Starting a Personal Assistant/Concierge Business

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

TreyInColumbia.1MnthAgo_Feb09

111 months ago

When would i see you again?! - i'm here in the area till April...
......
*ideas 2 conv3rge on... ema

treybum2 in Columbia, South Carolina said: I just checked out a book from my library. Check your library's catalogue--there's probably something there. I will say I haven't had much luck finding anything on the internet. Folks don't like to share their secrets!

The book I have is called "Start your own Personal Concierge Service" and it's one of those Entrepreneur books (no author).

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

pvero in Denver, Colorado

111 months ago

TreyInColumbia.1MnthAgo_Feb09 said: When would i see you again?! - i'm here in the area till April...
......
*ideas 2 conv3rge on... ema

Yes, I found this book a couple of weeks ago. It has great ideas in it. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

nblistings in Spring Valley, New York

105 months ago

I started my own personal assistant business. Its an llc in NY and the website is www.nblrs.com. I am looking for qualified professional assistants. I need assistants for child care, household cleaners, estate managers, personal shoppers, wardrobe consultants. Service areas will include Westchester, Rockland, Orange, and Sullivan Counties. Will expand in a few months. Please email resume and cover letter to careers@nblrs.com

How do I get corporations to add my services as a benefit to employees?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Ross in London, United Kingdom

104 months ago

There's a few websites out there with informative articles from people that have their own personal assistant business already. Or even better, search for "personal assistant (city where you live)" in Google and get in contact with someone for advice about what services they offer etc. I did a search for "personal assistant exeter" and the first result that appeared www.essentialpa.co.uk ended up being pretty helpful.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

stephen in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

87 months ago

i would love to do things for people but i want to do it big. If they got me a really nice luxury car to drive around to do them favors and w.e els they need or want. But get paid 50-65k a year. i would travel as far as i have to as well. i work in a hospital now maken $20 an hour and i would love to just do this. It would be great i would have a good time.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

davidrtwissjr in Atlanta, Georgia

75 months ago

nblistings in Spring Valley, New York said: I started my own personal assistant business. Its an llc in NY and the website is www.nblrs.com . I am looking for qualified professional assistants. I need assistants for child care, household cleaners, estate managers, personal shoppers, wardrobe consultants. Service areas will include Westchester, Rockland, Orange, and Sullivan Counties. Will expand in a few months. Please email resume and cover letter to careers@nblrs.com

How do I get corporations to add my services as a benefit to employees?

Easy! Create a proposal, solicit Office Managers and go at it.

An idea from a Professional Personal Assistant, go to local large community complexes: upscale apartments, condos, subdivisions, and the like, to offer your services to the resident’s through/via/because of their rental agreement/purchasing agreement. Offer the "complex" a list of services that you will easily be able to perform for the community residents. Offer the service at a very low rate to the management group as a onetime freebee for tenants/homeowners/etc. You will be sure to have repeat business from the management groups. You will have minimum return from residents BUT you will have a return. Good luck! Feel free to see my professional fb page: David R. Twiss Jr (Personal Assistant or Business Person). Also, feel free to contact me via email: davidrtwissjr@yahoo.com. I would like to continue this conversation and perhaps use each other as a sounding board for such ideas. Best regards, David.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

lydiawiensch in Oshkosh, Wisconsin

55 months ago

davidrtwissjr in Atlanta, Georgia said: Easy! Create a proposal, solicit Office Managers and go at it.

An idea from a Professional Personal Assistant, go to local large community complexes: upscale apartments, condos, subdivisions, and the like, to offer your services to the resident’s through/via/because of their rental agreement/purchasing agreement. Offer the "complex" a list of services that you will easily be able to perform for the community residents. Offer the service at a very low rate to the management group as a onetime freebee for tenants/homeowners/etc. You will be sure to have repeat business from the management groups. You will have minimum return from residents BUT you will have a return. Good luck! Feel free to see my professional fb page: David R. Twiss Jr (Personal Assistant or Business Person). Also, feel free to contact me via email: davidrtwissjr@yahoo.com. I would like to continue this conversation and perhaps use each other as a sounding board for such ideas. Best regards, David.

Just the type of information I am looking for..I would like to provide a variety of services along with some housekeeping/meal preparation. I am also an RN so I would think this could be marketable to 55 and older complexes..I was also thinking of advertising via newspaper, business cards etc...any other suggestions?
Thank you in advance

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

theconciergesociety in Adelaide, Australia

37 months ago

Hi everyone! I have been running a personal concierge business for over 11 years, and have just established an online community for new and established personal concierge businesses and their team. I'd love for you to get involved. Head on over to www.theconciergesociety.com to take a look. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have. I know what it was like when I started - hardly any information around at all! :)

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.