Hi all! I am in nursing school, and have an assigment for a nurse manager to answer some questions. These are subjective questions and if anyone can answer these it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. These are the questions....
1. How long have you been a Nurse Manager and what changes have you seen in nursing over the past five years?
2. How long have you been the Nurse Manager of the unit you are at now and what other units have you managed?
3.What are the major challenges that you face in your rold today as a Nurse Manager?
4. Looking back on your own nursing career, what lessons have you learned that have helped bring you to where you are today?
5. When you interview new graduates for your unit, what knowledge, skills, and abilities do you look for in that person?
6. In your opinion, what tupe of orientation do new nursing graduates need today?
7. Do you have ay reservations about hiring new graduates for your unit? If yes, what are they?
8. What advice would you offer to new graduates about how to make a successful transition during their first year of emplyment in today's healthcare environment?
9. In your opinion, what changes if any, will the Nursing Profession need to make to adapt to the Nursing Shortage?
10. What recommendations or advice regarding career planning would you give to me if I were interested in becoming a nurse leader in the future?
11. How do you feel about the idea of having high school nursing volunteers helping at your unit?
12. If there is anything else you would like to add, please feel free to do so.