Job Hoax

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Page:  « First « Previous   25  26  27  28  29  30  31  Next »   Last »

Mike in Bell, California

10 months ago

I received something similar to this yesterday (Probably a different version of this scam). Nothing about setting up a google account or anything. Email reads:

Hello,

I am replying back to your message concerning the job posted in which you're interested in,your application was received but unfortunately the position has been taken.There's another position to be filled, if that will interest YOU. I have gone through your email/RESUME and i am quite impressed, i think you are the right person for this job. I have had a previous Personal assistant who has been very commendable in her activities and who has been part of my life for the past 6 months, she has since moved on with her personal life and it has affected me in a way. I found her previously on the Careerbuilder website and I sincerely hope I will be able to find someone again who will be as efficient as she was. I need your service because I am constantly out of town as an auctioneer running my auction programme with my art products as an artist who deals with building interior,art work frames and also purchasing of art antiques from the auction and rebranding to put them back on high market sale..i am currently out of town now and will be back home real soon so that is why i will be needing you asap to take care of my errands for me back home as my personal assistant while i am away doing my auction programme.

Mike in Bell, California

10 months ago

Basically offered me a job as Personal Assistant.
Type: Full-Time
Hours: 15 Hours per week
Days: 3 days per week
Weekly Pay: $500.00

Asked for info like Name, Address, Phone #, and Age

then ended the email with:
to get started Asap..and when am back home we can sort out your paper work so it can enable you to pay your tax.
I will be looking forward hearing from you and then proceed on the next step forward.
Regards.

David Giammalvo.

Jessie in Austin, Texas

10 months ago

Mike in Bell, California said: Basically offered me a job as Personal Assistant.
Type: Full-Time
Hours: 15 Hours per week
Days: 3 days per week
Weekly Pay: $500.00

Asked for info like Name, Address, Phone #, and Age

then ended the email with:
to get started Asap..and when am back home we can sort out your paper work so it can enable you to pay your tax.
I will be looking forward hearing from you and then proceed on the next step forward.
Regards.

David Giammalvo.

100% scam. What was the email address?

Mike in Bell, California

10 months ago

Jessie in Austin, Texas said: 100% scam. What was the email address?

jonatkelmanhan@gmail.com

Scott in Saint Louis, Missouri

10 months ago

I though a transcript from one of these Google Hangout Interviews would be useful for others to refer to when trying to figure out if being scammed. I recently got an email the other day that led to this so called Google Hangout Interview and couldn’t resist. I’ve been in HR for 20 years and folks it doesn’t happen this way so protect yourselves and be aware. You will see from this almost 7 page document how they go to great lengths to make you their victim.

docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vRNwa3VepiJVdHVlTF3tbCTxMfde-faRAwds1MkYI9DJNIU8eYrf8X6rDTiKZXCRbGVTkcX0V7Fm32R/pub

bruins110 in La Palma, California

10 months ago

I just received an email just like that with a similar google address. I reported it right away and was told as you where that it was a scam. I would also like to warn people about a email I got from what turned out to be a phoney molding company. It was filled with all kinds of spelling and grammar errors. I reported that also and it was also found to be a scam. What is even more scary are the emails with job offers that contain no information as to who sent them, what company they represent and where they are located. I have been getting these email just about every day for the past week. It is really getting hard to distinguish between a real offer and a scam.

M.L. in New York, New York

10 months ago

WARINING!!!! DO NOT accept any interview invite sessions from a person pretending to be Catherine Holly or Hope Hernandez, representing Aurobindo Pharmaceuticals. This is A TOTAL SCAM! The interview is conducted via Google Hangout and the "offer letter/employment agreement" looks like it was assembled by a child. They immediately ask for money upfront once you get your "offer letter." There were red flags all along, poor grammar and typos. THIS IS A SCAM!!!!

Alliecat in Sherman Oaks, California

10 months ago

Beware of people claiming to be representatives of IOL Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals....Got a text from a 717 number today:

-"Hello, This is Steve Taylor from IOL Chemicals & Pharma LTD , Your posted resume has been reviewed by our company for Customer Service and Data Entry position with a pay of $35.00 hourly. We would like to know if you are interested?"

