account.

This morning it looks as though it will be deducted from my account. Problem solved. I was worried that FBI would come knocking at my door for fraud, but I did call my bank and had them note that I suspected fraud,so I believe I am covered.
What bothers me is that I obviously am not happy hurting financially, but I am sad for that person that is. This is a very elaborate scam and for someone needing the job and money, this will devastate them!

3 days ago

Agree. I am currently employed. However, this scam will take advantage of people who are not employed and desperately trying to find a job. They have no job to lose, so why not go for it? The answer is simple...scammers will wind up with some of the little money they may have (even though the scammers promise you $4,000 for an at-home office). Your money winds up GONE. The scammers will be able to get to your money. Some people have been victimized to the point that they can no longer pay their bills or put food on the table. I feel really really bad. But if it sounds too good to be true...it usually is. That's all you have to remember.

3 days ago

Yes, they are hoping you cash the phony check. But as far as them getting your routing and bank account number, anyone you write a check to has that info as its printed right on the bottom of the check. Thats not what they want. By you depositing the check, they funds are somehow transferred to them out of your account.when the check ends up being no good, you lose the money

3 days ago

You are correct. There are some banks that have new checking accounts that protects you from fraud. I just opened one up as my account was compromised by...no surprise...a scammer (not a job scammer...something totally different).

doublearchtop in Westminster, California

1 day ago

Just received a similar email today. Did my search, company and name of hiring manager matched. However, the listed hiring manager had a completely different position in the company. Said that we have to use gmail due to new screening regulation. Did a quick search and found nothing as such

irisa2019 in San Antonio, Texas

1 day ago

i got one from CSL behiring
when i told them no.real company would do that they put. Oh I know can you help me out with 200 dollars ��
losers

Page:  « First « Previous   6  7  8  9   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.