Miss imformation For newbies page 1

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

dj battle in Hampton, Virginia

27 months ago

Car hauling is just as hard a business to start as any other.If you have no business experience.You will probably fail and wish you had listened.Even if you have previous business experience you will probably fail.If you think there is a shortcut or you can succeed in a trucking business with a pick-uip truck you already lost 50k.If you were lucky like me .I had a retirement to cash in to get the right equipment.After destoying my 65k setup in less than 1 year.If not ,your car hauling days ended at this mistake.not to mention the 15,000 dollars in fines to keep my company from being banned from trucking.Keep in mind.I never take no for an answer.I never give up.I had made at least 2,000,000 by 30.then 2008 happened.Decided to turn my construction truck into a car hauler.I see the comments and questions on here and remember that i was once a bull headed fool.I thought i had a great idea and no one was going to stop me.I could do it better and smarter and cut corners,Do it my way.I did learn alot.I paid what a college education cost to learn it.Now i decide that if i had the right equipment,I knew the numbers,it will work.I cashed in my 30k (100k before bush).retirement,I had 20k of cash.I never drove a semi truck in my life.I still have 20k in credit cards available.Finally im set to go buy a truck i pay 100,000 for it.Keep in mind only 1 out of 1000 people could qualify for a loan like this.It only has 320,000 miles on it.Everything seemed fine for about 1000 miles. Got my first load.It took 8 hours to load,orlando fl to gulfport ms for 4500.good load ,pull up to the dealership backing up to turn around,I hit a powerline,didnt know that of course.Ok, now i start unloading these brand new dealer trades,Forgot to pin the back lower ramp with the corvette carbon fiber splitter.Thats demolished.Then i hit the bottom of the bumper on the impalla.We still havent gotten to the trucks that no longer have onstar and were attack by what looked like Freddy Krugers claws.page 2

27 months ago

At this point i was asked by the dealer to leave and never return ,I didnt get paid a penny,But looking back thank god ,He never made a claim.I know i did 10k in damage to his vehicles.10 k away from flat broke i decided to cut my losses and return to V.A.My agent told me if he claimed the damage i would be dropped and reported to the fmsca because i was only insured for 500 mile radius.Stay away from proggressive.THe dealer also didnt give me a negative rating on central,another stroke of luck.Now im back home pondering filing bankruptcy.i decide to go all and i mean all in.I grab a load to cali paying 11,000.on the way there i realize this truck has problems another 4000 just to bandaid it to cali.I get way 20 miles from my drop and decide to eat first,another driver helps back me up and waves come on

27 months ago

dj battle in Hampton, Virginia said: At this point i was asked by the dealer to leave and never return ,I didnt get paid a penny,But looking back thank god ,He never made a claim.I know i did 10k in damage to his vehicles.10 k away from flat broke i decided to cut my losses and return to V.A.My agent told me if he claimed the damage i would be dropped and reported to the fmsca because i was only insured for 500 mile radius.Stay away from proggressive.THe dealer also didnt give me a negative rating on central,another stroke of luck.Now im back home pondering filing bankruptcy.i decide to go all and i mean all in.I grab a load to cali paying 11,000.on the way there i realize this truck has problems.Another 4000, to bandaid it to cali.I get 20 miles from my drop and decide to eat first,another driver helps back me up and waves come on
you got it as i hit the 2 cars together on top.I cried a tear in anger and disgust asking god why i was dumb enough to try this.Now this is the day that i learned what car hauling is about,i unloaded that car and put it so tight to the bushes he couldnt see his bumper had a hole in it.He signed off no damage and i ran out of there.I was so close to being bankrupt.The only way that i got home was my credit card raised my limit. My 4th year in business i turned 250,0o0.Some dummy ,who probably read how there was so much money in car hauling,walked up and offered me 60,000 for that POS peterbilt.He lasted 6 months.In 7 years that truck had been repoed 12 times.Now i have a 96 frightliner with a detroit and a 2007 delavan high side .I can get in the back without a gear shifter up my but i get 7 miles to the gallon as opposed to 3.25.I have a full sized mattress and only paid 25,000.Im not trying to discourage anyone from trying.But The odds are stacked against you.If you dont have great credit and some cash you are certain to fail.But to all my parking lot brothers who actually did it,congrats.Learn on someone else s dime.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.