-"Yes please, I'd like to hear more about this opportunity."

-"Great.. You are required to contact Mr.Charles Newton for more information about the job and company. The job briefing and interview process will be done through google hangout. Do you have Google hangout?" -"yes" -"Good. I need you to send a message to Mr. Charles Newton now on Google hangout now. His hangout email address is payroll.dept026@gmail.com and your verification code for the interview process is ATL-57 got it?" -"Yes I am driving I need a moment" -"Alright ....Let me know when you have contacted him"

...you get the picture. Then on hangouts they claimed to be someone named Charles Newton under the email address "payroll.dept026@gmail.com". They asked me interview questions, and then at the end talked about sending me a check to deposit (exactly how it was stated in missymizdamina@*****.***'s situation) at which point I refused to provide my address to them, and asked why they didn't have me submit to a background check or fill out other necessary employment paperwork before saying I was hired.

This Charles person got snippy with me, and said: -"Alright do you want to teach me my job?" -Me: "Prove this isn't a scam" -"Have been doing this for years now and those who follow instructions are very happy with the job. Your employment offer letter will be emailed to you and i will let you know as soon as it has been sent and you are to have it signed and sent back to me" -Me: "ok" -"Alright. Provide me with the following details" ...Nothing, 20 minutes later... -"Are you with me? Can you do a mobile check deposit?"

BLOCKED.

Scott in Saint Louis, Missouri

10 months ago

Scott in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I though a transcript from one of these Google Hangout Interviews would be useful for others to refer to when trying to figure out if being scammed. I recently got an email the other day that led to this so called Google Hangout Interview and couldn’t resist. I’ve been in HR for 20 years and folks it doesn’t happen this way so protect yourselves and be aware. You will see from this almost 7 page document how they go to great lengths to make you their victim.

docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vRNwa3VepiJVdHVlTF3tbCTxMfde-faRAwds1MkYI9DJNIU8eYrf8X6rDTiKZXCRbGVTkcX0V7Fm32R/pub

One other thing you might want to note is the hourly rate if that information is available. If it is, multiply it by 2080 hours to get the annual salary. The idiots behind this Cognizant interview quoted an hourly rate of $29.50 which is $61,000. Again, having been in HR for so long and knowing the market rate for Admins in St. Louis I can tell you $29.50 is very high, completely unrealistic and another sign people are out there working hard to make you their victim.

10 months ago

I have gotten emails like that a lot. What do these people think they are getting away with here. Is this kind of stuff legal? Can you get the Police involved with this?

Ann in Evansville, Indiana

10 months ago

Hero in Piscataway, New Jersey said: Our HR Dpt. got your profile from job hunters resource for countrywide Purchasing Manager opening.

Basic duties are acquiring stated services & e-mailing definite reports.

On this role your salary is $73,800 a year.

All the additional expenses will be reimbursed ahead.
Your personal supervisor will stay in touch to help you on every stage.

Conditions:

- Work permission in the US;
- Background in MS Word and Excel;
- Be different tasks oriented;
- You should have a clear Background.

For more detailed information, please respond to us with uploading a Resume at miazf9i5campbell@yahoo.com

Notice Only candidates with Resume will be considered.

I received this email this morning. Noticed there's no company or anything pretty sure its a scam.

10 months ago

I have gotten emails like that also. They aren’t addressed to anyone in particular, they don’t say who they are or who they represent either. What is also suspect is that the say they got my resume off a career site, but they don’t name it. When I see something like that I report it to every job site I have my resume on. They are a great help in finding out whether or not a job ad is real or a scam.

Mike in Bell, California

10 months ago

Received another from Thomas Smith:

Your application appeared the most suitable of all that we obtained. From what we can see out of your resume you actually are just the kind of striving staff member our company is seeking for! Our recruitment team has reviewed your resume from ZipRecruiter.com referencing the AD for Administrative Assistant / Customer service rep / Clerical Support / Data Entry / Accounting Payroll.. We are very pleased with your listed qualifications and would like to conduct an online interview to discuss the duties within the job, along with the pay scale. Your information has been forwarded on to the Hiring Superior/Client Services ,Mrs Cardie Bella, She will be conducting the interview, via Google Hangout.

