Having a private investigator license is not enough

Comments (4)

Jose Fortunato in Miami, Florida

143 months ago

Back in the 80's having a private investigator license was a lucrative business and having a law enforcement background was about the only requirement for the acquisition of a license. Nowaday, the law enforcement background is only a plus for security details. You can still get the license, but need more to be considered by clients for investigative duties. Both technological and scientific advancements have created a tremendous impact in the industry to the degree where I believe that there should be a license for the private investigator and another license for the "Surveillance Operator". The investigators must specialize tehmselves in an area if success is the goal as the understanding of the technical and legal aspects of the specific area is the most important when assisting the client with the facts gathering for the defense or prosecution of a case.

Unfortunately, forclousures are on the rise nationwide, so you may want to know what's required of loan originators, mortgage brokers, home inspectors and/or appraisers.

What about medical staff when dealing with medical fraud cases?

Please note that fraudsters do not descriminate as they all misrepresent material facts to reach their financial goals.

What do we know about the laws/rules regulating the areas of service where these subjects are operating?

Jose in Doylestown, Pennsylvania

90 months ago

I am looking for a private investigator to sponsorship I am willing to pay for it

GLORY DAYS in Fremont, California

88 months ago

PI SUCKS> LOW PAY, USE OF ONES OWN VEHICLE AND GETTING PAID FOR A LITTLE MORE THAN HALF THE TIME YOU PUY INTO IT. EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER HAS A PI LICENSE NOWADAYS, THE BUSINESS IS FLOODED WITH WANABES AND INTERLOPERS AND AS MR. FURTUNATO INDICATED TECHNOLOGY HAS MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR JUST ABOUT ANYONE TO CONDUCT THEIR OWN INVESTIGATION WITHOUT PAYING A PROFESSIONAL. JUST ABOUT EVERY CELL PHONE HAS A CAMERA OR VIDEO CAPABILITY, GPS TRACKING SYSTEMS CAN BE PURCHASED OVER THE INTERNET BY PRIVATE CITIZENS, NEW VEHICLES ARE EQUIPPED WITH FACTORY GPS WHICH EVENTUALLY ELIMINATE THE NEED FOR SKIP TRACERS IN THE REPO BUSINESS. COMPANIES CAN MONITOR THEIR EMPLOYESS WHEREABOUTS WHILE IN THE FIELD THROUGH THE USE OF GPS SYSTEMS, CLOSED CIRCUT SECURITY CAMERAS CAN BE PURCHASED BY ANYONE AND PLACED JUST ABOUT ANYWHERE, THEN BE MONITORED BY A LAPTOP. THE ONLY THING LEFT IS INSURANCE INVESTIGATION THAT IS BEING TAKEN OVER BY NATIONAL COMPANIES WHO PAY THEIR INVESTIGATORS SQUAT. PUT YOU PI LICENSE IN A FRAME ON THE WALL AND TALK ABOUT THE GLORY DAYS. THIS INDUSTRY IS DONE. IN ANOTHER 10 YEARS IT WILL BE A MENIAL JOB.

auri in Florida

84 months ago

I agree PI in South Florida sucks if you work for a company... best thing to do is get the training you need.. get a company to sponsor you and then go on your own because if you don't you will be a slave in this career, the low pay and the stress that comes with the job... it's not worth it. I started my own small PI company.. I work here and there whenever I want... I get the days off I want and I make decent money working the days I want to work... No traveling all over Florida to make my boss happy... . Goodluck!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.