what percentage brokers receive?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

COWBOYUP in Modesto, California

100 months ago

I called a broker on central dispatch who posted a inop vehicle for $300 to go 475 miles.I acted like a customer in which I gave them the same description and distance and they quoted me $475 which is $1 dollar mile. that means the broker was pocketing $175 or about 35%. Is this how much brokers receive? How do you go about going around brokers?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

grimrepo in Canton, Georgia

100 months ago

COWBOYUP in Modesto, California said: I called a broker on central dispatch who posted a inop vehicle for $300 to go 475 miles.I acted like a customer in which I gave them the same description and distance and they quoted me $475 which is $1 dollar mile. that means the broker was pocketing $175 or about 35%. Is this how much brokers receive? How do you go about going around brokers?

yes they make more than that too! i have seen where they made $600 on three cars, and the carrier made $900! they brokers are what is killing the car hauling business! not all brokers are greedy, there are some good ones out there, but they are few! there really is no way to go around the brokers! your best bet is to go to an auto auction and get customers that way! it is difficult to have your own customers that will provide you with enough work...you will still have to use the brokers to fill your empty spaces! i know it sucks, but if carriers would not haul this cheap freight that would put and end to it! the other way that it will come to an end is there will be so many car haulers that go out of business because of cheap freight that there will not be enough haulers out on the road and prices will rise back up! $300 for a car to go 475 miles is not bad paying price, that is .63 cents a mile! my 7 car with 7 of those would pay $4.42 a mile! could make a decent living with that!

Reply - Report abuse

UNEMPLOYED CAR HAULER in Alexandria, Louisiana

86 months ago

grimrepo i am from Georgia just moved to La was working with a young lady who only had 1 car hauler on the road when the transmission went out she sold the truck and trailer leaving me with out pay and work ( really nothing I can do about it but move on) Im looking for an honest person who needs a realy dedicated driver who's not into games!! If you know of someone could you please pass on my info?? Paul watsonsworld@nctv.com thanks for the help.

Reply - Report abuse

Staten Island in New York, New York

5 months ago

COWBOYUP in Modesto, California said: I called a broker on central dispatch who posted a inop vehicle for $300 to go 475 miles.I acted like a customer in which I gave them the same description and distance and they quoted me $475 which is $1 dollar mile. that means the broker was pocketing $175 or about 35%. Is this how much brokers receive? How do you go about going around brokers?

35% broker fee may seem like a lot but its not. That $175 gets split up in so many ways. Sum goes to company, sum goes to the sales agents and then there is expenses like leads and jtracker software. It's hard out there for brokers with all that competition. They should be making more.

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.