If you are still available and interested, I need you to download a Google Hangout App on ( hangouts.en.softonic.com/ ) and add up ( cardiecandox@gmail.com ) to your Google Hangout list and message me online so we can proceed with the job briefing and interview.
Let me know once you are done downloading the google hangout.

10 months ago

If your worried about this contact zip recruiters trust dept. They will look into it for you

Rush in Windermere, Florida

10 months ago

Google Hangouts is where it's at now.
I got scammed, luckily I figured it out after coming to this page during the "interview" through the messenger.
What a bogus event.

Mine was from:
Janice Roberts - zyngaonlineboardofartist@gmail.com
Lynn Moon - zynganowhiring2017@gmail.com
Matt Clinton - zyngaonlinecareers2017@gmail.com

The first email was this, don't get fooled!!:

We at Zynga are seeking for a freelance Game Designer to help us build and modify amazing games and as part of Zynga Design Team, and under the responsibility of the Lead Game Designer,you will be in charge of the design of top quality mobile games for Zynga markets.

We pay you $50.98 per hour with possible salary increase after two months. Monday- Friday Full Time and Part Time hours are available.

Responsibilities:

* Design quality games, that keep the player highly engaged.
* Create clear and complete game design documentation for game content and features.
* Create characters for Zynga games, working with the Lead Artist, Designers, Riggers and Animators to balance quality and game performance.
* Work in a variety of artistic styles ranging from realism to stylized and cartoony.
* & other duties as assigned by the lead game designer.

Requirements:

* 2+ years of game industry experience.
* Love of computer, mobile, and console games.
* Creativity and an understanding of game mechanics; and great attention to detail a must have.
* Experienced in Photoshop and After Effects
* Deep passion for games and Comfortable working independently.

How to Apply:

Indeed.com sent us your info as an ideal match for this position and to apply please email recent resume to us at zynganowhiring2017@gmail.com.

10 months ago

What is the point of all this? What are these people trying to do? Are they after money.? I really wish it would stop. I have been getting phoney job email for over a week now and Zi am getting tired of it.

gjursch in Thousand Oaks, California

10 months ago

almostduubed in Fairfield, California said: I received a call and an email from an Amy Eliott of Golden Gate Invest for a Project Management Supervisor. This scheme was quite elaborate, requiring a one month part time screening/training process for which I would be paid $2500. I did the phone interview and filled out an online application on their website. I was sent an employment agreement from a Will Braddock. and then sent regular training materials with questions to answer about the materials. Nothing really suspicious, but they kept saying my scores were outstanding and they were impressed, and that they were going move me ahead to the project phase of the training. This required me to transfer company funds to my credit card to purchase equipment for new offices. This is when the red flags went up. I did some further research on the company to find out NOTHING, they listed three offices on their website but none of the numbers were legit. I emailed them to say I would not do this fund transfer and have not heard from them since. I reported them to the FTC. And will follow up with the FBI. Below is a copy of the intitial email receieved:

I received the same offer from Audit Consult Partners ( AuditConsultPartners.com ) The Website is operated out of Ukrane

gjursch in Thousand Oaks, California

10 months ago

I received the same email from Audit Consult Partners. the website is operated out of the Ukraine.

DC in Pearland, Texas

9 months ago

Scam Fake!

