Tips for clinical psychologist interviews.

Comments (8)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming clinical psychologist interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Aireial Mack in New Orleans, Louisiana

145 months ago

How long do a Clinical Psychologist goes to school for. and how much do they make.Is it a big field. Do alot of people who major in this turn out to be successful.

Aireial Mack in New Orleans, Louisiana

145 months ago

Do alot of people make it in this business.

aisha in Washington, District of Columbia

138 months ago

Aireial Mack in New Orleans, Louisiana said: Do alot of people make it in this business.

yes, of course, but you need a Ph.D. to be a clinical psychologist

nromley@*****.*** in Sells, Arizona

127 months ago

aisha in Washington, District of Columbia said: yes, of course, but you need a Ph.D. to be a clinical psychologist

In Arizona a Clinical Psychologist can also have a PsyD
I personally wanted a PhD degree but it was not available
to me.

NCRomley in Scottsdale, Arizona

126 months ago

aisha in Washington, District of Columbia said: yes, of course, but you need a Ph.D. to be a clinical psychologist

Thank You!

I have had a very disappointing experience. I am going to complete
my educational goal which is clinical psychology. I applied at
Argosy University and was given the condescending pity interview.
I saw it after four minutes with these two gentlemen. I hope friends ask me about Argosy University so I can persuade them
to save their time and dignity. What losers!

AW in San Diego, California

51 months ago

or a Psy.D.

Yakusara in Rocklin, California

43 months ago

There is a difference between Phd clinical psychologists and PsyDs. The PhD requires more familiarity with Theory and the fundamentals of research in terms of how to conduct it interpret it. These are skills that are central for a clinician's capacity for reading and interpreting the most up-to-date and professional information on best practices and Innovations in the field. My experience PhD's have a more informed and in-depth perspective on their patients problems and a broader set of skills for approaching a person's clinical issues in treatment. Also, you might experience, there are PsyD psychologist with Knowledge about treating patients with psychopharmacology. However, they are extremely rare. This may change as APA begins to require accredited programs to include information on pharmacological treatment. This is in the works. The PsyDs I have supervised are typically very disinterested in learning about psychopharmacology. Of course the training is to blame but A lack of familiarity with medication excludes an extremely important part of evidence-based treatment. In the end a person will benefit most from treatment with a professional Who provides a place they feel is safe, where they are heard and feel comfortable.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.