Tips for cytotechnologist interviews.

Comments (5)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming cytotechnologist interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Tally

139 months ago

When interviewing have confidence and make sure that you have your copies of your resume as well as certifications and references with you at the interview. Pre-Employment Screening Test are usually about ten slides that range from unsat to cancer. You are usually given two hours but the slides should be very straight foward and not intended to trick you. Just remember that they will want to see that you can identify dysplasias as well as cancer but also that you can distinguish between normal reactive/repair and inflammatory changes. There is no harm in reviewing criteria and pictures in DeMay the night before. The book the Pap Test Revised has very good pictures but at the end of the day call a spade a spade..Criteria is key and usually there is no ASCUS on pre-employment test. As far as questions on a interview, research the history on the company and just be yourself and be friendly. Know why you chose cytology and show yourself as a team player as well as capable of carrying out a task alone.

SRH in Bothell, Washington

139 months ago

One common question is, "Did you ever miss?" meaning did you ever miss an important, diagnostic cell. You have. Don't ever say that you never missed, because it shows that you aren't learning from mistakes. Be prepared to describe a case that you missed, and how you learned from it so that you do not make the same mistake.

Michelle in Kingston, Pennsylvania

135 months ago

SRH in Bothell, Washington said: One common question is, "Did you ever miss?" meaning did you ever miss an important, diagnostic cell. You have. Don't ever say that you never missed, because it shows that you aren't learning from mistakes. Be prepared to describe a case that you missed, and how you learned from it so that you do not make the same mistake.

That was a good call with the miss apect..
Make sure you ask about how the other techs get a long. I like to have everyone respect each other and know that they work together
8 days a week and can count on each other
if they are questioning cases..Be a good team player..

Tom Meng in Coos Bay, Oregon

117 months ago

SRH in Bothell, Washington said: One common question is, "Did you ever miss?" meaning did you ever miss an important, diagnostic cell. You have. Don't ever say that you never missed, because it shows that you aren't learning from mistakes. Be prepared to describe a case that you missed, and how you learned from it so that you do not make the same mistake.

hi,my name is Tom Meng. Do you still live in Bothell, WA? I live in Bothell too. I hopefully to know you.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.