Do not send them any information.

lsalley in Langhorne, Pennsylvania

9 months ago

I was on the 'google hangout' for the past 4 days and still NOTHING! This woman is claiming to be from Alcon Healthcare and it is a work from home data entry position, good money and benefits blah blah blah. I gave this woman my information but I do not have any money. Hence, looking for a good job with good pay/benefits. She is taking me for a ride. Today she asked me for my cell phone online IDs and to open a savings account with a company called PurePoint. She mentioned a debit card and that I was to purchase my own equipment for the job when they add funds to this savings account that I should open. That institution does not even handle business that way. They are not a bank and do not hand out debit cards. I said that to her, her only response was ' let me update the HR dept with that information ' I called the Company told them what was going on. They said it's not the first time they heard someone beings asked to open a savings account with them for a job. The most bizarre thing I have ever encountered in my life. Did everything through Google Hangouts and emails. She had documents forwarded to me with Company logos and address on them, little does she know I am broke and Tmobile and that Financial company are aware of what is going on and I hope she gets caught. Please send some good vibes to me though because with what I did give her, I am little concerned - It is definitely a screwed up thing to do to honest people and I kind of wish she was out front because I would go out there and explain why it's wrong to scam people haha.

shd24 in Chula Vista, California

9 months ago

I responded to a 'RECEPTIONIST' job ad at a gym. Had a real gym address. Applied. Got sent the following email from Console Miller "consolemind@gmail.com", so of course I left it at that an never replied. What tipped me of it was a scam was when they slipped up mid-email and started using the pronoun "her" without explaining. Always do your research, be aware:

Dear Applicant,

Our hiring team has received, reviewed and approved the resume you sent to us on Indeed and you have been shortlisted for an online interview because we believe you have the required qualifications to proceed. The positions available are: Phone Representative, Data Entry Representative, Administrative Assistant, Receptionist, Sales Associate, Content Marketing Manager, IT Management and Customer service/Call Center Representative.

Working hours are from 8 AM - 4 PM, Monday - Friday (could be flexible). The starting pay is $25/hr for the positions, we also offer part time work and you are expected to come online through Google Hangouts during working hours.

Following our newest online screening introduced by Better Business Bureau, you are required to set up a Gmail account to contact me via Google Hangouts by adding up her profile. Her Google ID is selenapistillo.prysmian@gmail.com which can be used to identify her ASAP for the online interview/briefing and comprehensive job details. If you already have an existing Gmail account, you may proceed with it as well.

Your reference code is ( ), this would serve as your identification number throughout the online hiring process. This is your first step to proceed further; we expect to hear back from you as soon as possible. If you have any problem, please feel free to email back.

NOTE: Your timely response matters a lot!

Regards,

Console Miller
Human Resource Department
Prysmian Group

AngrySar in Wichita, Kansas

9 months ago

Got selected for something similar today. Claims to be for Raw Food Life. $24/hr data entry, $11lhr training

Dear Job Seeker

Our recruitment team viewed your resume published Application : Data Entry - (Full Time/ Part Time) and we are pleased with your qualifications, we believe you have the required qualifications to undergo an online interview.

Your resume was shortlisted for an online interview with the interview manager Mrs Mary Littleton Via G-mail Hangout or Google talk with the following email address(littleton0142@gmail.com) The starting pay is $25.00 per hour for this Data Entry Position. Add Her to your buddy list and message Her, she will be online waiting for you ASAP to conduct the interview with you.

Your verification code is ( SR-0489 ), this would serve as your identification number throughout the online hiring process. Your timely response matters a lot.

We look forward to having you on the team.

Interview Scheduled : Online.
Date: October 23rd - October 28th
Time : 8am - 5pm daily
Venue: On Line Via Google Hangout
Training is Available
Human Resources
Your swift and timely response matters a lot in this beneficial position.

Best Regard :
Yours Truly,
Hiring Manager

9 months ago

princessangi07@*****.*** in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: It is still up it is all over. I didn't do it because it seemed fishy to me. Don't do it. I received the email from Joseph Boyd who told me to set up a yahoo messenger name and add Patriciawilson180@yahoo.com then told me to sit on line from 8am - 3pm and she would interview sometime in that period.

I get these kinds of emails all the time. I get some from people wanting "personal assistants, insurance agents and finical advisers. I have zero experience with all this and when I email them back asking them why they think I would be good for these jobs I never hear from them ever again. How can you be sure that an offer is legitimate? I have also gotten emails from people saying that they represent real companies. These email never have company logos or even address attached to then. I am getting sick and tired of this.

