Getting a Calibration Technician job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

How did you get your start doing Calibration Technician work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Jason in Palmyra, New Jersey

69 months ago

I am interested in this info as well. Anyone? Every job seems to require experience to get hired. How does one GET STARTED? Technical school? College?-What courses to take? Hate to pay for education only to find out what I've paid for is useless and I need to pay for more (different) courses.

Richard in Cocoa, Florida

62 months ago

Well, typically people get their training to go into the calibration field in the Military. Personally, I was trained while I was in the Marine Corps in Biloxi, MS, and have worked a year in the civilian sector after I got out of the Marine Corps. As far as getting started, if the military is not an option, look for a school that offers a metrology program. Metrology is the study of measurements, which is what a calibration technician does on a daily basis.

krivet in New Iberia, Louisiana

42 months ago

i got into calibration building various gauges that are used on drilling rigs. some measure torque, some pressure, and some indicate massive weight. i love the work and its something that comes second nature now, but the price of oil dropped and companies started laying people off.im desperatly looking for a company who needs someone with my skills, so if anyone knows of any leads i would really appreciate it

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.