Dwayne Harris in Minneapolis, Minnesota

9 months ago

Dear applicant, we apologize for the delay in response, as in regards to your resume that was forwarded to our head department for the Data Entry/ Administrative Assistant position, The Hiring Desk has reviewed your resume for the Data Entry/ Administrative Assistant position and we believe you have the required qualifications to proceed. This is a Data Entry/ Administrative Assistant position, Working hours are from 8am-3pm, Monday-Friday. The starting pay is $38.00 /hr for this Data Entry/ Administrative Assistant position, you are also expected to come online through Google Hangout during working hours.I want you to setup a Google Hangout and if you have one already use it, add Mrs Sarah Gerald the Interview Manager and IM her on this ID Hangout ID (recruitdesk8@gmail.com) asap for the interview/briefing and comprehensive job details.This is our first step to proceed further. she will be on online waiting for you. Interview Schedule date/time is From Monday - Friday. 8am - 3pm

I also received this email, as well as a check for $3,950...its clearly a scam..who sends that kind of money for talking to them for 10 minute.

9 months ago

bruins110 in La Palma, California said: I have reseved this exact email at least two to three times. The area code is different, but request to go on google and the access code they supply you are similar. I am really getting to the point where I can’t tell the difference between a real job interview offer and a fake one.

I wonder if Google and Yahoo are aware that their sites are being targeted by scammers.

JessicaEC8 in Las Vegas, Nevada

9 months ago

I have been using Indeed a lot lately to search and apply for new jobs. I have my contact information on my resume. I had someone contact me through text that goes by the name of Elena Debbie claiming to work for Allegeis Group and that I had applied for assistant/data entry clerk position. She stated that if I was still interested in the position to download Google Hangout and add her. I added her on Google Hangout and she proceeded to tell me about the job, stating I would be getting paid $28 hourly, benefits included, working from home. She then started to interview me and then said she needed to speak with someone from hr, came back a few moments later and told me they wanted to hire me. She then asked for my home address and told me they were going to send me a check through the mail so that I can buy the software needed for the job. She also told me to add this guy on Google Hangout who calls himself Anthony Anderson who would be my trainer and I would proceed with him. The next day Anthony contacts me and lets me know the check should be arriving to me tomorrow morning and to contact him once the check has come. The next morning I get the check from FedEx overnight shipped, it was for $3,950.00. I contact Anthony and he tells me I need to deposit the check into my bank and to let him know once I've done so. I deposit the check into my bank, and my bank makes $1,500 available right away and tells me the rest will clear in a few business days. I let Anthony know this and he asks me to take a picture of the receipt and send it to him and then tells me that I need to send that $1,500 to pay for the software so that they can send me the software overnight. He then directs me to go to a walmart money center and gives me the info of someone to send the money to and I do it. Once home I googled his name and found this forum, and then sadly realized the whole thing had been a scam. Now I owe my bank $1500, money I don't even have. So please be careful.

9 months ago

If some one did that to me I would have said NO. When some one asks you to do what the asked you to do is BIG RED FLAG. You should report them to Indeed and maybe even to law enforcement.

9 months ago

Can someone please tell me what can be done if anything about all these hoax job offers that appear on this board and other boards? How can anyone tell what is real and what is not anymore? Sometimes I look up companies name that post job offers and a lot of the time I can’t find any info about, should you apply for these jobs?

katy in San Bernardino, California

9 months ago

Is it a scam if they ask you to send a resume for further consideration or scheduling an interview to a gmail address(there's no mention of an over the phone or email 'interview'? or when someone says you may not be the best fit for the job position but you maybe a better fit for this job position by a client of ours- and to email that client your resume and the client has an gmail account

LS in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania

9 months ago

Please also beware of jobs you've applied to and get an almost immediate response. Just today, 30Oct2017, I applied to two jobs this morning. 2Z Home Concepts - Admin Assistant and Logistics service INC - Customer Service, which turns out to be RAPID INC. Both responded to me within minutes of applying with one telling me the position has been filled and directed me to email someone else with a gmail account for a similar job (which I didn't)and the job posting conveniently expired when the job was posted only an hour ago (2Z Home Concepts). The 2nd asked for my email which I just played along with and provided my email. Loren Smith responded with more info and a website for which I'm sure is a scam as well. It just doesn't sit right with me. I researched the website and its rather new. I went to check back here on Indeed for the job posting and its completely gone "Page is not found"....Smh. Now I'm just poking fun, I responded to the email inquiring where the job posting disappeared to. Let's see if Loren, whose name was Lauren Smith in the Indeed message, responds.

Eric in Rio Rico, Arizona

9 months ago

gjursch in Thousand Oaks, California said: I received the same offer from Audit Consult Partners ( AuditConsultPartners.com ) The Website is operated out of Ukrane

I had the same experience from this company. Am on my first week of training and starting on the practical screening. Am currently waiting for further instructions on how they'll finance my project. I've always been tentative since they offered me that initial screening contract and can't find anything suspicious. Good thing I found this review.

alsid in Sacramento, California

9 months ago

Hi, i just wanted to know if anybody has any experience with a company named Varite. They have been calling me and asking to send my resume for a job. Seem like a scam to me, even though they havent asked for any personal details. They do have my name and phone/email, which are in my resume. Weirdly enough, I have been seeing emails and now these phone calls after i applied for a job on Monster. Can anybody tell me if they have any experience with Varite or anything similar?

Thank you.

Need Help in Dallas, Texas

9 months ago

gjursch in Thousand Oaks, California said: I received the same offer from Audit Consult Partners ( AuditConsultPartners.com ) The Website is operated out of Ukrane

So is Audit Consult Partners a scam too?

sistavee in Dublin, Ohio

9 months ago

I received an email from a Heather to schedule an interview for a job I applied to via Indeed. It was for a receptionist job at Orthopaedic & Spine Center in Dublin OH. The address of the place is legit as far as my research has proved. However, WHY WOULD SHE JUST DISAPPEAR ON ME & NOT RESPOND BACK TO MY EMAIL REGARDING AN INTERVIEW? Did this woman simply send me the email to satisfy some requirement of using Indeed to post her job ad? Her email address is <hgore6_afs@indeedemail.com>

If anyone can fill me in, I'd appreciate it.

Wendy in Gainesville, Georgia

9 months ago

Thank you everyone for sharing. Same situation. Received invitation for data entry position. Interviewed via Google hangouts. Company that they claimed to be from Jubilant Life Sciences, LTD. Offered start up check for equipment, asked for name and address as well as bank name. I asked if they could send funds to my business Google account and they said it was not possible. This began my suspicion. Will print and take IM's to police. Email given was steveyw67@gmail.com.

Eric in Rio Rico, Arizona

9 months ago

gjursch in Thousand Oaks, California said: I received the same email from Audit Consult Partners. the website is operated out of the Ukraine.

I received the same email from this company audit consult partners. So it's a waste of time to entertain them?

9 months ago

Why do people do people put hoax job ads on sites like Indeed and others? I don't get it? Is there something people can do to stop this? Are there laws against this?

Rosy in Houston, Texas

9 months ago

What happened if you do Deposit those checks into your account but their not asking to send notjing at front ??nothing

Rosy in Spring, Texas

9 months ago

What happens if you already sign the contract and send the legal documentation ? Please help

Jessie in Austin, Texas

9 months ago

Rosy in Houston, Texas said: What happened if you do Deposit those checks into your account but their not asking to send notjing at front ??nothing

It's a fake check, so call your bank and let them know before you get in trouble with your bank and the law for depositing a fake check.

Rosy in Houston, Texas

9 months ago

Thank you so much for your help.

MKillen in Killeen, Texas

9 months ago

I received a text message today from Mrs. Janet Olson from Fidelity Investments, Wanting to conduct an online interview for the position Customer Service Rep. The pay is $23.14/hr, work in your location/From home. I was skeptical so I prodded for more information, they wanted to do the interview online using google hangouts. I'm familiar with doing Skype interviews as at my previous job that's how I interviewed a lot of candidates. But when I asked her if it was a video interview, she stated no that it was all via text messages. I thought it to be very strange that it was only texting, so that's when I decided to google the company and google information about receiving the strange text. I found that Fidelity Investments was NOT advertising any type of work at home job and had ZERO job openings in my location. And I also found this webpage alerting to other types of scams like mine. So I thought I'd share my experience to be able to warn others as well. I shut down my google account and blocked their number from being able to reach me.

MandolynJMZ in Converse, Texas

9 months ago

The email I received today. I know its a scam so I'm messaging the person to see what they say anyways..

Dear Applicant,

This is to inform you that your resume have been reviewed here at the co-operate human resources office of Coventry Health-Care. This is in regards to the available position of an Administrative Assistant, a Customer Service Representative and a Data Entry Clerk available for immediate refill .Your resume credentials has been found fit for this job opportunity and you have been enlisted among candidates shortlisted for an online interview.

In order to apply and be able to seat for this interview you have to own a verified and valid G-mail address and also have a Google talk chat app or Hangout on your PC, Smart phone or any other device. If you do not have one kindly create a G-mail address and download a Google talk chat app or Hangout. Afterwards, you are then required to go online over your chat app and then invite the Interview Manager to chat so as to conduct the interview with you. Her name is Mrs. Patricia Walters , E-mail address : (patricia.walters201) You will get to know more about the company, your work benefits and lastly your work pay from her.

Best Regards
Human Resources Department
Coventry Health-Care Inc
Logo

Information included in this email is reserved to named addressee’s eyes only. You may not share this message or any of its attachments to anyone. Please note that as the recipient, it is your responsibility to check the email for malicious software. Finally, the opinions disclosed by the sender do not have to reflect those of the company, therefore the company refuses to take any liability for the damage caused by the content of this email.

MandolynJMZ in Converse, Texas

9 months ago

after speaking with "patricia walters", and her telling me i need all this equipment and software, I sent her a link exposing her scam. She then began insulting me in Igbo.

Patricia Walters
You dey craze for head onye ara mkpi Ezi aturu ewu okuko nkita

Patricia Walters
I ma ihe nagwa gi uduu bu na i na iga anwu tata

Patricia Walters
Nne gi ga anwu tata

You know what you are saying is that you're going to die soon
Patricia Walters
haaaaaa

Patricia Walters
papa gi na mama gi ga anwu

After I called her out for being a nigerian scam artist she blocked me.

Paynek88@*****.*** in Dallas, Texas

9 months ago

Dear Applicant,

Your resume has been reviewed by our HR Department in regards to the "Call Center Representative" position posted on Job Board | Indeed, and we believe you are capable of handling this position based on your resume.

Your details has been forwarded to Mr. John Miller (Hiring Manager). He would be conducting an on-line interview with you today, Thursday 9th November 2017, between 8:00 am - 4:00 pm to discuss about the Position that you are yet to occupy, also you will get to know more about the Company, Job Details, Pay Scale and Benefits, etc.

You are required to set up a screen name with a Gmail account on (www.gmail.com) and hangout on (www.google.com/hangouts) and message/chat and add his google hangout id ( Md.johnmiller01@gmail.com ) to your buddy list. Message him as soon as you are available to commence your Briefing and Interview.

If the date or time of the interview is inconvenient, please email the hiring manager ( Md.johnmiller01@gmail.com ) to schedule another appointment.

Your timely response is appreciated,
We wish you best of luck.

Best regards,
Human Resources.
Parveen Industries Ltd.

lmbrooka629@*****.*** in Hyattsville, Maryland

9 months ago

Parveen Industries Ltd <hr-department@parveen.org> Today at 2:46 AM
Message body
Dear Applicant,

Your resume has been reviewed by our HR Department in regards to the "Call Center Representative" position posted on Job Board | Indeed, and we believe you are capable of handling this position based on your resume.

Your details has been forwarded to Mr. John Miller (Hiring Manager). He would be conducting an on-line interview with you today, Thursday 9th November 2017, between 8:00 am - 4:00 pm to discuss about the Position that you are yet to occupy, also you will get to know more about the Company, Job Details, Pay Scale and Benefits, etc.

You are required to set up a screen name with a Gmail account on (www.gmail.com) and hangout on (www.google.com/hangouts) and message/chat and add his google hangout id ( Md.johnmiller01@gmail.com ) to your buddy list. Message him as soon as you are available to commence your Briefing and Interview.

If the date or time of the interview is inconvenient, please email the hiring manager ( Md.johnmiller01@gmail.com ) to schedule another appointment.

Your timely response is appreciated,
We wish you best of luck.

Best regards,
Human Resources.
Parveen Industries Ltd.

Just got this this morning I don't know if this is a scam or not I looked up the website it looks legit but I don't know if this job is real or fake

parveen.in/index.php

9 months ago

Can someone please tell me whether or not this ad is a scam.

I am sorry for disturbing you, however I like to know if you have received my letter regarding to vacancy.
As it is now I haven't get a response from you. Please reply immediately, regardless if positive or negative.
I hope to hear from you soon
Thomas Roman

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 12:14:04 +0000
Subject: Cindy Brown, a post has been offered

Hello, Cindy Brown

Basic Position summary:

The key function of this position is to obtain, and forward packagesas well as performing operations such as unloading & handling. You have to be ready for delivery from 9AM to 5PM, therefore you must always be at home. All packages will be on customer�s name who ordered them. All shipments will be delivered to your house by postal companies such as ontrack etc. You will be receiving shipments from internet stores with no international shipping option, including ebay sellers.

After a package is received, you must examine it for defects and upload photos to your supervisor. After a visual analysis, you will receive completely prepaid postage label and instructions for shipping, then a package will be shipped from you straight to our clients or to our sorting facility located in states. All shipments must be divided into two groups: corporate - electronics etc and private-clothing, personal care products, toys,, etc. We do not ship products that are banned for United States export.

Here are the essential position requirements

daily responsibilities, requirements, knowledge and skills:

- Receive all shipments.
- Examine quality of all incoming mail.
- Sort forward parcels.
- A scanner and a camera
- Always b ready to personally receive packages
- Take several photos of each received package and upload them
- Print prepaid shipping label and ship package within the next 4 hours from your nearest post location
- About 10 Sq. Ft. of free

Harshaw in Washington, District of Columbia

9 months ago

THANK YOU ALL for your posts. It saved me a lot of time as I am truly in search of work. Now I see how important it is to leave comments about our experiences because, afterall, we should be helpers one to another.

Deepthi Varrier in Windsor, Ontario

9 months ago

I got an email like this from a person called Rokky Bella (funny how I didn't think the name was weird enough!)

--
Dear Applicant,

Your application appeared the most suitable of all that we obtained. Blah blah your resume is perfect blah blah. Your information has been forwarded on to the Hiring Superior/Client Services ,Mrs Cardie Bella, She will be conducting the interview, via Google Hangout.

If you are still available and interested, I need you to download a Google Hangout App on ( hangouts.en.softonic.com/ ) and add up ( cardiecandox@gmail.com ) to your Google Hangout list and message me online so we can proceed with the job briefing and interview.

Benefits: Blah blah

Interview Venue: Google Hang Out

Best Regards
Human Resources
DXC Technology

The funny part is that I actually had applied to a Data Entry position at DXC Technology, and it was still active and accepting applications. So I fell for it, and had a chat with this Cardie. She said the job is for Novartis Pharmaceuticals, and the job is work from home until they set up an office near my location. She asked for my details, I just gave the name and city and my age. And then after speaking about the wonderful pay scale (this was when I suspected foul play) and work from home opportunities, she asked how I wanted to be paid and what the name of my bank was. When I said I wasn't ready to provide bank details, she said she needed only the name. I told her to contact me the proper way if the job is real, and that message didn't get delivered. Then I simply blocked her on hangouts and the email ID on Gmail.

What is the point of this though? What do they get out of phishing details like this?

9 months ago

What can one do to stop these scams? It has been happening to me far to often. I get emails from people who want to hire me for jobs that I have ZERO experience doing and when I email them back asking why they think this particular job is right for me I never hear from them ever again.

Page:  « First « Previous   25  26  27  28  29  30  31  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.